Directorate for Organizational and Management Planning (O&MP)
The Directorate for Organizational and Management Planning (O&MP) is a part of the Office of the Director of Administration and Management (DA&M). This directorate provides assistance across four core functions in support of organizational and management planning matters principally for the Office of the Secretary of Defense and in some areas Department of Defense-wide.
General responsibilities include providing support to the Immediate Office of the Secretary of Defense; assisting with the stand-up, reorganization, or stand-down of DoD organizations; providing policy guidance on matters of organization and management to DoD Components; and supporting the execution of many Departmental management programs.
Highlights of recent O&MP activity include:
- Completed and submitted the Report on the plan for the realignment of OSD as required by section 906 of the FY10 NDAA (View) (High Resolution)
- Developed and maintained organizational charters for organizational elements of the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Defense Agencies, the DoD Field Activities.
- Stand up of the Office of the Deputy Chief Management Officer (ODCMO)
- Transition of the Office of the Director, Program Analysis and Evaluation (PA&E) to the Office of the Director, Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation (CAPE)
- Stand up and assignment of the DoD Civil Liberties Officer function
- Analyzed, managed, programmed, and tracked OSD manpower resources and requirements on behalf of the Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Defense.
- Provided policy guidance, coordination, and oversight for the administration of the following programs:
- DoD Major Headquarters Program
- OSD Manager’s Internal Control (MIC) Program
- DoD Executive Agent Program
- DoD Committee Management Program