Naturopathic Medicine is based in the following philosophy...
Naturopathic (Nature, Natural, Holistic) Medicine is a system of health care that honors the innate healing capacity within the human body. Naturopathic doctors are trained in both conventional and natural therapies. Naturopathy utilizes a person-centered approach to health based in the philosophy of discovering and removing the underlying cause of illness. Each individual is unique and is always empowered to be an active participant in their journey to better health.
Naturopathic Medicine is based in the following principles...
- The Healing Power of Nature: The body can heal itself if you allow it to.
- Find The Cause: Remove obstacles to health.
- First Do No Harm: Minimize risk of causing harm while using the least force intervention when restoring health.
- Treat The Whole Person: Many factors affect a person's health. Wellness includes the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual balance of a person's whole being.
- Doctor as Teacher: The physician's duty is to educate people about health so that they are able to actively take responsibility own health journey.
- Prevention: Focusing on the foundations of health (diet, lifestyle, stress management, and environment) offers a person the best chance at maintaining great health and well being.
"An effort made for the happiness of others lifts above ourselves." ~Lydia M. Child