* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:42 pm

View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: My video and report of Bundy militia standoff with BLM.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:53 pm 
Archon

Fife wrote:
drtrech wrote:
For now.

I am still hopeful that there will be some uneventful arrests, speedy trials, and fair hangin's

We've talked a little about this in some other threads, and maybe this one.

WTF is Eric & Co. doing? Is there any reason on Earth that the USAs in Nevada, in the two months since the stand-off, haven't filed proper charges and gotten warrants out for at least some of these yokels yet? Are they all on some freaking convention in Vegas since April???

An AUSA can fart out a RICO indictment before breakfast, especially given what evidence we have. Flynn's done the work for them. What gives?

I didn't say my hope was well founded. I just said I'm hopeful.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:58 pm 
Hetairoi

drtrech wrote:
Fife wrote:
drtrech wrote:
For now.

I am still hopeful that there will be some uneventful arrests, speedy trials, and fair hangin's

We've talked a little about this in some other threads, and maybe this one.

WTF is Eric & Co. doing? Is there any reason on Earth that the USAs in Nevada, in the two months since the stand-off, haven't filed proper charges and gotten warrants out for at least some of these yokels yet? Are they all on some freaking convention in Vegas since April???

An AUSA can fart out a RICO indictment before breakfast, especially given what evidence we have. Flynn's done the work for them. What gives?

I didn't say my hope was well founded. I just said I'm hopeful.

I know I'm preaching to the choir. But, seriously, what the hell are they waiting around on? Anybody got a guess?

“Fife, if you keep typing stuff like this we'll lose our designated driver!” “Never, ever kick a drinking buddy like Fife down... just pour him more shots!” --Harry K
“Fife might just get his present stuffed up his chimney.” --drtrech
“Geez, Fife. A new low.” --vive42
“Meh, you read one Fife post, you've pretty much read them all.” --Smitty-48
“That smells like a Fife quote.” “Fife is on my list, but I thought I'd give him a chance this one time in about 4 months. That was a waste.” --RAnthony

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:59 pm 
Archon

Fife wrote:

I know I'm preaching to the choir. But, seriously, what the hell are they waiting around on? Anybody got a guess?

IDK. But maybe if you leak that question to a talking hair-do who knows?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:11 pm 
Archon

I don't get it at all. Maybe there is some legal issue I don't understand, but it seems to me that, with photographs of individuals pointing those rifles at law enforcement, that you have a straightforward case of (at least) brandishing. Enough to seize those weapon until the state court system can determine the sanity and competency of those persons (which I personally think was shown inadequate by virtue of pointing the guns at other people like that).

At the very least, the people who were photographed and videotaped doing that should have been charged with brandishing.

If this happened on state land, would the sheriff department not have moved to charge folks already? I have to believe they would. Most local police and sheriff departments are more than a little zealous about charging people with weapons violations, even ones many of us think are bogus.

But somehow the federal government doesn't care?

What else doesn't seem to make sense is how the print media largely has not made the connection between Justice failing to do anything about the potentially dangerous militia members in that Nevada standoff and these two people who murdered police. If it turns out that there exist images of that couple also pointing firearms at federal agents, then I really can't believe that any rational person would want Holder in that office for another day.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:55 pm 
Hetairoi

To a lot of Tea Party folks, the people at the Bundy Ranch are heroes for standing up to government oppression (i.e. Obama). If they're disarmed or imprisoned they'll be seen as courageous, patriotic martyrs, and that could lead to other people in other areas stirring up trouble. I think this is why the government is being so cautious.

Also, these people at the Bundy Ranch always have their children with them, so if there is any violence, there's a pretty good chance that some kid will get hurt. That would turn public opinion against the government.

So, the government doesn't really have any good options.

"True heroism is you, alone, in a designated workspace. True heroism is minutes, hours, days, year upon year of the quiet, precise, judicious exercise of probity and care, with no one there to see or cheer." The Pale King, by D. F. Wallace.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:00 pm 
Hetairoi

There will be arrests. There will be trials and convictions. It may take 10 years, but...

"So who the fuck are you RAnthony? Are you anything like the people you don't respond to say you are?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:05 pm 
Hetairoi

So allowing them to carve out a sovereign piece of territory is the solution in the meantime?
Out of fear that others will follow their lead... and there will be widespread insurrection. Is that seriously the state of affairs?

