PhD candidate (Mechanical Engineering)
Minor: Computer Science, Solid Mechanics
I am a PhD candidate at the University of California, Berkeley majoring in Mechanical Engineering.
My advisor is Prof. Sara McMains.
My resume is here.
In addition to research activity, please refer to course projects (and my youtube page) to grasp my background. Please do not hesitate to contact me by e-mail if you are interested.
AREAS OF INTEREST:
CAD, CAM, Computer Graphics, Solid Modeling, Computational Geometry, GPU computing, Physical Simulation, Finite Element Analysis
- PhD Candidate, Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
(08/2006 - )
- BA (Computer Science), Environment and Information Studies, Keio University, Japan (04/2000 - 03/2004)
- Graduate Student Instructor (CS184: Foundations of Computer Graphics), UC Berkeley (08/2011 - )
- Graduate Student Researcher, UC Berkeley (08/2006 - )
- Development Engineer, Kaleyedoscope, Inc. (07/2010 - 09/2010)
- Research Assistant, RIKEN, Japan (04/2006 - 07/2006)
- R&D; Engineer, ASTOM R&D;, Japan (04/2004 - 03/2005)
- Yusuke Yasui and Sara McMains, "Testing a Rotation Axis to Drain a 3D Workpiece," Computer-Aided Design: 2010. [PDF]
- Nancy Diaz, Seungchoun Choi, Moneer Helu, Yifen Chen, Stephen Jayanathan, Yusuke Yasui, Daeyoung Kong, Sushrut Pavanaskar, and David Dornfeld, "Machine Tool Design and Operation Strategies for Green Manufacturing", Proceedings of the 4th CIRP International Conference on High Performance Cutting, Gifu, Japan, Octo. 24-26, 2010.
Yusuke Yasui and Sara McMains, "Testing an Axis of Rotation for Workpiece Draining," SPM '09: 2009 SIAM/ACM Joint Conference on Geometric and Physical Modeling. [PDF]
Diego Arbelaez, Miguel C. Avila, Adarsh Krishnamurthy, Wei Li, Yusuke Yasui, David Dornfeld, and Sara McMains, "Cleanability of Mechanical Components," (September 1, 2008). Laboratory for Manufacturing and Sustainability. Consortium on Deburring and Edge Finishing.
Yusuke Yasui and Takashi Kanai "Surface quality assessment of subdivision surfaces on programmable graphics hardware," Proc. International Conference on Shape Modeling and Applications 2004 (Genova, Italy, 7-9 June 2004), IEEE CS Press, pp. 129 - 136.[PDF]
Takashi Kanai, and Yusuke Yasui. "Per-Pixel Evaluation of Parametric Surfaces on GPU," ACM Workshop on General Purpose Computing Using Graphics Processors (Los Angeles, CA, U.S.A., 7-8 August 2004), C-22, 2004.
CAD, Computer Graphics:
- CS283: Advanced Computer Graphics Algorithms and Techniques [Projects]
- CS284: Computer-Aided Geometric Design and Modeling [Project]
- CS274: Computational Geometry
- ME290D: Solid Modeling
- ME290R: General Purpose Computations on the GPU
- ME281: Methods of Tensor Calculus and Differential Geometry
- ME280B: Finite Element Methods in Nonlinear Continua
- ME280A: Introduction to the Finite Element Method
- ME185: Introduction to Continuum Mechanics
Other Computer Science Courses:
- ME220: Precision Manufacturing
- E290C: Sustainable Manufacturing
- ME222B: Metal Cutting
- ME122: Processing of Materials in Manufacturing
- CS270: Combinatorial Algorithms and Data Structures [Project]
- CS149: Introduction to Embedded Systems