Welcome to Canada in the Making project! This site is about the history of Canada through the words of the men and women who shaped the nation. Built around the Government Documents collection of the Early Canadiana Online collection, it integrates narrative text with links to primary source texts.
This site is has been designed for students and teachers of Canadian studies, history and law, but will also be useful to researchers and anyone else interested in Canada's past. It includes:
- Thematic narratives including:
- Canada's Constitutional History
- Aboriginals: Treaties and Relations
- Pioneers and Immigrants
- Thematic narratives covering Canada's constitutional history
- Expanded texts on key events and issues
- Links to over 300 digitized documents to illustrate key points
- Summaries of over 250 key historical documents
- More than 175 historical images and maps
- 25 lesson plans and ideas for educators
- Links to reliable sources of historical information on the Internet
All historical content on this Web site has been reviewed and approved by chief historical consultant, Dr. Jean-Claude Robert. Dr. Robert is a distinguished professor of history at the University of Québec in Montreal (UQAM).
Early Canadiana Online is the online database of digitized early Canadian texts owned and maintained by Canadiana.org.
Copyright � Canadiana.org 2001-2005