Personal Development for Smart People Forums

Personal Development for Smart PeopleTM Forums

Go Back   Personal Development for Smart People Forums > Steve & Erin Pavlina > Steve Pavlina

Notices

Steve Pavlina Discuss ideas, articles, and podcasts from StevePavlina.com. New threads are automatically generated for Steve's latest blog posts.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Andreas will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Gift to Steve & You All (TLP Wallpaper)

Hello everyone!

I hope you're all doing well, progressing and growing daily.

So today I'd like to share with you a little something I made for Steve, Erin, and all of you. Let's call it October-mas. I guess Steve just got back from his 23-day trip, so now's the perfect time to share this, I suppose.

I'm sure most of you are familiar with Steve's Truth+Love+Power pyramid. And ever since I wrote my review of PDSP, in the back of my mind I thought that the pyramid symbol ought to leverage depth and color a bit more. But I didn't think I'd be the one to do it.

Until inspiration struck me.

In my free time, I refined and revised a new pyramid graphic that, beyond being a useful visual aid, turns out to work quite well as a desktop wallpaper, as well. And I'm really excited to share it with you today!

Here's a thumbnail of it:

I wrote an article all about it called Personal Growth expressed in Geometry!, and that article links to big versions you can use as desktop wallpapers. (In fact, I made a size that fits a 30" display.)

I hope you all find it useful.

namaste,
Andreas

Last edited by Andreas; 10-14-2010 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Revised links
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

James81 has a reputation beyond reputeJames81 has a reputation beyond reputeJames81 has a reputation beyond reputeJames81 has a reputation beyond reputeJames81 has a reputation beyond reputeJames81 has a reputation beyond reputeJames81 has a reputation beyond reputeJames81 has a reputation beyond reputeJames81 has a reputation beyond reputeJames81 has a reputation beyond reputeJames81 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, Andreas. This is very sweet of you to offer to us.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Family Member

SatvikBeri is a splendid one to beholdSatvikBeri is a splendid one to beholdSatvikBeri is a splendid one to beholdSatvikBeri is a splendid one to beholdSatvikBeri is a splendid one to beholdSatvikBeri is a splendid one to behold

I like it a lot. I just made it my wallpaper
Old 10-15-2010, 05:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Slave Member

Rachelle has a spectacular aura aboutRachelle has a spectacular aura aboutRachelle has a spectacular aura about

I like it, Andreas!

It's very similar to an idea I had as well

I'm wondering if you might be able to help me express that idea, since I'm not very skilled in Photoshop and such.

Can you PM me? I'll tell you about the idea/details.

p.s. Essentially, it has to do with the assignment of colors to the different principles.
I had come up with the same concept earlier this year in the spring, but assigned slightly different colors to the different principles.

I had started to write a blog post about this back in spring, too, but never finished it.

I'd love it if you, or someone else skilled in Photoshop, could help me create something similar, but with different colors assigned to different principles.

Last edited by Rachelle; 10-15-2010 at 05:36 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Family Member

cacheborn is shining brightlycacheborn is shining brightlycacheborn is shining brightlycacheborn is shining brightlycacheborn is shining brightlycacheborn is shining brightlycacheborn is shining brightlycacheborn is shining brightlycacheborn is shining brightlycacheborn is shining brightlycacheborn is shining brightly

Very cool, Andreas. Thanks for the gift.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Daffy Duck will become famous soon enoughDaffy Duck will become famous soon enough

That looks very nice. Good job!
Old 10-15-2010, 05:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Family Member

roxyruby is a splendid one to beholdroxyruby is a splendid one to beholdroxyruby is a splendid one to beholdroxyruby is a splendid one to beholdroxyruby is a splendid one to beholdroxyruby is a splendid one to beholdroxyruby is a splendid one to beholdroxyruby is a splendid one to behold

what a good idea! The words may subconsiously effect you and improve you...
Old 10-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Family Member

Andrew Brunelle is a splendid one to beholdAndrew Brunelle is a splendid one to beholdAndrew Brunelle is a splendid one to beholdAndrew Brunelle is a splendid one to beholdAndrew Brunelle is a splendid one to beholdAndrew Brunelle is a splendid one to beholdAndrew Brunelle is a splendid one to behold

Neat. I've been looking for some new wallpaper. Too bad I hardly ever see my computer's wallpaper. There's always a web browser filling up the screen.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks for the feedback Daffy, Rachelle, Cacheborn, SatvikBeri, James, Andrew, and Roxy! It means a lot to me.

