Distraction and Nonsense

Our favorite Minecraft server
It is currently Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:54 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to distractionandnonsense

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: THE RULES. READ THIS.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:50 pm 
Site Admin

Minecraft name: micromoog
This server has three player roles:
    Builder (green text):
    • Can build anywhere but in the Survival Preserve (see below). To get this role, read these rules, then hang around and talk to the admins for a while to convince them you're not a griefer. If there are no admins on, post a message about yourself to the discussion forum.
    Creator (blue text):
    • This role is similar to Builder, with the additional ability to spawn items. To get this role, first be Builder, then hang around for at least two weeks before asking (until the admins trust you enough).
    Survivor (gold text):
    • This role is for pure vanilla-style play. This is the only role with access to the Survival Preserve. Convince the admins you're hardcore to get this role.

Server rules:
  • NO GRIEFING. Mods are in place to identify griefers.
  • No lying to Admins.
  • No unwanted PVP.
  • No client hacks for flying, noclip, x-ray vision, etc.
  • No bothering people -- if someone tells you to leave them alone, leave them alone.
  • Don't build things designed to harm people in public areas (e.g. deathtraps).
  • Don't annoy the admins. We're here to try to have fun playing the game too.
  • No stealing (don't take anything from a chest or farm unless a sign says you can).
  • Don't build close to spawn -- go at least as far as the natural islands. Ask an admin if you're unsure.
  • Creators may not give, sell, or trade spawned items to others. Spawned items are for personal use only.
  • Spawned items may not be stored anywhere. Keep only a minimal amount in inventory in case you die.
  • Players are free to switch back and forth between roles, but must remain in the new role for at least one week after each switch.
  • Admins have all abilities, but are expected to abide by the appropriate survivor/creator rules depending on the situation.
  • Consequences for breaking any of these rules to be decided by admins, up to and including permanent ban.

Survival Preserve:
  • The Survival Preserve is an area of the world designed for strict pure-vanilla play. It is the entire northeast quadrant of the world. Use F3 to check your location -- if both X and Z are negative, you're in the Preserve.
  • Only Survivors may enter the Preserve.
  • All structures in the Preserve must be built 100% from items mined in the Preserve.
  • No items from outside the Preserve may ever be brought into, or spawned in, the Preserve for any reason.
  • Shops are allowed in the Preserve, but all items for trade must be originally mined in the Preserve.

The IP address of the server is simply distractionandnonsense.com.

Post subject: Re: THE RULES. READ THIS.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:11 am 

Minecraft name: MutantSquirrl
so can i be a creator and stil go into preserve? or do i need to switch every time

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:16 am 

Minecraft name: MutantSquirrl
can i sell or trade spawnd items?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:20 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
so can i be a creator and stil go into preserve? or do i need to switch every time

NO. The Preserve is for survivors ONLY. If you want to play there, you must switch, and you must wait a week before switching back. It's truly an immersive vanilla experience :)

Quote:
can i sell or trade spawnd items?

Yes, as long as you never ever ever bring items into the Preserve that were not mined in the Preserve.

EDIT: I need to change this, sorry. No, items spawned by Creators are for personal use only.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:25 am 

Minecraft name: Team_Braniel
Moog, Amend the line about trading spawned items. That is the root of what led to everyone on Gen1 having 300 diamond.

Dix was trading 64 diamond for 64 glass, to anyone. Obviously the diamonds were spawned and the glass was a /kit at the time.

Trading is a very tricky and slippery slope, I can see an Admin doing it, someone you can trust to handle the responsibility of opening the whole server up to a flood of free items... but for the general pop it could cause problems. Also I don't see any difference between trading for spawned items and just /give the items to the person in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:33 am 
Site Admin

OK, how about we say only admins can operate shops for now, we'll see how it goes? For creators, no giving/selling/trading spawned items under any circumstances?

Shops would still be OK for anyone to run in the Preserve, as long as all items were mined in the Preserve.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:54 am 

Minecraft name: Crash_Magnum
Fire? TnT? Lava/ lava buckets?

Lava buckets can be useful if you are trying to do a legit lava pool.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:54 pm 

Minecraft name: Jozone_Zeb
Alright, I'd like to survive and play free-build, if that's okay, so am I allowed to like, mark the corners of something I want to build, and build it with the resources I mined in the preserve?

Having Ads pop up during YouTube vids can SMD
Oh, and Mutant?HERP DERP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:33 pm 
Site Admin

Jozone_Zeb wrote:
Alright, I'd like to survive and play free-build, if that's okay, so am I allowed to like, mark the corners of something I want to build, and build it with the resources I mined in the preserve?

I'm not quite sure I understand, but in a nutshell: as long as you're a Survivor, you can take resources out of the Preserve. You cannot take resources into the Preserve under any circumstances.

If you're a Creator, you can't go into the Preserve at all.

If you want to play hybrid, pick somewhere other than the Preserve (there's plenty of space out there!).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:15 pm 

Minecraft name: Team_Braniel
Are creators physically blocked from the preserve, or can they walk in, its just against the rules...
I think that needs to be clarified, else we may have a lot of creators "testing" it and then assuming its Kosher because they physically can.

As an Admin, if I catch any creators in the preserve I will instantly de-creator you and then explore what it is you were doing before seeing if further action is necessary.