• 293 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[1.7.3] BuildCraft 2.0.1 - (Pipes, Quarry, Auto Crafting, Building, Engines) Now engines available as beta

• Group: Members
  • Minecraft: spacetoad

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:47 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

BuildCraft is a new game mod aiming at allowing users to build advanced structures and mechanisms.

Minecraft by Mojang AB
Code by: SpaceToad
Pixels by: plashal

WARNING Minecraft 1.8 is going to be released soon. BuildCraft, as well as most MCP-based mods, is not likely to be updated to this version before a couple of weeks. Don't upgrade Minecraft if you want to carry on playing BuildCraft and others in the meantime!

INFO - IF YOU CAN'T ORIENT THE ENGINES or have any other problem, have a second look at the install instructions, and at the "Common Problems and Resolutions" section.

REPORTING PROBLEMS Read the "Common Problems and Resolutions" a few lines below. If nothing fixed your issue, follow the directions on how to report. Do not send me a pm with your problem - it will be systematically ignored. Again, do follow the instructions on how to report on "Common Problems and Resolutions". I will not answer to a single support request that doesn't follow that procedure.

WARNING BuildCraft 2.0.0 is released as beta. It contains additional code that will break dependency with other mods, and may be instable. For anything else than testing, you should use the stable release 1.7.7.4.

WARNING Minecraft Forge changed between BuildCraft 2.0.0 and 2.0.1. Make sure you get a clean Minecraft, and then update to Minecraft Forge > 1.0.1!

Here's a preview of MineCraft 2.1.0:

Some of you might have heard of the forge, here's a video from killerbeez showcasing the Forge helping to integrate Better Than Wolves, RedPower and BuildCraft, explaining why the Forge is useful to us:

Here's a few videos showing this last version. Other tutorials are available from the BuildCraft YouTube channel.

Posted Image

1.7.3.4 (stable) downloads:

Spoiler

2.0.1 (beta) downloads:

Spoiler

Bukkit:

Bukkit server binaries are ported by a separate team, available from http://www.minecraft...kkit-and-canary

Previous versions available on the BuildCraft wiki.

If you have some extra dollars, you can become a BuildCraft supporter and lobbyist!. You'll find under the spoiler button below areas of interest for the next major release. Things are likely to get in eventually, but if you want to, you can lobby for your area of interest. To do so, when you make a donation, send me an e-mail or a mp telling me which of the following you would like to vote for. I'll be sending preliminary results in the next few days. At the beginning of each release development cycle, I'll pick up the area that got the most donation into the highest priority. Don't hesitate to be specific about what you'd like to get in. There's no guarantee, but lobbyists wishes are the most likely to come true!

Spoiler

Posted Image

Documentation

Since things start to get complicated, official BuildCraft documentation has been written. It can be obtained in paper or pdf form, purchased from the lulu platform. This document contains deep details on how block work and can be used - a must to use BuildCraft to the top of its functionality!

The new documentation release is 2.0. It contains substantial changes in comparison to the 1.x series, introducing the contents of the Engine mod.

Posted Image

BuildCraft Servers

A BuildCraft + IndustrialCraft server can be found on:

Posted Image

More generally speaking, if you're looking to setup a server with BuildCraft, I recommend to checkout the Mossycoble Power packages:

Posted Image

Here's a list of mods providing a dedicated integration with BuildCraft:

Hawkye's Pumps
Eloraam's detector pipes
BlakMajik's extra BuildCraft pipes

And other mods using low level BuildCraft functionalities:

MoareAI's mods (Logical gates, digital functions)

Recent release notes:

Spoiler

All previous release notes can be found here.

Posted Image

Client

1. First, install ModLoader http://www.minecraft...s-mods-updates/
2. Then, install ModLoaderMP http://www.minecraft...-teams-mputils/
3. Starting BuildCraft 2.0.0, you will need to install Minecraft forge (currently depends on 1.0.1) http://www.minecraft...inecraft-forge/
4. Get the client packages of BuildCraft that you want to use (see above). Here's the dependency and content details:

Core: no dependencies, provides only basic functionalities.
Transport: Depends on Core, provides only pipes.
Factory: Depends on Core , provides automatic crafting table, mining well and quarry.
Builders: Depends on Core , provides land markers and filler.
Energy: Depends on Core , provides oil and engines.

