SPOILERS: 1/22 ROH HDNet tapings in Philadelphia
» Reported by Adam Martin of VIP.wrestleview.com
» On January 23, 2011 at 3:05 pm
Results courtesy of ROHforum.com:
Ring Of Honor
January 22, 2011- 4:00 pm belltime
The Arena (former New Alhambra Arena/ECW Arena)
7 Ritner Street, Philadelphia, PA 19148
a) Slyk Wagner Brown defeated Christian York after sitting on a sunset flip attempt, holding the ropes during the pinfall.
- The show opens with Jim Cornette out to interview Davey Richards. Davey apologizes to the fans for his failure to win at Final Battle. He says he doesn't wanted to be handed a rematch and that he will train hard and earn one. Davey goes on to say that if he doesn't win it on his next try he will never challenge for it again. Davey Richards vs. Colt Cabana is on tap for the Chicago iPPV!
1.) The Bravado Brothers defeated Bobby Dempsey & Grizzly Redwood after a doubleteam crossbody schoolboy combination on Dempsey.
- Homicide is out claiming he never got his rematch after losing the ROH World title and is going to get his belt back in Chicago. Roderick Strong is out and says Homicide should apologize for ruining his celebration after winning the title back in September. Homicide apologizes for "not doing this sooner" and attacks him. The brawl continues until security mages to pull them apart.
2.) 2011 Top Prospect Tournament Semi-Finals: Kyle O'Reilly defeated Michael Elgin with a cradle after Elgin powered out of a triangle choke in a match that "must be seen."
- Corino at ringside again tonight for the prospects tournament. Corino puts over O'Reilly and says that O'Reilly is his pick for top prospect.
3.) 2011 Top Prospect Tournament Semi-Finals: Mike Bennett beat Andy "Right Leg" Ridge with the Side Effect. Ridge got in a lot of offense.
- Afterwards, Corino says that O'Reilly is still his top pick. Bennett interrupted and insisted that it will be him who wins the "Top Prodigy" Tournament.
4.) Pancrase Rules: Davey Richards defeated Tony Kozina via ref stoppage due to strikes.
5.) TV Main Event - Four Corner Survival: Jay Briscoe vs. Homicide vs. Roderick Strong vs. El Generico ended when Roderick Strong blind tagged El Generico after he hit the brainbuster on Jay, and snuck in for the pin.
6.) Rhett Titus defeated Adam Cole cleanly with what higham described as "his version of the jawjack"
7.) Colt Cabana beats Caleb Konley with the Billy Goat's Curse in a fun match.
8.) ROH World TV Title Match: Christopher Daniels defeated Kenny King with the Angel's Wings in a good match. Both shake hands post-match.
- Prince Nana comes to the ring with his princess Mia Yim, Ernesto Osiris, his attourney "Mr. Adams?", and his new project, "The Project" Tommaso Ciampa!
9.) Tommaso Ciampa destroys Mike Sydal after what was described as a powerbomb to his knees, which sounds like either a powerbomb/backbreaker or a powerbomb/back-cracker...either way sounds brutal
10.) 2011 Top Prospect Tournament Finals: Mike Bennett is your winner after countering a Kyle O'Reilly guillotine choke with the Side Effect
- After the match Bennett grabs the microphone and says that everyone knew he was going to win the tournament except for Steve Corino. There is some back and forth between Bennett and Corino. Bennett tells Steve Corino to stay out of his way. Corino tells Bennett that he will end up making the same mistakes that he did. Bennett chose not to heed Corino's advice and beat him up instead.
- Bobby Cruise thanked the fans in attendance and the HDNet crew on behalf of ROH.
11.) Six Man Tag Team Main Event: The Briscoe Brothers & Davey Richards defeated the team of Roderick Strong & The Kings of Wrestling w/ Shane Hagadorn, Sara Del Rey, and Truth Martini when Davey made Roderick Strong tap out to the Ankle Lock/Sharpshooter combo in a nearly 30 minute match that was described as "Holy ****! [...] incredible."
Back to VIP.wrestleview.com