And I really enjoyed creating it! Is there anything I could do to improve it? (I noticed that the version without text is getting more downloads than the one with text, so perhaps smaller text since it's such a big desktop image?)

And those of you who read Rachelle's blog may be seeing it again soon...
Old 12-19-2010, 06:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

Oh yeah, and I wanted to thank the few people who gave me forum reputation points for this. Does that factor into anything? Can I see other users rep points? Anyway, that was an unexpected and very kind gesture. Thank you
Old 12-20-2010, 09:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

Skelly is on a distinguished road

oh I found this rather beautiful thing now and was going to install it right way on my vista laptop. But seems Vista doesn't like .png as wallpaper won't let me choose it.

Oh well, will put it on my iMac. And then change it into a jpg for silly vista.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Family Member

Location: Nationality: British Soul: Otherworldly Current Location: Barcelona, Spain
Andrew Gubb has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Gubb has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Gubb has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Gubb has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Gubb has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Gubb has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Gubb has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Gubb has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Gubb has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Gubb has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Gubb has a reputation beyond repute

Cool stuff, I think i'd use it if I had a proper computer. I'm still running linpus linux, too lazy to change it XD

I was going to say, don't you think green for love and red for power would be a more intuitive choice?
Old 12-23-2010, 07:56 AM   #13 (permalink)

Skelly,

Vista won't let you use a PNG file? That's kind of weird considering PNG has been around for like 10 years now, and works fine in IE8, etc. But hey, that's Vista, I suppose.

I'm curious, does anyone here have Windows 7? I'm curious if that can handle PNGs. This is the first wallpaper I've exported as a PNG because it had a delicate gradient that JPEG wasn't kind to...

Anyway, I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Skelly! Oh how I love the web... makes it so easy for me to share this with you all!

Andrew,

Why can't you change the wallpaper? Does the basic version of linux not have that ability?

As far as color goes, I always considered Red as being connected to the heart/love. I suppose you could justify and color as any principle through some logic, but I went with what felt intuitively right to me.

I'm thinking of making the black background a bit more dynamic though. Perhaps just a subtle texture faintly coming through the black to make it more interesting.

Would anyone be interested in that? (Yes, I am rather obsessive about tweaking things.)
Old 12-23-2010, 04:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

ssandra is an amazing contributorssandra is an amazing contributorssandra is an amazing contributorssandra is an amazing contributorssandra is an amazing contributorssandra is an amazing contributorssandra is an amazing contributorssandra is an amazing contributorssandra is an amazing contributorssandra is an amazing contributorssandra is an amazing contributor

I have this one on my Black Berry! And I'm LOVING it!! Thank you!
Old 12-24-2010, 03:05 AM   #15 (permalink)

Aryeh Enoch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
Skelly,

Vista won't let you use a PNG file? That's kind of weird considering PNG has been around for like 10 years now, and works fine in IE8, etc. But hey, that's Vista, I suppose.

I'm curious, does anyone here have Windows 7? I'm curious if that can handle PNGs. This is the first wallpaper I've exported as a PNG because it had a delicate gradient that JPEG wasn't kind to...

Anyway, I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Skelly! Oh how I love the web... makes it so easy for me to share this with you all!

Andrew,

Why can't you change the wallpaper? Does the basic version of linux not have that ability?

As far as color goes, I always considered Red as being connected to the heart/love. I suppose you could justify and color as any principle through some logic, but I went with what felt intuitively right to me.

I'm thinking of making the black background a bit more dynamic though. Perhaps just a subtle texture faintly coming through the black to make it more interesting.

Would anyone be interested in that? (Yes, I am rather obsessive about tweaking things.)
Computers running the Vista and 7 should be able to handle the .png format just fine.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Family Member

Location: Nationality: British Soul: Otherworldly Current Location: Barcelona, Spain
Andrew Gubb has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Gubb has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Gubb has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Gubb has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Gubb has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Gubb has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Gubb has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Gubb has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Gubb has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Gubb has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Gubb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post

Andrew,

Hey,

Linpus linux is an ultra-simplified version of linux for people who don't want to learn how to use a computer. You can't do anything on it - much less change the wallpaper.

I see your logic now for the colour. For me green would be love because it suggests harmony and is also related to the heart chakra in spirituality. Red is associated with the base chakra which is more to do with power than the heart (though the power chakra itself is technically yellow) and makes you think of blood, fire, passion, etc.