Isn't that a sign of a nation, or at least a state, on the brink of anarchy?

Damn... Why isn't Dan talking about this?

"Thank you so much for your assessment of my wickedness and the depth of my depravity and immersion in sin." drtrech

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:11 pm 
Archon

He didn't think is was important enough. Or Hurtare burnout.

:popcorn:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:17 pm 
Archon

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42016

Quote:
If the "right" cannot tell the difference between Bundy and Ruby Ridge, does it not behoove you as a Podcast Journalist to examine this and educate the right of this? Do you not think the Republicans won't exploit the gullible on this? The overbearing US gov't with all its tyrannical rules, regulations and laws? Or the opposite? Vascilation from the executive and thereby "soft on crime".

Isn't breaking free from the duopoly you hate so much the point of Common Sense? And educating those that are willing to listen is to only way to release them from the mental rut they are in?

I know you care more about the NSA and GG. But how can you accept open defiance of a sovereign gov't when you've covered stories that were less dangerous than this? And why does this group get the kid glove treatment when we've witnessed what the Feds are capable of.

IMO this is the more important story now. For if we let them win, we then tacitly allow people to flaunt the law. Educate the right Dan or there will be many more Bundy's to deal with.

Harry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:23 pm 
Nomarch

DrYouth wrote:
So allowing them to carve out a sovereign piece of territory is the solution in the meantime?
Out of fear that others will follow their lead... and there will be widespread insurrection. Is that seriously the state of affairs?

It's been going on even longer in the case of John Joe Grey.

"If ye love...tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands of those who feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you. May posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -Samuel Adams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:25 pm 
Hetairoi

Huffpo had this http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/12/cliven-bundy-standoff_n_5489562.html I love the way news subjects disappear without a trace when the 24 hour news stations find something else to obsess about. The Vegas shooters were poster children at the ranch http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/09/cliven-bundy-las-vegas-shooters_n_5475249.html but were asked to leave because they were "too radical".

I don't know if he is still asserting control over federal property or not. My guess is that he is, since he doesn't acknowledge federal landholding in the state. You can Google map "Bundy Ranch Bunkerville NV" but there isn't much to see.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/civilian-militia-remain-bundy-ranch-standoff-ends/story?id=23394097
Quote:
The dispute has reignited debate over BLM practices, especially where it controls vast areas of land in the West. The issue of states' rights has long been disputed in Nevada, where more than 85 percent of land is controlled by federal mark, military and land agencies.
The issue is not really clear-cut, but you don't get to point guns at federal agents and walk away. There will be a price to pay.

"So who the fuck are you RAnthony? Are you anything like the people you don't respond to say you are?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:31 pm 
Hetairoi

Myrtok wrote:
DrYouth wrote:

It's been going on even longer in the case of John Joe Grey.
I imagine the process will be similar. Cut the power. Issue warrants. Isolate him and wait for him to surrender.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:35 pm 
Hetairoi

Waleis wrote:
6:20-6:50 really pissed me off. They said that it's okay for the children to be in the line of fire, because if they get hurt it'll be the government's fault.
If I'm not mistaken, that is his wife talking.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:49 pm 
Hetairoi

RAnthony wrote:
There will be arrests. There will be trials and convictions. It may take 10 years, but...

How credulous are you, really? (I know, I know.) Do you really think that Eric and Barack are thinking: Well, let's just take the long view here. The video evidence might not be enough. If we don't knock this one out in the next two years, then Michelle or Rick will take care of these old meanies anyhoo, 10 years later, or whatever . . . ?

Something's going on, and I'll probably never get it. But something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

“Fife, if you keep typing stuff like this we'll lose our designated driver!” “Never, ever kick a drinking buddy like Fife down... just pour him more shots!” --Harry K
“Fife might just get his present stuffed up his chimney.” --drtrech
“Geez, Fife. A new low.” --vive42
“Meh, you read one Fife post, you've pretty much read them all.” --Smitty-48
“That smells like a Fife quote.” “Fife is on my list, but I thought I'd give him a chance this one time in about 4 months. That was a waste.” --RAnthony

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:41 pm 
Archon

http://atlasleft.org/gun-nut-america-sovereign-man-loses-drivers-license-carries-assault-rifle-around-town-in-protest/

Lefty blog takes a look at local 'sovereign citizen'.