Posted Oct. 30, 2011, 10:51 a.m. EST (1 day ago) by agnosticnixie (Laval, QC)
So, we've been reviewing moderation policies and I figure this might as well be posted clearly.
The following will not be tolerated:
- Bigotry; this is a wide subject, and gratuitous use of sexist, racist, homophobic, ableist, etc insults also falls under this subject. Posts will be moderated, repeat offenders will be considered for bans.
- Violent threats, again, same principle.
- Conspiracy theories, including any attempt to spam material by David Icke, Lyndon LaRouche, David Duke or Alex Jones, will be removed immediately and the spammer will be immediately banned.
- Fascist propaganda (including any attempt to spam these four people again), will be treated with the similar actions. In that we are very specific about what fascism is: the word has a meaning.
- No content post, off topic posts, etc, will be moderated and removed. Repeat posting of the same off topic posts and spamming of links that have nothing to do with the subject at hand (case in point the Dylan bullshit) will be banned outright. Similarly posters who constantly post off-topic nonsense are straddling the line very close to a ban.
- We do not support an election campaign for 2012. At all. We have removed election material for Obama, Paul, Warren, Paul, Cain, Paul, Perry, Paul, the green party, Paul, Nader, Paul, and did I mention Paul? The spamming by the Ron Lawl 2012 fan club was getting out of hand. We will continue to remove such material and any call for the Paul 2012 campaign will, at this point, be considered spamming. End of. We're tired of hearing about it. Main street debates are also largely off topic.
- Red baiting will be moderated, as this is not 1952 and we are able to debate ideas without insulting anyone even slightly to the left as though they were Stalin reborn.
- Trolling will be squashed whenever possible/reported/found out.
- Posting people's personal information on the website is prohibited.
- The continuous spamming of lies from various sources (like the non story about turning away the homeless, which was, as mentioned, a lie, or the mythical 500,000$, which a) doesn't exist, as our donate page can attest, and b) the 300,000$ account is being used constantly to pay for food, equipment, etc. (already on top of helping other occupations with more difficulty fundraising) will fall under spamming.
Any abuse should be emailed to email@example.com