Presidential Recordings Program
Between 1940 and 1973, six American presidents from both political parties secretly recorded just under 5,000 hours of their meetings and telephone conversations.
Through a combination of historical research and annotated transcripts the Miller Center's Presidential Recordings Program aims to make these remarkable historical sources more accessible to scholars, teachers, students, and the public.
- Transcripts & Virtual Exhibits
- Listen to Secret White House Recordings
- Classroom Materials (Presidential Classroom)
- Kent Germany, Assistant Professor of History and African American Studies, University of South Carolina
- Dr. Erin Mahan, Research scholar
- Dr. Patrick Garrity, Research scholar