+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member Online status: TheREALify is offline Reputation: TheREALify the Undefeated TheREALify the Undefeated TheREALify the Undefeated TheREALify the Undefeated TheREALify the Undefeated TheREALify the Undefeated TheREALify the Undefeated TheREALify the Undefeated TheREALify the Undefeated TheREALify the Undefeated TheREALify the Undefeated

Haunted Burrow Map - *SPOILER*

*SPOILER WARNING*

I have prepared a map of the Haunted Burrow which I'd like to offer to anyone who may be interested in such a thing. The Haunted Burrow is possibly the most interesting (and fun) festival event we've seen thus far. And while I encourage everyone to explore the space on their own I know there are those who will benefit greatly by having a map to study.

This drawing was prepared with rudimentary survey techniques and details the locations of walls within the space, connections between areas and locations of items within those areas. Apart from that, the map gives no indication of what to do, or where to go first - you'll have to work all that out yourself.

I'm providing links instead of images here to prevent the undue spoilage of surprises. This way, you'll have to click a link if you want the map. I'm providing the map in PNG format in 2 resolutions as well as PDF file suitable for printing (the suggested course of action). So, for the cartographically challenged, I present, The Haunted Burrow Survey:

The Haunted Burrow Sm v1.1.PNG (1600x1236) {for viewing}
    The Haunted Burrow Lg v1.1.PNG (6600x5100) {for printing}
    The Haunted Burrow v1.1.PDF (4000 DPI) {for anything}

Note: If you print the PDF on 8.5" x 11" paper it should come out to scale (or very near to it).

Note: Also, if the map looks fuzzy - zoom in. There's plenty of resolution in these images (excepting the first one).
    Last edited by TheREALify; Oct 31 2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Updated map - Modified all links
    Need maps for the Haunted Burrow? Haunted Burrow Map Thread
    Do you need help installing plugins? Let the LotR:O Plugin Assistant install them for you!
    Interested in LotR:O Coordinate Systems? Check out Coordinate Systems in the Lorebook.

Fernando Paiz discusses the future of LotR:O in this podcast. <--- All should listen.

Senior Member Online status: Nardian is offline Reputation: Nardian the Wary Nardian the Wary Nardian the Wary Nardian the Wary

Re: Haunted Burrow Map - *SPOILER*

AWESOME!
    +rep

"He knows not to what end he rides; yet if he knew, he would still go on."

Senior Member Online status: cipher_nemo is offline Reputation: cipher_nemo the Neophyte cipher_nemo the Neophyte cipher_nemo the Neophyte cipher_nemo the Neophyte cipher_nemo the Neophyte cipher_nemo the Neophyte cipher_nemo the Neophyte
    6 Long Street, Bree-land Homesteads, Landroval, open to all

Excellent job! Thank you very much for making this and sharing it, especially at high resolutions. +rep

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
    Crimson Vanguard successor on Landroval .............................. ..........
    ├──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┤
    Cipheron: .60 Lore-master, SM Historian . Ciphel: ......21 Minstrel, Explorer ...
    Ciphariel: 53 Champion, SM Explorer ..... Ciphoin: .....21 Runekeeper, Historian
    Ciph: .....44 Captain, Woodsman ......... Extrabank: ...02 (mule) ...............
    Ciphorin: .24 Guardian, Armourer ........ Extrastorage: 02 (mule) ...............
    Ciphara: ..23 Burglar, SM Tinker .............................. .................
    ..................................................................................
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    └──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

Junior Member Online status: rhondalicious is offline Reputation: rhondalicious the Neutral

Awesome! I had started doing this with graph paper and a pencil, your map is much prettier than mine!

Counter of Stairs Online status: Rawlor is offline Reputation: Rawlor the Neophyte Rawlor the Neophyte Rawlor the Neophyte Rawlor the Neophyte Rawlor the Neophyte Rawlor the Neophyte Rawlor the Neophyte Rawlor the Neophyte

Wow, good job.

Though I won't actually be looking at it until I run this myself a few times. I like surprises
    Galidin - Captain \\ Alderid - Champ \\ Durglar the Burglar \\ Rawlor - Hunter
    Defenders of the Lost Light - Brandywine

Senior Member Online status: TheREALify is offline Reputation: TheREALify the Undefeated TheREALify the Undefeated TheREALify the Undefeated TheREALify the Undefeated TheREALify the Undefeated TheREALify the Undefeated TheREALify the Undefeated TheREALify the Undefeated TheREALify the Undefeated TheREALify the Undefeated TheREALify the Undefeated

Thank you all for your most kind and supportive comments! I'm very glad you like the map and hope it serves you well during the festival!

