News

Dear Yahoo! News readers,

Unable to post comments but instead Keep on seeing the spinning wheel? Please refer to the solutions below:

Internet Explorer browser users:

If you are having trouble posting comments and instead keep on seeing the little spinning wheel, chances are, you are using the Internet Explorer browser with the “Compatibility View” option turned on.
To turn the “Compatibility View” option off, simply look for a small icon at the top of your window on the right side of the website address that looks like a rectangle ripped apart from the middle. When you place your mouse cursor over the icon, the text “Compatibility View”. All you need to do is to click on it. The page will reload automatically, and you will then be able to post your comments, or thumb up/ thumb down on others’ comments.

FireFox browser users:

If you are having issue with the comment widget not loading properly, chances are, you using the Firefox browser with the Facebook Disconnect add-on installed.
All you need to do is Unblock Facebook request add-on by clicking Block Facebook icon at the top of your window on the right side of the website address . When you place your mouse cursor over the icon, the text “View and manage Facebook requests”.
You will then be able to post your comments, or thumb up/ thumb down on others’ comments.

If you are seeing something else different or using a different browser but still unable to comment, please message to below and inform us of the URLs, browser, and the browser version you are using, together with any error message you see and we will try our best to resolve your issues.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
Yahoo! Product Support

Hi, please let us know how we can improve News further.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. The automatic Report Abuse feature is being grossly misused!

The Report Abuse feature not only can delete a post, but has potential to put a poster's entire account in peril. There is a poster on the Dear Abby message board who has every post he makes reported for abuse, when there is absolutely no violation taking place. Is there any human review within Yahoo of the abuse before the account becomes imperiled? There is no way for the posters themselves to know who engages in this kind of cowardly action, only Yahoo can do it. You have a weasel loose in the ********, Yahoo. We need human review!!!!

198 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon

You'll receive a confirmation email with a link to create a password (optional).

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Please stop censoring the "C" and "K" in all the words in news comments.

This is ridiculous and sensors words like "stuck" and "ticket." This makes it difficult to read the comments.

141 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon

You'll receive a confirmation email with a link to create a password (optional).

Signed in as (Sign out)
        started  ·  15 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Admin →
      • News comments not working again.Comments greyed out, can't post. Rotating circle. Please fix it.

Had this problem months ago. Yahoo finally fixed it and now it is happening again. Keep getting rotating circle like the link wants to come in but it just sits there rotating, and you cannot post a comment

192 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Yahoo! News readers,

Our Engineering team is currently looking into this issue. I appreciate your patience as we work on resolving this issue, and
          apologize once again for any inconvenience.

Thank you again,
          Yahoo! Product Support

• Notifications now link to article without any comments section at all!

Everyday a new problem! When will you realize the web-authors are failing!!!!!!

The notifs links now send to the original article without any comments section shown at all. Can you go an entire day without a new bug or a week without old bugs resurfacing over and over?

BTW...your solution above for I.E. 9 is WRONG! There is no "rectangle ripped apart" icon. The answer is correct, but without icon, and instead found in the "Tools" menu. How dopey is that?

Get yourselves together! It wasnt that long ago when Yahoo would work properly for at least three days.

112 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon

Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Cussing symbols randomly throughout posts?

It's 2013 & Yahoo's borked comments AGAIN with overzealous cuss word symbols being indiscriminately inserted INSIDE longer words!
            The ICK in CHICKEN and THICK is not a cuss word.
            The PHOM in SOPHOMORIC is not a cuss word.
            The CK in STUCK is not a cuss word
            The OCK in SHOCKED is not a cuss word
            Yahoo is completely destroying message content.
            Stop playing the silly cuss word censorship game since it's obvious that your artificial intelligent speech police filters are flawed beyond repair.

67 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon

Signed in as (Sign out)
              started  ·  3 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Admin →
            • Please look at your censor filter. It is censoring words that are not swear words.

Words like pack, back and such are not swear words. You censoring filter is set way too high. I understand the need to censor certain words but to leave out letters of a work makes it difficult to see what the person posted. Words like assign or pack are missing letters and it is ridiculous that you can not fix this.

49 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon

Signed in as (Sign out)
                started  ·  1 comment  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Admin →
              • A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script

I keep getting this in the news section after a long delay.

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://l1.yimg.com/zz/combo?yui:3.5.1/build/yui/yui-min.js&os/mit/media/m/base/imageloader-min-875847.js&os/mit/media/m/base/imageloader-bootstrap-min-815727.js&os/mit/media/m/base/viewport-loader-min-993847.js&os/mit/media/p/common/rmp-min-985320.js:14

I keep getting these errors. I suspect its an ad with unauthorized code in it,

25 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Yahoo! News reader,

Thanks for your feedback. Please provide us more info so that we can look into the issue.

- Browser/ Browser version.
                  - Operating Systems.
                  - The article URL.

Best Regards,
                  Yahoo! Product Support

• 41 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon

Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Stop asking for a sign in when I'm already signed in - Yahoo is ******** - ********!

How can Yahoo simultaneously have me signed in at the top of the page AND ask me "please sign in to rate" about 2 inches below the heading that says 'Hi R' and offers "sign out" as one of my options. I have come to the conclusion that Yahoo much have a technical support group that was homeless last week and got three hours of training and were then set loose to work on the system. There is no other explanation that makes sense.

16 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Our Engineering team is currently looking into this issue. I appreciate your patience as we work on resolving this issue, and apologize once again for any inconvenience.

Thank you again,
                      Yahoo! Product Support

• Yahoo, I have to tell you I am getting pretty fed up with all the ad popup and gimmics. About ready to dump you for good.

