Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Entire RAZZIE® History, Year-by-Year: 1980-2012
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2000 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2000 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"
    Posted: December 04 2005 at 3:52pm

Twenty-First Annual RAZZIE® Awards (for 2000)

Presented at The Garden Room of The Radisson-Huntley Hotel,  March 24, 2000

"Winners" are Denoted in Bold Face

• WORST PICTURE: 
    • BATTLEFIELD EARTH (Warner Bros.)
    • BOOK OF SHADOWS: BLAIR WITCH 2 (Artisan)
    • THE FLINTSTONES IN VIVA ROCK VEGAS (Universal)
    • LITTLE NICKY (New Line)
    • THE NEXT BEST THING (Paramount)
  • WORST ACTOR:
    • Leonardo DiCaprio*/THE BEACH (20th Century-Fox)
    • Adam Sandler*/LITTLE NICKY 
    • Sylvester Stallone*/GET CARTER (Warner Bros.)
    • Ah-nold Schwarzenegger# (As The REAL Adam Gibson) THE 6th DAY (Columbia)
    • John Travolta#@/BATTLEFIELD EARTH and LUCKY NUMBERS (Paramount).
  • WORST ACTRESS:
    • Kim Basinger/BLESS THE CHILD and I DREAMED OF AFRICA
    • Melanie Griffith/CECIL B. DEMENTED (Artisan)
    • Madonna/THE NEXT BEST THING 
    • Bette Midler/ISN'T SHE GRATING
    • Demi Moore/PASSION OF MIND

WORST SCREEN COUPLE:

• Any 2 Actors/BOOK OF SHADOWS: BLAIR WITCH 2
  • Richard Gere# & Winona Ryder/AUTUMN IN NEW YORK
  • Madonna & EITHER Rupert Everett OR Benjamin Bratt/THE NEXT BEST THING
  • Ah-nold (As The REAL Adam Gibson) & Ah-nold (As The CLONE of Adam Gibson) THE 6th DAY
  • John Travolta and Anyone Sharing the Screen with Him/BATTLEFIELD EARTH 

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS:

• Patricia Arquette/LITTLE NICKY 
  • Joan Collins/FLINTSTONES in VIVA ROCK VEGAS 
  • Thandie Newton/MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 2
  • Kelly Preston/BATTLEFIELD EARTH 
  • Rene Russo/THE ADVENTURES of ROCKY & BULLWINKLE

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR:

• Stephen Baldwin/THE FLINTSTONES IN VIVA ROCK VEGAS 
  • Barry Pepper/BATTLEFIELD EARTH
  • Keanu Reeves/THE WATCHER
  • Ah-nold Schwarzenegger (As The CLONE of Adam Gibson)/THE 6th DAY
  • Forest Whitaker/BATTLEFIELD EARTH

WORST REMAKE OR SEQUEL:

• BOOK OF SHADOWS/BLAIR WITCH 2 
  • DR. SEUSS' HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS (Universal)
  • THE FLINTSTONES IN VIVA ROCK VEGAS 
  • GET CARTER
  • MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 2

WORST DIRECTOR:

• Joe Berlinger/BOOK OF SHADOWS: BLAIR WITCH 2 
  • Steven Brill/LITTLE NICKY 
  • Roger Christian/BATTLEFIELD EARTH 
  • Brian DePalma#/MISSION TO MARS (Disney)
  • John Schlesinger/THE NEXT BEST THING 

WORST SCREENPLAY:

• BATTLEFIELD EARTH 
  • BOOK OF SHADOWS: BLAIR WITCH 2
  • DR. SEUSS' HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS 
  • LITTLE NICKY
  • THE NEXT BEST THING

NOMINATIONS & "WINS" PER PICTURE:

• BATTLEFIELD EARTH - 8 Nominations / 7 "WINS" (Worst Picture, Actor, Screen Couple, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress, Director, Screenplay)
  • BOOK OF SHADOWS: BLAIR WITCH 2 - 5 Nominations, 1 "Win" (Remake or Sequel)
  • LITTLE NICKY - 5 Nominations, NO "Wins" 
  • THE NEXT BEST THING - 5  Nominations, 1 "Win" (Worst Actress) 
  • THE FLINTSTONES IN VIVA ROCK VEGAS - 4  Nominations, NO "Wins" 
  • THE 6th DAY - 3 Nominations, NO "Wins"

Historic Note: BATTLEFIELD EARTH, with 7 RAZZIE "wins," tied with All-Time Worst Picture Champion SHOWGIRLS (1995)

