Huntington Station, New York
|Huntington Station, New York|
|— Census-designated place —|
|• Total||5.5 sq mi (14.2 km2)|
|• Land||5.5 sq mi (14.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||217 ft (66 m)|
|• Density||6,000/sq mi ( 2,300/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||11746, 11747, 11750|
|GNIS feature ID||0953500|
Huntington Station is located at .
Demographics of the CDP 
As of the census of 2010, there were 33,029 people, 10,067 households, and 7,449 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 6,005.3 per square mile (2,326.0/km2). There were 10,523 housing units at an average density of 1,913.3/sq mi (741.1/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 64.0% White, 10.9% African American, 0.6% Native American, 3.5% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 16.4% some other race, and 4.6% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 36.7% of the population.
There were 10,067 households, out of which 40.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 51.4% were headed by married couples living together, 15.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.0% were non-families. 19.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.0% were someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.26, and the average family size was 3.56.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 24.7% under the age of 18, 9.3% from 18 to 24, 30.6% from 25 to 44, 25.4% from 45 to 64, and 10.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35.4 years. For every 100 females there were 104.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 102.5 males.
For the period 2009-2011, the median annual income for a household in the CDP was $70,898, and the median income for a family was $77,674. Males had a median income of $46,600 versus $47,162 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $29,598. About 7.2% of families and 12.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 19.0% of those under age 18 and 6.3% of those age 65 or over.
Notable residents 
Notable current and former residents of Huntington Station include:
- Gerry Cooney, former heavyweight boxer
- Diabolic, underground hip-hop artist and rapper
- Tom Gugliotta, former NBA player
- Joseph Hazelwood, the ship's master of the Exxon Valdez at the time of the Exxon Valdez oil spill in the Prince William Sound, Alaska, on March 24, 1989
- Charlie Korsmo, former child actor, lawyer
- Latterman, punk rock band
- Jim Wetherbee (born 1952), astronaut
- Walt Whitman, poet
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Huntington Station CDP, New York". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- 1903 map
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Huntington Station CDP, New York". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "Selected Economic Characteristics: 2009-2011 American Community Survey 3-Year Estimates (DP03): Huntington Station CDP, New York". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- Kerr, Kathleen. "They Began Here: Around the country, leading thinkers in health and science can trace their roots to Long Island", Newsday, July 16, 2008. Accessed 2008-09-17.