Lerner Court , Clare College, Cambridge
In 2005 the practice won a limited competition for a new £6 million building for Clare College in Cambridge. The College required a dedicated lecture theatre for 150 people, catering for delegates, fellows offices, 34 new study bedrooms suitable for delegates as well as students, and a student laundry. The new building occupies the last piece of undeveloped land in the central area of the College, next to Memorial Court - a series of landscaped courtyards designed for the College by Giles Gilbert-Scott and built in stages between 1929 and 1950.
Completion Date: 2008
Contract Value: £6m
Client: Clare College, Cambridge