[EVA] Protoculture Addicts 63 and .... Animefantastique

Brendan Jamieson bjamieson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 16:41:40 EDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> This was debated on the EML back when. (I remember because I've gone
> through 2-3 years over the last month or two.) Bochan_bird was very
> specific: he contacted Gainax and got a fax back from Gainax which
> said they had nothing to do with ADV's translation. I tend to believe
> Bochan_bird since he is very rarely wrong*, and Gainax's lack of
> involvement is consistent with two points:

I'll confirm this. Bochan and I originally started talking
specifically out of his interest in if there had been and "official"
translation of the TV series/movies after I complained about certain
liberties taken with original ADV dub script back on a Yahoo! group.
He in turn contacted Gainax and, iirc, at one point mailed me a copy
of the letter from Gainax that stated there was no interest in foreign
translations and that once the rights were licensed they had no real
involvement.

Brendan