[1.5.1, 1.4.7]Chocolate quest. Mods for the adventurers

betterdungeons items adventure

2920 replies to this topic

Chocolatin

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:59 AM

POPULAR

Download link:

Minecraft 1.5.1

Better Dungeons version avaiable (Minecraft forge required)

Support the mod downloading here
Ad-Free download: here

Minecraft 1.4.7

Better Dungeons version avaiable (Minecraft forge required)

Minecraft 1.2.5

Download Better dungeons version 0.95

Spoiler:
A video showing previews of some dungeons, by the nice Etalyx

More videos:
Spoiler:

Installation guide:
Spoiler:

FAQ
Spoiler:

Achievements:
Spoiler:

Pics:
Spoiler:

And the list of mobs:
Spoiler:

Special thanks:
Spoiler:

Building exporter, customize your dungeons
Spoiler:
Additional

The map I used to build, filled with empty templates, and mod buildings: Link.
(Requires exporter enabled in the config file, and the default exporter block ids)

If you want to help there is a list of what I need for the mod:

Sounds: horse, pirate phrases, or anything you think the mod its missing
Custom buildings: the mod have a good amount of buildings, but as more variation better.
Or if you apreciatted my work you can donate me with this button:

Posted Image

Copyright(
This mod (plugin, a patch to Minecraft source, henceforth "Mod" or "The Mod"), by the terms of http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp is sole property of the Mod author (, henceforth "Owner" or "The Owner"). By default it may only be distributed on minecraftforums.net, mcmodcenter.net. It may only be mirrored or reposted in other modpack as long as they provide a link back to this post.
My mods:

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

kanokarob
    kanokarob

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2470 posts
  • Minecraft: kanokarob

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:01 AM

What version of MC is this for? I like it, and Ill download it once I know what version its for.

Fun! Make a version for 1.9pre5 and maybe fix the gen code so it isnt on the surface? or is that configurable?

Revize
    Revize

Carpenter

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:17 AM

Lookin' Good. ;)
Koopa: Lord Bowser! Shall i train the goombas in kung fu and fire arms usage in case mario attacks?
Bowser: IDIOT!!! Goombas! March slowly! SLOOOOWEEEER!!!

kanokarob
    kanokarob

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2470 posts
  • Minecraft: kanokarob

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:32 AM

Just tried it out, and its frickin BOSS. I fully support this mod, and please make a 1.9pre5 version!

Meta98
    Meta98

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • Minecraft: Meta145

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:45 AM

Holy mother of jesus. These should be less rare. Plus, epic mod by the looks. Need to try it out xD
Posted Image

ChE_clarinetist

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:48 AM

Some friendly advice to not get your thread locked/deleted (see the section rules announcement posted by Beltir):
  • You are required to have an installation guide for your mod posted in your OP (original post).
  • You are required to have a licensing statement/terms of service in your OP.
In general, please read announcements and stickies before posting so you know the rules.

Cremonstonter2525
  • Minecraft: TheDerpyGamer1

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:03 AM

Looks awesome, but 1.8.1 makes me lag, so i cant wait until a 1.9 pre 5 version comes out :)

Chocolatin

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:08 AM

ChE_clarinetist: edited, thanks for the advise.
Meta98: will make it more rare next version, set chance to 1 in config.
Revize: thanks!
kanokarob: just wait to minecraft final release, it requires modloader, and if it's not updated i cant do it.
My mods:

Posted Image

username_not_taken

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:34 AM

This is a very good start. make sure to find a very good default configuration setting. as may rooms and paths close to each other as shown in the images now are just too much. 1 block thick walls in large dungeons are too thin if there are creepers or traps planned.

the small dungeons in the first image look just about right.

Add furniture, floor-types (with alternating tiling patterns), torches, doors (metal doors with levers not always on both sides) and paintings, all with their rarity configurable.

traps are good, but at first add some code to use more materials for floors and walls, or traps will be spotted way too easily.

hollow places with no connection to the outside must be filled with rock or dirt, if there was air water or lava in that place before.

and please, make sure that there is little to no water flowing trough the dungeons and that most paths are at least 3 blocks high. water in low areas is not only very annoying, not too realistic, it also lags the hell ot of the game for larger dungeons because all mobs constantly jump in the water and move a lot more.