©2001, The Golden Raspberry Award Foundation and John Wilson

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2010 at 9:07pm
The only blotch on the Triple-O nominations was Mission: Impossible II.
RAZZIE Dirty Dozen: Battlefield Earth, Pluto Nash, A Sound of Thunder, Alone in the Dark, Dirty Love, Rise Silver Srfr, Daddy Day Camp, IKWKM, The Love Guru, All About Steve, Airbender, [vacant spot]
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2010 at 10:48pm
Hmmm, I thought Mission: Impossible II could have been better, but it wasn't unwatchable... 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2010 at 1:16pm
Why didn't you nominated Vraian Leban if you already nominated THE FLINTSTONES 2?!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2011 at 3:57pm
You know a glaring snub from this list is? ............................Dungeons and Dragons. If not for Worst Picture, then atleast for Worst Supporting Actor (Either Jeremy Irons or Marlon Wayans)

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are much more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2011 at 4:01pm
I heard Wayans's character was racist.
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2011 at 1:11am
Originally posted by oiram

You know a glaring snub from this list is? ............................Dungeons and Dragons. If not for Worst Picture, then atleast for Worst Supporting Actor (Either Jeremy Irons or Marlon Wayans)

I know what you mean, that movie was a sh*t pile if i've ever seen one, bad fx, bad overly dramatic acting (it had a NOOOOOO moment), and Jeremy Irons overacting every single scene he was in... it was really painful to watch.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2011 at 5:18am
Originally posted by Mayhem5185

I know what you mean, that movie was a sh*t pile if i've ever seen one, bad fx, bad overly dramatic acting (it had a NOOOOOO moment), and Jeremy Irons overacting every single scene he was in... it was really painful to watch.
Very true, very true. The only problem: it came out the same year as "Battlefield Earth". A forgotten movie based on a board game vs. unwatchable movie with ego-crazed celebrity, all based on a crazy religion. Yeah, "BFE" for the win.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2011 at 5:15am
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Originally posted by Mayhem5185

Very true, very true. The only problem: it came out the same year as "Battlefield Earth". A forgotten movie based on a board game vs. unwatchable movie with ego-crazed celebrity, all based on a crazy religion. Yeah, "BFE" for the win.
I wasn't really saying Dungeons and Dragons should REPLACE Battlefield: Earth, I'm saying that it should have got some sort of nomination because it was undeniably bad.

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are much more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2011 at 7:10am
Maybe if Jeremy Irons had won for this movie he would've learned the lesson and not be in ERAGON.I kind'a liked that movie but I know most people didn't.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2011 at 7:37pm

I wasn't really saying Dungeons and Dragons should REPLACE Battlefield: Earth, I'm saying that it should have got some sort of nomination because it was undeniably bad.
Yes, but my point is that it wouldn't have matter because "Battlefield Earth" would have swept anyway.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2011 at 8:24pm
I found an old archived webpage. It was a more basic form of the complete list of eligible film titles, with likely contenders in CAPS LOCK but not RAZZberry pink, and with no links to very much, and no bells/whistles. I used it to decide upon the "Worst" side of my Countdown of Cinema 2000.

#25: Vertical Limit
#24: Dude, Where's My Car?
#23: Road Trip
#22: Dungeons & Dragons
#21: 102 Dalmatians
#20: Mission Impossible II
#19: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
#18: Cecil B Demented
#17: The 6th Day
#16: The Watcher
#15: The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle
#14: Isn't She Great?
#13: I Dreamed of Africa
#12: Mission to Mars
#11: Lucky Numbers
#10: Passion of Mind
#9: Autumn in New York
#8: The Beach
#7: Bless the Child
#6: Get Carter [remake]
#5: Little Nicky
#4: The Next Best Thing
#3: Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
#2: The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas
#1: Battlefield Earth
RAZZIE Dirty Dozen: Battlefield Earth, Pluto Nash, A Sound of Thunder, Alone in the Dark, Dirty Love, Rise Silver Srfr, Daddy Day Camp, IKWKM, The Love Guru, All About Steve, Airbender, [vacant spot]
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2011 at 10:40am
Originally posted by GTAHater767

#25: Vertical Limit
#23: Road Trip
#20: Mission Impossible II
#19: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
#18: Cecil B Demented
I'm sorry but those movies only got mixed reviews.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2011 at 11:43am
So did ECLIPSE.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2011 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Vits

I'm sorry but those movies only got mixed reviews.
And I'm sorry, but getting "mixed" reviews doesn't get you off the hook. That just means you made a forgettable, so-so movie.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 8:51am
I meant they shouldn't be in a "Worst" list.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>