I know you have to make money but all the ways you guys are forcing these popup ads on us is getting old. The annoying bar at the bottom that you can't close out and the hidden links on the sides of the screen are pretty much the last straw. We have to be really careful where we mouse over or we may get wisked off to a page we do NOT want to be. What good is all this stuff if people stop viewing your webpage because of it.

37 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon

Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • All of a sudden I can't post or review on the comments section on any of the articles. It keeps loading as if it was to open but never does.

All of a sudden I can't post or review on the comments section on any of the articles. The little wheel keeps loading as if it was to open but never does. It doesn't show any error status. I am using Google browser. This started about two months ago.

62 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon

Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • 13 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon

Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Quit posting news articles mentioning a photo but never actually putting the photo in the article!

All the freakng time, you guys post an article about a photo of some sorts and then yet you don't actually put the photo in the article! It honestly seems that the only article without photos are the articles actually about a photo!

90 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon

Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Looks like they're "fixing" comments again...

The comment section is much more screwed up than usual this morning. I get the "Oops!" error on everything from rating, trying to reply, trying to go to the next page, eveything. And comments I make won't post except after several tries. I appreciate you might be trying to repair the disaster your remedial programmers have wrought over the last few weeks, but it's time to turnover management and hire people who know what they're doing. Go to ANY online site that offer the ability to comment on their articles and ask them to help you. Yahoo is the ONLY…

20 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon

Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Videos Freezing

Please fix your videos. They NEVER load and always freeze 5 seconds into the video. I have used IE9, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. The problem occurs on all of them.

10 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Yahoo! News readers,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Please provide us more details so that we can investigate to solve your issue. The information we need from you is:

- the URL of the video that is unavailable
                                  - Browser version
                                  - Your location

Thanks for your help,
                                  Yahoo! Product Support

• Comments section asks me to sign in, but am already signed in to Yahoo.

Comments section asks me to sign in, but am already signed in to Yahoo.
                                  Google Chrome. Version 23.0.1271.97 m
                                  Example: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/hagel-defense-secretary-face-202509981--politics.html

12 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Our Engineering team is currently looking into this issue. I appreciate your patience as we work on resolving this issue, and apologize once again for any inconvenience.

Thank you again,
                                    Yahoo! Product Support

• 4 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you again,
                                      Yahoo! Product Support

• You can improve News by removing **** ads like on this page. 2 **** ads from Wicked on a featured News page. Children might see these.

You can improve News by removing **** ads like on this page. 2 **** ads from Wicked on a featured News page and children might see these ads. The News page was http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/amateur-stunt-gone-wrong-video-skyrockets-viral-infamy-165201529.html?fb_action_ids=10151185495462742%2C10151185311837742%2C10151185309272742%2C4437677694973&fb_action_types=news.reads&fb_ref=type%3Aread%2Cuser%3AMi1HeGxWysYnZ8qw1AULTx6dxnQ%2Caf%3Asb%2Ctype%3Aread%2Cuser%3Aec7ZJ9YetU9JHNNyanln9c4FR5o%2Caf%3Asb&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%2210151185495462742%22%3A476976838989001%2C%2210151185311837742%22%3A334304803350684%2C%2210151185309272742%22%3A467753226595957%2C%224437677694973%22%3A479619345417314%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210151185495462742%22%3A%22news.reads%22%2C%2210151185311837742%22%3A%22news.reads%22%2C%2210151185309272742%22%3A%22news.reads%22%2C%224437677694973%22%3A%22news.reads%22%7D&action_ref_map=%7B%2210151185495462742%22%3A%22type%3Aread%2Cuser%3AMi1HeGxWysYnZ8qw1AULTx6dxnQ%2Caf%3Asb%22%2C%2210151185311837742%22%3A%22type%3Aread%2Cuser%3AMi1HeGxWysYnZ8qw1AULTx6dxnQ%2Caf%3Asb%22%2C%2210151185309272742%22%3A%22type%3Aread%2Cuser%3AMi1HeGxWysYnZ8qw1AULTx6dxnQ%2Caf%3Asb%22%2C%224437677694973%22%3A%22type%3Aread%2Cuser%3Aec7ZJ9YetU9JHNNyanln9c4FR5o%2Caf%3Asb%22%7D&code=AQBvS6y9LrneYAlsXCDLHiKBsogXGtEXWAminWJ3TCceGM3NjLLuo-o1b944cUSDB4xCtBdJLtN4sYbz8WhLKnmRtgV0ce2xc24_iPDTQYxrDDOHsy-JNQE_mTdh0wbuY7ua_SD3Ey6uGwBhvdBkFvIfE-QKJx72RBBhUQMG5nwl7KcKvjBORxr8tpK4X3uhNMmoLHwnNk-DRsthjZ0iE_jz#_=_) .

7 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon

Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Admin →
                                      • Stop censoring every word with an h and an m next to each other in the news comments. "Watching" is not a vulgarity.

Instead of censoring words like "watching" or "hmmm" because the letters H and M are side by side, you should instead be worrying about things people type like "I\Iigger" that don't get caught by your filters. The amount of racism that is allowed by Yahoo, be it in the comments or as people's handles is disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

5 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon

Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • I just had to say that I had to change channels when you announced this morning that Sam Champion was on his honeymoon. It's time to go.

I had to change channels this morning when you announced that Sam Champion was on his honeymoon. That is so sickening to me. I will change back to The Today show...leaving it years ago for Good Morning America..time to switch back

7 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon

Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 52
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base