Mac OS X 10.4 Help
Printing from Mac OS 9 applications
Mac OS 9 applications can use the same printers that Mac OS X applications can use, even if you do not have Mac OS 9 drivers for those printers.
You may still want to use a Mac OS 9 printer driver if it provides specific features that are not available with the Mac OS X driver. However, you may want to try the Mac OS X driver first to see if the feature is there.
- If you're using a Mac OS X printer, make sure you can print to that printer from a Mac OS X application. For more information, see the link below.
- In the Mac OS 9 application, open the document you want to print.
- Choose Apple menu > Chooser, and then select one of the following:
- To print to a Mac OS X printer, select LaserWriter 8.
- To print to a Mac OS 9 printer, select the type of printer you're using on the left, and then choose the printer you want to use.