Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows 8 Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Uninstalling Samsung Recovery Solution 5

Sandyums

Likes # 0

I'm just upgrading to Windows 8 and I've had to uninstall Samsung Recovery Solution 5 beause it's not compatible. What can I have in its place?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

It's interesting, because as far as I'm aware Samsung is selling new Windows8 laptops with Samsung recovery solution installed, although the latest version is version 5.

Take a look at this and compare the version 5 build number with yours.

Like this post
uri18

Likes # 0

I also have the same probleme. But it also wants me to uninstall Easy display manager, Intel(r)proset/wireless wifi software, and samsung support center.

Like this post
Sandyums

Likes # 0

Mine asked me to uninstall those as well, but I didn't have a problem with that. How much do I need Samsung Recovery Solution?

Like this post
uri18

Likes # 0

Sandy, so you uninstall all those others and your computer still runs smoothly? or you update it them?

Like this post
djfreebs

Likes # 0

I had to uninstall the wireless pro, and I don't know what to do for wireless now?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"How much do I need Samsung Recovery Solution?"

The answer to that is probably 'not at all' if your machine is running well. I'm not familiar with the Samsung software, but I imagine that what you would be recovering is the factory install of whichever operating system was on the machine when you bought it.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Samsung Recovery Solution 3 on my XP netbook also makes drive image backups, I just did one last week. So I assume that V5 will too, but on W7 onwards, Windows can do that OK beyond the original factory setup.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

Advertisement
IDG UK Sites

LG L90 hands-on review: an excellent mid-ranged smartphone that should have the competition scared

IDG UK Sites

Arizona tech firms fight anti-gay bill and a future in a pariah state

IDG UK Sites

Why I hate Windows 8.1

IDG UK Sites

How mobile payment apps like Starbucks' have become popular