Quote Originally Posted by Nardian View Post
    AWESOME!
    +rep
    Thank you very much Nardian! Plus rep is always appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
    Excellent job! Thank you very much for making this and sharing it, especially at high resolutions. +rep
    Thank you as well Cipher_nemo! I'm glad I went ahead and pushed the resolutions up now. I didn't know if anyone would find that useful but I'm very glad you did. It should make it easier to print and still be able to read everything.

Quote Originally Posted by rhondalicious View Post
    Awesome! I had started doing this with graph paper and a pencil, your map is much prettier than mine!
    Thank you also, Rhondalicious! I started in the same place - with graph paper and a mechanical pencil. And trust me, if it wasn't for the drafting software my map wouldn't have been pretty at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Rawlor View Post
    Wow, good job.

Though I won't actually be looking at it until I run this myself a few times. I like surprises
    Thank you too, Rawlor! I totally understand...that's why I posted links to images and not just images. I like making maps, but I don't like spoiling surprises! And it wouldn't surprise me a bit if, after a few runs, you find you don't need a map at all.
    Need maps for the Haunted Burrow? Haunted Burrow Map Thread
    Do you need help installing plugins? Let the LotR:O Plugin Assistant install them for you!
    Interested in LotR:O Coordinate Systems? Check out Coordinate Systems in the Lorebook.

Fernando Paiz discusses the future of LotR:O in this podcast. <--- All should listen.

Senior Member Online status: Sthrax is offline Reputation: Sthrax the Neophyte Sthrax the Neophyte Sthrax the Neophyte Sthrax the Neophyte Sthrax the Neophyte Sthrax the Neophyte

Very nice work!

A minor quible (and mild spoiler)-

you can get Bilbo's wine in places other than the ones you show.

Nonetheless, +1 rep for you.

Senior Member Online status: Skigorn is offline Reputation: Skigorn the Bounders-friend Skigorn the Bounders-friend Skigorn the Bounders-friend Skigorn the Bounders-friend Skigorn the Bounders-friend Skigorn the Bounders-friend Skigorn the Bounders-friend Skigorn the Bounders-friend Skigorn the Bounders-friend

Awesome, some rep4u!

Senior Member Online status: Dinara is offline Reputation: Dinara has disabled reputation

Great job! Thanks for all your hard work!

Senior Member Online status: thimbledoor is offline Reputation: thimbledoor the Neutral

nice... I'll definitely check the cellar out tonight.
    Landroval
    Helios / Thimbledor / Bubo / Mystryll / Sneadric / Obsidianna / Lyndee / Liellew
    x58 / core i7 920 @ 3.8 / GTX470 SLI / 6gb ddr3 / X-FI / 100G Patriot Inferno SSD / 5760x1080 surround / Win 7-64

Senior Member Online status: Madduck is offline Reputation: Madduck the Neophyte Madduck the Neophyte Madduck the Neophyte Madduck the Neophyte Madduck the Neophyte Madduck the Neophyte

Rep added,

Always love to see people putting in the yards for the community.

I've downloaded the pdf, but wont use it until I'm done .. I just love the work that has gone into this festival..

here's to hoping that the Devs can put this much work into the next raid cluster, and make it as much fun
    Doktaduck -Gwaith i Har-. Elendilmir
    Playing Rift atm. Come and try it , 7 days fee - http://t.co/bfOQv5I

Senior Member Online status: Kaarnyj is offline Reputation: Kaarnyj the Wary Kaarnyj the Wary Kaarnyj the Wary

As a (VERY) directionally challenged person - I thank you for this (Finding the poor scared hobbits today took me 45 minutes ) At the rate I'm going, I *might* get in a speed run on the day the festival closes!!!

Member Online status: Boia is offline Reputation: Boia the Neutral

Nice map, thanks!
    Mikael - Hunter Darr - Guardian Retlif - Minstrel Zboro - Burglar

Senior Member Online status: Saelyth is offline Reputation: Saelyth the Neophyte Saelyth the Neophyte Saelyth the Neophyte Saelyth the Neophyte Saelyth the Neophyte Saelyth the Neophyte Saelyth the Neophyte

my map it is in my mind, but we can do the quests again in 9 hours so... thanks for that man ^^ i don't have too much memory

Junior Member Online status: Raklain is offline Reputation: Raklain the Neutral

Really impressive and clear design, thank you
    "Hunting? I'm hunting... for a fresh pint!" - Townperson, Bree-town Hunting Lodge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast