Salon Khouri strives to be active participants in our community. From raising money for hurricane relief efforts to volunteering services for local charities, we hope that we can make our community a better place. Browse below for more information on various programs Salon Khouri promotes for a better community:
Raffles for various efforts of need
From time-to-time, Salon Khouri holds a raffle for various efforts of need. We raffled off services to support victims of hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Check with the front desk to find out more information on any current raffles.
Salon Khouri tries its best to maintain sound environmental practices. Read about how we are helping clean oil spills below and about our special recycling program! Every April, be sure to ask the front desk what Salon Khouri is doing to honor Earth Day.
October - Cut-a-Thon for Pediatric Cancer Funding and Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Each October, Salon Khouri participates in the Pink Hair for Hope event where clients can add a pink hair extension to their hair for $10. Since 2009, we've raised $3330 for this awesome cause. All proceeds go toward breast cancer research and funding. Also, October is our annual Cut-a-Thon to help "cut-out" Neuroblastoma. 2011 was our 5th year holding this event, and in those five years, we are proud to say that we have raised over $8425 toward pediatric cancer funding.
November - Annual Food Drive
Salon Khouri holds annual food drives each November to support local food shelters. Be sure to bring canned or boxed goods with you to your appointment in November!
December - Giving Tree @ Salon Khouri
In 2008, Salon Khouri participated in it's first giving tree. Employees and clients donated toys, clothes and other goods to needy children in the Northern Virginia Area. Please check in during the month of December if you are interested in participating.
Read more about recent efforts:
- December 1, 2012: Salon Khouri collects gift cards to help Long Beach, NY rebuild after Hurricane Sandy.
- November 3, 2012: Salon Khouri Raises $1835 for Pediatric and Breast Cancer Research Funding at annual events.
- September 15, 2012: Announcing our 6th annual cut-a-thon to "cut out" pediatric cancer! Sunday, October 14th from 11 AM until 3 PM.
- September 1, 2012: Salon Khouri partners with The ART of driving to bring awareness to teen driving safety in memorial of Ashley Thompson. We will also be having a raffle to raise money for this much needed non-profit. Raffle tickets will be $1 each and prizes include a haircut and blowdry, a conditioning treatment and blow dry, and a make-up application.
- August 1, 2012: Salon Khouri partners with Fairfax non-profit Our Daily Bread in their Collect for Kids program. Bring in a new backpack and we will take $5 off your haircut.
- June 4, 2012: Salon Khouri donates $1 from each haircut to Fairfax-based non-profit Our Daily Bread during the month of June!
- February 1, 2012: Salon Khouri donates $5 from each color service to the American Heart Assocation during the month of February!
- October 17, 2011: 5th Annual Cut-a-Thon raises $1800, bringing total raised to over $7300 in five years for Neuroblastoma research funding.
- July 18, 2011: Join us for a children's cut-a-thon to raise money for the victims of the March 2011 Japan Tsunami and Quake
- October 17, 2010: 4th Annual Cut-a-Thon Raises $972, bringing total raised to over $5500 in four years for Neuroblastoma funding
- Recycling Program: Read about our Recycling Program
- March 31, 2009: Salon Khouri Helps Clean Oil Spills
- October 28, 2007: Salon Khouri Cut-A-Thon Raises over $2500 for Neuroblastoma Research
- April 2, 2007: Salon Khouri Raffle Raises $400 for March of Dimes
- October 29, 2006: Salon Khouri Food Drive for Food for Others
- October 1, 2006: Salon Khouri Promotes Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
- September 02, 2005: Salon Khouri Hurricane Relief Raffle