InTech provides the most thought-provoking and authoritative coverage of automation technologies, applications, and strategies to enhance automation professionals’ on-the-job success.
- Web Exclusive: Water and wastewater SCADA cybersecurity
Water sector automation systems are a higher profile target for the growing threat of cyberattacks. Industrial control system network architecture and segmentation strategies can lower this vulnerability.
- Salary Survey: Factors that affect your salary – what you need to know
Results from our 2013 salary survey of automation professionals. Salaries have increased slightly, but job satisfaction has increased more
- Special Section: Electrical Test Equipment
Hazardous areas have many ratings and types of devices; what test equipment do you use in an area?
- Automation IT: Improve plant operations and maintenance
Operations and maintenance teams are now asked to do more than simply identify problems and fix equipment breakdowns
- Cover Story: Cybersecurity strategy and actions
The Automation Federation is leading the way for the protection of U.S. critical infrastructure
- Process Automation: Biopharmaceutical single-to-multiproduct conversion
With the changing business and regulatory environment, facilities have to be more flexible and capable of producing multiple products
- System Integration: Integrating packaged equipment
Successful integration of packaged equipment into plant SCADA systems requires effort up front
- Mobile devices drive CPM growth
The global CPM market, which encompasses the manufacturing execution systems (MES) market, is increasing in all regions of the world, driven by the need to collaborate and increase efficiency.
- September/October by the numbers
63: ABB won an order worth about $30 million from Furnas Centrais Elétricas S.A. to construct a new indoor transmission substation in downtown Rio de Janeiro to power the renowned Maracanã Stadium and the adjacent neighborhood.