You should then be familiar with the .minecraft folder containing the minecraft resources. In .minecraft/mods, drop the zip(s) file containing the part of the release that you want to install.

WARNING By default, the Energy mod is set to redstone power. In order to enable the engine powering machines, you will need to change a line in the BuildCraft config file:
power.framework=buildcraft.energy.PneumaticPowerFramework

Server

1. First, install ModLoaderMP Server http://www.minecraft...-teams-mputils/
2. Starting BuildCraft 2.0.0, you will need to install Minecraft forge http://www.minecraft...inecraft-forge/
3. Get the client packages of BuildCraft that you want to use (see above).
4. Extract the contents of these packages right into minecraft_server.jar

Posted Image

This lists recipes available for the mod. You can find additional information on the videos above. Also, some people have started to work on a wiki dedicated to BuildCraft. Feel free to read and contribute!

Pipes
Posted Image

Posted Image
Obsidian pipes, able to vacuum objects from the grounds, especially when powered.

Posted Image
Smooth stone pipes, keep item speed for longer.

Gears and Tools

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wrench, changes orientation of machines and pipes input / outputs.

Machines

Posted Image
Automatic Crafting Table - can be wired to pipes to make automatic crafting factories

Posted Image
Mining Well - mines one single column vertically

Posted Image
Quarry - digs a large hole on the ground

Builders

Posted Image
Land Mark - Used to define an area for quarries or fillers.

Posted Image
Filler - Fills an area on the ground according to a pattern (see below).

Posted Image
Template - used to record patterns of blocks to reproduce.

Posted Image
Template drawing table, writes templates.

Posted Image
Builder - uses a template to build an area.

Filler recipes

Posted Image
Fills the entire area.

Posted Image
Clears the entire area.

Posted Image
Flattens the entire area.

Posted Image
Creates walls around the area.

Posted Image
Creates a pyramid in the area.

Posted Image
Create stairs filling the area.

Energy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Frequently Asked Questions

Spoiler

Common Problems and Resolutions

Spoiler

Posted Image
Thank you all for your support & input. If you're able, post images of your quarry fields and BuildCraft creations; We'd love to see them!
notice: if you do not like the graphics, fine; make a new banner, make it dope; send it to me [via pm & dont forget the image link]; i'll post it up & its as simple as that.
How Do I Use?
1. cut the code under the banner you like. 2. paste code into the signature input field located in the 'User Control Panel' (top, left); and finaly, Thank you for supporting BuildCraft!
Uno.
Posted Image
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=311596][img]http://i.imgur.com/Iidrw.png[/img][/url] 

dos.
Posted Image
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=311596][img]http://i.imgur.com/w7nnh.png[/img][/url]

tres.
Posted Image
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=311596][img]http://i.imgur.com/PJEH1.png[/img][/url]

quarto.
Posted Image
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=311596][img]http://i.imgur.com/PWq8F.png[/img][/url]

Other Languages Documentation and Resources

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

• LucaJS
  • The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:49 PM

sound great
ill test it if pictures added and for 1.5.01 updated
Posted Image

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:32 PM

=)
Posted Image

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:57 PM

video is down
Posted Image

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:43 PM

Video updated - sorry for the delays. I had to fight with my video recorder and youtube for a while...
Posted Image

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:40 PM

How long the pipe can be? I see uses for it but would like to know how far the pipe system can transport an item.

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:45 PM

Lochlain said:

How long the pipe can be? I see uses for it but would like to know how far the pipe system can transport an item.

I didn't put any limit - thinking of adding a maximum lifetime to objects in the pipe as it's the case when they're on the ground, like a day or so, but that shouldn't be a hard limitation.

