- Also On
- LikesSee All
- State Department- Bureau of International Security and NonproliferationGovernment Organization
- Day 2 of our Cuban Missile Crisis film fest!
Red Dawn (1984). During nuclear war with the USSR, Cuba, and Nicaragua, US high school students resist Soviet invaders in CO. #cmcfilmfest
Starring Patrick Swayze, C. Thomas Howell, and Lea Johnson.
- Remembering the Cuban Missile Crisis, 50 years later:
Introducing the Cuban Missile Crisis film fest! We're counting down each day of the crisis with a phenomenal nuclear-related film.
First up: Thirteen Days (2000). JFK and his cabinet desperately try to contain the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962. #cmcfilmfest
- Q: What's a great way to stem the production of nuclear weapons?
A: End the production of weapons-grade fissionable material.
Introducing an International Ban on the Production of Fissile Material for Nuclear Weapons:
- Remarks at the United Nations General Assembly committee on Disarmament and International Security.
- Reducing the threat of biological weapons and strengthening global security through the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention: Secretary Clinton announces the Bio-Transparency and Openness Initiative.
- How has the United States maintained and verified its nuclear arsenal over the last 20 years without a live-fire test?
Check our newest fact sheet:
- Acting U/S Gottemoeller's comments on achieving 20 years of no nuclear testing in the United States:
"Over the past two decades, the United States has developed the capability to ensure the safety, security, and reliability of its stockpile through the use of state-of-the-art technology and research while maintaining a moratorium on nuclear explosive testing."
- Ambassador Ordway (USA) and Commissioner Leontyev (Russia) discuss New START treaty implementation at the fourth New START Bilateral Consultative Commission.
- Congratulations and thanks to Mongolia for furthering its non-nuclear weapons status and commitment to the NPT.
- ActivityOctoberPeople Who Like This10