pelifemc

Rank 0
pelifemc
PostedJan 13, 2012 9:32 am

very important warning

very important warning
staff would like to warn that many good players are switching to other games by accusing the high prices of the game is ridiculously high price of everything would be good than below, the game is slowly dying because of it, is difficult to find any party thing, thanks.
Advertisement

sonicsa3

Rank 4
sonicsa3
PostedJan 13, 2012 9:49 am
Well people are quitting for three reasons:

1)Small population split across THREE servers.
2)Explosive inflation related to MO limit set too high, small number of capped players, lack of gold sinks, and number 1.
3)Slow updates...

One and two are fixed by utilizing normal server life cycle protocols in conjunction with user feedback based gold sinks. Further TW patches need to be applied AS IS. Tampering with important economy healing patches such as level limits, stealth fix, MO limits...killed our economy.

Three...well...if the other two are fixed, three is acceptable.

DarkBladesman

Rank 3
DarkBladesman
PostedJan 13, 2012 12:28 pm
While Aeria is partially responsible, we did provide inaccurate feedback that drove and continues to fuel their incorrect changes. The majority of players will complain no matter what the situation is, but it seems like Aeria listens to the... I don't want to say wrong, but the "less educated" portion of the playerbase.

Aeria has literally nothing to lose by keeping these players happy even though they are implementing bad decisions. If their game survives, they pacify complaints by the boisterous. If their game dies, they have many others.

To help Aeria, we can come together as a community and agree upon changes that are good even though some of us believe they are bad (or perhaps not in our own interests, like the new caps and the stealth nerf). More of us need to learn how to apply the sociological perspective.

Thank you Aiirza & Lady Mimi for the beautiful signatures.

ChristianGJ

Rank 3
ChristianGJ
PostedJan 13, 2012 2:12 pm
MO limits being at 20 doesn't really seem like a big deal to me. I will agree that it should probably be dropped down to 10, but still, it's not that big of an issue. Because of the way the game is designed, and the way Aeria puts consumables into the market, everyones natural tendency is to SAVE. So the supply on consumables is stupid low for the rest of us casual players.

A good solution/idea was the "NT Clay AP buyer reward" proposed by SapphireMiku, but I didn't see that post get much attention.

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1439193&start=50#row8

wiwin11

Rank 1
PostedJan 13, 2012 2:58 pm
I have observed the most rapid increase in price of items that come from AP in these two months. To make it worse, the in game source of income does not scale accordingly; before 4 runs of PT are enough to buy xtal chisel, we need about 16 runs of PT nowadays. I think the PM needs to be more charitable with mclay rates, as to put more quantity of useful items and not just costume with affordable rates.

There are more and more players quitting due to the inflation, and new players can't keep up as well.

To quote my friend : GF is becoming P2W type of MMO.

sonicsa3

Rank 4
sonicsa3
PostedJan 13, 2012 3:24 pm
The reason for those sky rocketing prices is threefold.

1)Scarcity brought on by poor clay charts.
2)Scarcity brought on by hoarding encouraged by poor clay charts.
3)The big one ~ People who run out the full MO limits. They flood the game with gold and quickly devestate the economy. Because of this your buying power is worthless unless you too run the full limits.

If the MO limit was 4... you would have the SAME buying power as running 20 times with the exception that it takes a fifth of the time. Of course its far too late for that. Explosive inflation as a result of a near endless gold pool is the result.

The fix:

Merge all 3 servers, set MO limit to 4 per dungeon, add a gold sink, improve clay consumable ratio.

The result of the above:

Bodor before FT prices with an 80% reduction in gold value growth.

poloboiz123

Rank 2
poloboiz123
PostedJan 13, 2012 4:06 pm
The ideal thing for aeria to do is make an EFFECTIVE gold sink next, then lower the MO limits to about 10. Doing those two things alone would be a good step forward in saving this game. The next things to worry about in the future is putting a better quantity of items needed back in the game and as ajani said, merge the 3 servers.

iBambi

Rank 3
iBambi
PostedJan 13, 2012 4:11 pm
Gaia is dying. Merge Gaia and Bodor, leave Quill out for now.

Quill is a nice server for new players, merging it with Bodor and Gaia would ruin the game for a lot of new players. >:

Jahbs

GameSage: Grand Fantasia
Jahbs
PostedJan 13, 2012 7:08 pm
as ajani said poor clay charts with poorer rates leading to item scarcity is main reason for fail prices.

The claim of item hoarding is funny. the reasons people hoard items is due to the scarcity of them as they are scarce, people will keep for future as they know they are slowly released into game and the high chance of prices rising due to that reason

Lack of gold sinks
MO limit lowered

caersedx

Rank 2
PostedJan 13, 2012 7:34 pm   Last edited by caersedx on Jan 13, 2012 8:59 pm. Edited 2 times in total
I couldn't agree more with posts above.