Let me know what you'd like to do - might influence future evolutions.
Posted Image

• Minecraft: CrazyErik

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:49 PM

Nice mod :)

I'm trying to post pictures on the thread but there seems to have been a limit reached and no attachment is allowed... Here's a first video:

I dont recommend using the forum's attachment option, I'ts better to upload them via a hoster, like imgur or imageshack (imgur.com, imageshack.com) :Notch:
Posted Image

• Minecraft: keatingn

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:50 PM

pretty cool mod i love it
Posted Image [SSSS]

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:06 PM

Was thinking about a pipeline from near the bedrock to my floating island ) about (100 blocks) so I do not have to run up and down for cobblestone which I need for building on surface. Also making a transportation net between mining bases and main storage (several hundreds of blocks)to call more tools when needed. Those are the first things that came to my mind. Was just wondering if items remain if the transit tube is very long and items get too far from me as loose blocks do seem to vanish if you travel too far from them.

Well, Will try it but without gold pipes (My world is quite sparse in regards of gold or I am just unlucky) the transit times could be rather long.

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

CrazyErik said:

I dont recommend using the forum's attachment option, I'ts better to upload them via a hoster, like imgur or imageshack (imgur.com, imageshack.com) :D

Works like a charm - thanks for the tip!
Posted Image

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:17 PM

Lochlain said:

Was thinking about a pipeline from near the bedrock to my floating island ) about (100 blocks) so I do not have to run up and down for cobblestone which I need for building on surface. Also making a transportation net between mining bases and main storage (several hundreds of blocks)to call more tools when needed. Those are the first things that came to my mind. Was just wondering if items remain if the transit tube is very long and items get too far from me as loose blocks do seem to vanish if you travel too far from them.

That should work just fine. Don't forget to save your world before trying this out though - it's still a first release and you never know...

Well, Will try it but without gold pipes (My world is quite sparse in regards of gold or I am just unlucky) the transit times could be rather long.

Understood - will keep that in mind. Let me know how much time it takes when you try it out!
Posted Image

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

This mod is amazing, great work!

I did notice a bug though: Pine or Birch saplings that move through the pipes all become regular saplings, and any tools that enter the pipes get completely repaired. Seems like some extra item data doesn't get passed along through the pipes.

Will it be possible for pipes to 'suck up' items that are lying on the floor in future versions, perhaps with a special block? It would be great to have a pipe system that collects and sorts the drops from your mob grinders and traps.

• Minecraft: jdhorrigan

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:41 PM

Cool mod, this will be useful for moving resources from one house to the other.
Minecraft demo, now there is NO excuse to pirate it!
http://www.pcgamer.c...minecraft-demo/

• Minecraft: CrazyErik

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:07 PM

May I ask what machine_front.png, machine_side and mining_machine_top.png are for? A future update for a 3-texture-parted auto-miner? (Like pumpkin: 1 texture for the bottom, 1 for the top and 1 for all 4 sides)
Posted Image

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

Mining wells (when activated) and mining pipes (when placed) crash my game.
Is this some odd interaction with the other mods I'm using or is this feature still WIP?
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:12 PM

Rhodan said:

This mod is amazing, great work!

I did notice a bug though: Pine or Birch saplings that move through the pipes all become regular saplings, and any tools that enter the pipes get completely repaired. Seems like some extra item data doesn't get passed along through the pipes..

Interesting. I kinda see where this is coming from, thanks for the report! I'm opening a ticket on this and will fix in the next release.

Will it be possible for pipes to 'suck up' items that are lying on the floor in future versions, perhaps with a special block? It would be great to have a pipe system that collects and sorts the drops from your mob grinders and traps.

Some kind of a vacuum pipe? Sounds interesting - keeping that in mind! Definitely technically feasible.
Posted Image

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

CrazyErik said:

May I ask what machine_front.png, machine_side and mining_machine_top.png are for? A future update for a 3-texture-parted auto-miner? (Like pumpkin: 1 texture for the bottom, 1 for the top and 1 for all 4 sides)

Right on the spot :-) I still have to work out some specifics there.
Posted Image

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

mostlikely said:

Mining wells (when activated) and mining pipes (when placed) crash my game.
Is this some odd interaction with the other mods I'm using or is this feature still WIP?

Potentially - but it's difficult to say without a backtrace. Could you launch the game from the command line, and see what it yells? I may have stabilities issues on my end.

Is it on a brand new world or an existing one? Does it work fine on a new world?
Posted Image

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

amazing what else are you going add?
"Its the one that says "Bad Mother F**ker""-Pulp Fiction
Posted Image

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 293 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic