4th place in CC if things keep up
AplusLax

Re: Pfeiffer Falcons 2015

New postby BilC13 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:30 pm

anyone heard about recruiting, coaches etc
BilC13

New postby laxmarmot on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:40 pm

Yes but it's a solid grip on fourth place...... For now!!!!
Your Preparation of today Determines your Achievements of Tomorrow
laxmarmot

New postby stickhead on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:41 pm

4 out of 5 aint bad!!! :lol:
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson
stickhead

New postby laxmarmot on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:51 pm

Glad to see you are a glass half full kind of guy Stick.
laxmarmot

New postby AplusLax on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:17 pm

stickhead wrote:4 out of 5 aint bad!!! :lol:

Life at the top has certain people forgetting bout the minions beneath them :snooty: :lol:

There are now 7 CC teams (Emmanuel holding on barely) :D

Didnt the falcons lose 4 out of their top 5 scorers and their AA goalie :doh:

How do you replace all that after a "disappointing" season :confusion-shrug:
AplusLax

New postby CowboyLax on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:42 pm

I am sure Duds and Lefty20 know whats going on in the village and cant wait for them to chime in! National Champs 2015!!!
CowboyLax

New postby laxmarmot on Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:51 am

Sorry Cowboy that's the Limestone thread you should be on..... :lol:
laxmarmot

New postby leftylax20 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:59 pm

First Fall Ball practice in the Village was conducted on Wednesday. 19 new faces for the Birds, several new Canadians. My insiders said both returning goalies looked outstanding and the 3 Canadian seniors looked good after another season of box under their belts. Also heard good things from the returning players being in game shape already. Heard one of the red shirts and a new comer from upstate looked really nasty as well.

Still too early to tell where this group of birds will end up this year. Lots of opportunities for rising Juniors and Sophomores to prove themselves.

Yes the birds had a disappointing end to their season but people forget they still had 3 top ten wins on their season: Fl. Southern, Seaton Hill and Lake Erie. Losing to Queens and Mt. Olive (2) during the home stretch really hurt the group as I feel they looked past those teams last year and didn't give them the respect they deserved. I'm looking for this group of Birds to make a run at the CC title with as good a shot as anyone to get to the dance.

DII South last season was crazy fun. Hoping for another season of parity, close game, and upsets.

Alumni game is scheduled for the first weekend in October, honoring the 1984 team. Spring schedule looks something like this (AKA not final); scrimmage with a DI team at their place; controlled practice / scrimmage; home dates with: Tusculum, Mars Hill, LMC, Coker, Emmanuel, St. Leo, LR, and Limestone. Away schedule: Fl. Southern, Mt. Olive, Queens, Catawba, Seaton Hill, Abby, and North Greenville.

Another note: Princeton just hired another ex-Bird on their staff. Currently 5 DI coaches with Pfeiffer as part of their resume; Cornell, NJIT, Mercer, Princeton and VMI. As well as a couple of GA's from last years team landed roles on DII / III staffs.
leftylax20

New postby VAbird14511 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:18 pm

What coaches/GA's would those be?
VAbird14511

New postby Winnerswin on Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:48 pm

Off the top of my head...Milliman @ Cornell, Brad Conlan @ NJIT, Torkington @ Mercer, Mike Murphy @ Colgate all spent some time roaming the sidelines in the Village. It is too many to list when we start getting into the DII and III teams and GA's etc. Doesn't say much about the program other than its a stop on the road for a lot of guys and no one is willing to stick around.
THE Winner
Winnerswin

New postby leftylax20 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:07 pm

This past weekend the Falcons took on the "Dirty Birds", over 40 alumni took part in the event honoring the 30th anniversary of lacrosse in the Village. Alumni came back from as far away as BC, Idaho, and Toronto. Unofficially the little birds took the game. Lots of new faces on the team, several returners that didn't get a ton of time looked really sharp and ready to what they can do. Several newbies stood out too. In Goal both keepers played well. I'm sure they'll miss old #41 in the pipes, but I think they'll be fine. There seems to be a ton on new guys from Canada and up state NY. I think this is one of their largest team in terms of numbers. It felt like every midfielder was 6'0" and 185, or maybe I'm getting old.....

I think they'll surprise several teams thinking this is a down year in the Village. Losing 70% of your scoring from LY will do that. :shhh:
On another note several athletic upgrades have happened over the summer. They're Falcon Club room in the field house is sweet. Several flat screens with the ability to stream the game in from outside. First class. Heard more strong rumors about turf and lights.... Night games in the Village should be fun. :dance:
leftylax20

Sponsor

Return to Men's - Division II