Firespread
  • Location: O'er the hills of Narnia, under the vile Nether, past the mountains of Sparta and through Mordor, you shall find me on.... EARTH.
  • Minecraft: Sir_Firespread

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:45 AM

Hmmmm, why are the dungeons in the pics aboveground? Does this mod make dungeons more common? Do they spawn above ground now? How difficult are they?
Read updated infobox
Hullo, my name is Firespread. Sir Firespread, if you please. I'm naturally American and English is my native language, but I'm about 40% Russian, 20% French/German/Spanish/English, 10%Irish, 10% Israeli, 10% From every other developed country on earth, and 10% American.
So I guess you could say I'm Russian, even though I know none of the language. I do know some French, however. Anyway, I'm Sir Firespread, And I'm here to help. And rant.

DJEN
    DJEN

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

What the...
I like
Spoiler:
I enjoy typin' in a southern-ish accent.

DjGyarados
  • Minecraft: DjGyarados
  • Xbox:Portugal IV

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:19 AM

View Postkanokarob, on 28 October 2011 - 04:32 AM, said:

Just tried it out, and its frickin BOSS. I fully support this mod, and please make a 1.9pre5 version!
He can't make a 1.9pre5 version until MCP comes out , and it's only coming in 1.9 full release.

View Postkanokarob, on 28 October 2011 - 04:01 AM, said:

What version of MC is this for? I like it, and Ill download it once I know what version its for.

Fun! Make a version for 1.9pre5 and maybe fix the gen code so it isnt on the surface? or is that configurable?
He can't make a 1.9pre5 until MCP comes out, and it's only coming when 1.9 is fully released.

View PostCremonstonter2525, on 28 October 2011 - 05:03 AM, said:

Looks awesome, but 1.8.1 makes me lag, so i cant wait until a 1.9 pre 5 version comes out :)
There's not gonna be a 1.9pre5 release until MCP gets updated, which will only happen in the 1.9 full release.

Jeez.
Posted Image

ThatOneGuy5

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:33 AM

Dayum,son!Those things are huge!
Might try it later.
I'l give you some gold for your troubles.
:GoldBar:  :GoldBar:  :GoldBar:  :GoldBar:  :GoldBar:
Posted Image

Chocolatin

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:30 AM

username_not_taken: added floor, I wont add torches player must do it! and torches = less mobs.
Firespread:
Does this mod make dungeons more common? Yes, its configurable
How difficult are they? Depending on your skills

Uptdated to v0.2, can someone tell me how to put images in spoiler?
My mods:

Posted Image

twannie1997
  • Minecraft: twannie1997

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:57 AM

I think there should be level dungeons.
The lower, the harder dungeons get. Is the loot also configurable?

Image in spoiler is done like this:
[spoiler][IMG]Image link here[/IMG][/spoiler]

Zkyo said:

An enderman teleported into my basement at some point, and re-arranged all the "natural" blocks in there.

Chocolatin

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

twannie1997: thanks, more lvl will be added in later versions, im working in a new algorithm to generete dungeons, im not happy with the current, it makes more mazes than dungeons, the new generator will include levels, entrance, and basically a more linear dungeon, with maybe a final boss at the end, like a resized, and op zombie, something easy till final minecraft uptade.
And yes, drop its configurable, default from dungeons, gold ingots(rare), + diamonts(very rare) and config file items
My mods:

Posted Image

killkill85
  • Minecraft: killkill85

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:45 PM

Swamp caves=Terraria-esque underground jungle,woo!

They just need vines all over the place and a few jungle-themed mobs and it'll be so much better!

This looks really cool,by the way.
I  don't need a signature,I am a signature.

Keeltoll said:

Yo dawg I heard you like playing Portal so now you can play Portal while playing Minecraft while going to Hell.

natepc
    natepc

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:51 PM

Absolutely brilliant! Will try this when 1.9 comes out (I have too many mods atm, will lag if I add more...)

In short, many diamonds for you:  :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:
I cannot confirm or deny that you are being searched for dangerous materials
      ~Fenrir Nonas, leader of the Nonas Guard (Damned traitors...)

Smepic
    Smepic

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • Minecraft: Smepic
  • Xbox:Smepic

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:05 PM

The large dungeon looks amazing.
Posted Image

vvenaya
    vvenaya

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:36 PM

This mod is not usable if you have any ore generating mods install ... the ores from the other mods are generated AFTER
your dungeons are (I am using industrial craft and Red power, both generate ores)