- Text Only
City of Huntsville, AL
 Mayor Tommy Battle  |Employment  |Departments  |I Want To...  |City Government  |For Residents  |For Visitors

City-wide Community Events

Community Events

Concerts in the Park
Are you interested in performing at Concerts in the Park? Those interested in applying for Concerts in the Park, must complete an application and send an audio or video tape, CD, or DVD of a recent performance of your group. The tape should be labeled with the date and location of the performance and include at least three songs. Please send completed Concerts in the Park applications to:
The Arts Council
700 Monroe Street, Suite 2
Huntsville, AL 35801

Applications are due by close of business on April 1, 2011. Selection notification will be mailed by April 15, 2011. For questions or more information, please contact Joanna Broad at 256-519-2787, ext. 205.

Special Event Application - CLICK HERE

The Community Events division of the Recreation Department both coordinates and provides support for a wide range of recreational activities for people of all ages.

The summer sizzles with activities beginning with the Wally Vess Youth Fishing Rodeo - 2011 Information. On the first Saturday in June parents can spend quality time with their children as they fish to catch the big one. Beginning the first Monday in June, kicks off the Concerts in the Park series with live music for the entire family in Big Spring Park ( Big Spring Jam Parking - Video) for 14 weeks during the summer.

The Community Events division also provides much needed support to many local special interest organizations. They assist the Rocket City Marathon, Cotton Row Run, Veterans Day Parade, community block parties, and many other local events by providing equipment set-ups which helps to make these events more successful. Community Events is also responsible for scheduling the Jaycee Community Building. This is a 12,000 sq. ft. facility that is available year round to host trade shows, charitable fundraisers, class reunions, and a wide range of other private or public gatherings. Community Events also oversees the Trey Wilbourn Flying Field, and the Cross Country Running Park.

If you would like information on scheduling the Jaycee Community Building, please contact Tammy Waddle at jaybui.prog@huntsvilleal.gov or 883-3728.

For more information about renting the fairgrounds or if you are planning an event and would like to know more about the City's requirements contact Mrs. Lou Hovatter at lou.hovatter@huntsvilleal.gov or 883-3708. Facility Use Application for Jaycee Community Building/Fairgrounds. Please print the application, it should be submitted a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the requested usage to allow time for processing.

Employment with City of Huntsville Moving to Huntsville? Mayor Tommy Battle
Huntsville eGOV
Huntsville's Online - Forms/Applications
Online Auction - GovDeals
Alabama's Paperless Filing - Pay Taxes
Inspection Requests - Details
Municipal Court - Pay tickets online
Huntsville Police Records - Search
Portable Storage (PSS) - Permits
Search City Laws - Online Database

Hunstville Facebook HunstvilleCity Twitter Huntsville YouTube
HSV1 - City of Huntsville ADA Compliance
Quick Search: Word / Phrase

HuntsvilleAL.gov or WWW via Google
Top Alabama Local Government Websites

ADA :: Publications/Documents :: City Council Agendas/Documents :: HSV1 / Video on Demand :: About the Logo :: Moving to Huntsville?
© Copyright All Rights Reserved | City of Huntsville, Alabama | Privacy Policy | Site Map | COH Employee Login | COH Intranet