Misha Chellam and Dave Lowensohn.
|Genres||Pop, Rock, Folk, Acoustic, Death Metal, Nap|
Speechwriters LLC is an American acoustic pop group from Claremont, California. They began as a two-man coffeehouse act but have expanded to bigger and better venues and a respectable following. The band is known for frequently being on tour, allowing the majority of their music to be shared  and permitting anyone to record their shows for personal use .
Misha Chellam and Dave Lowensohn met while Chellam was attending Pomona College and Lowensohn was working a day job down the road; Lowensohn had graduated from Pomona in 2000. Chellam's sister, a friend of Lowensohn from when they had studied abroad together in Paris, suggested the two get together and play. Chellam and Lowensohn first played together on January 21, 2001, named the band the following day, and performed their first show on January 25, 2001.
The pair went through multiple rhythm sections until literally stumbling upon drummer Matt Kolsky in February 2002, at which point they began touring the country as a trio. Matt eventually left, and the band continued to play for a while as a duo. Jack Mahaffy was signed on full time as bass player in the summer of 2003. Nitzan Lumer, the new drummer, was found ten months later, on Craigslist.
Their style is often compared to that of Dispatch, Jason Mraz and Jack Johnson, and their sound a fusion of Nick Drake and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Often, Chellam and Lownsohn harmonize with both their guitars and their voices, utilizing slide guitar on a large number of their songs. The group varies between a solo (usually Lowensohn), a duo, a quartet and the less common trio.
At present, the band members are in various states of being, though Lowensohn assures they are not breaking up. The group most recently did the score for the documentary Monster Camp. After his work on the Jim Webb campaign, Chellam has decided to take a break from the band to "let some life happen" and has gone to Vietnam . Lowensohn and Mahaffy have started their own music project in Portland, Oregon entitled Megafauna  with a new drummer called Riley.
- Dave Lowensohn: Vocals, Guitars
- Misha Chellam: Vocals, Guitars
- Nitzan Lumer: Drums
- Jack Mahaffy: Bass
 Official Albums
- Clones EP (2002)
- Dave Lowensohn Dates Your Daughter (2004)
- The Bull Moose After Party (2005)
- We Are Selling This CD For Gas Money (2005)
- Indifferent Cities EP (2009)
- Hollywood College (2011)
 Unofficial Albums
- Year One Demos (2001)
- The Secret Panel (2001)
- Friday the 13th Sessions (2002)
- Satisfiction (2002)
- Mixtape 2003 (2003)
- Mixtape 2005 (2005)
- Speechboot 2006 (2006)
- Unfinished Sweaters (2007)
- Monster Camp Soundtrack (2007)
- Official website
- Speechwriter's LLC Youtube Channel
- MySpace Page
- The SWLLC Digital Archive, an extensive collection of the band's music most of which is free to download.
- Speechwriters LLC collection at the Internet Archive's live music archive
- Speechwriters LLC Lyrics and Guitar Tabs
- Monster Camp, a film scored by Speechwriters LLC