Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 10
TOPIC: Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread
Ashjwest (User)
profile icon User Offline United Kingdom flag
Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread 4 Months ago
Hi there, your welcome to get involved. The setting we are using is between the three dukedoms, near Mousillion. Take a look at the background thread for more info. Once you have your warband together you can post it in the warband thread. Have you played Mordheim much before?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
fatbat (User)

profile icon User Offline
Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread 3 Months, 4 Weeks ago
not played mordheim so some useful tips on putting the band together would be helpful! Posessed seem expensive and looking up info on how to run things they ought to have one senior monster that is expected to dish out a lot of damage... x2 claws to get an horrendous assault? (and be quickly dispatched too!)
klinktastic (User)

Welcome Fatbat! Possessed are a hard warband to build. If you look at our warbands thread, Duncoman posted one up I think here's the post http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=87&func=view&id=148751&catid=2#149667. This is actually a "group" warband that anyone can play. We are about to wrap up our game 3 in a few days. If you want to make a new one feel free, or I'm sure Dunoman could be convinced to let you adopt it.

General advice for building a warband is as follows:

1. Max out heroes - They make you the money in the Post Battle.
2. Ensure you have some "throw away" units to sacrifice to get yourself in route status so you can still walk away from a battle with most of your force intact.
3. Make sure to read out house rules (on the first page of this thread) as there are some differences that will impact your decisions on armor, 2 weapon fighting, etc.
Duncoman (User)
Welcome fatbat! As klinktastic has said, you're more than welcome to create your own possessed warband or use the one that's already in the warband thread. Check out the Fluff thread as well, there's a map of the area we're basing the campaign in and some background detail that you can use as inspiration to work your warband into. If you post any fluff, please do it in that thread, A. so that it's easily accessible (otherwise people miss it or you have to spend time going back through this thread which will doubtless become a 40/50 page monster!), and B. because it's nice to have a single thread to read through that is just fluff to interest newcomers like yourself!

klinktastic wrote:

General advice for building a warband is as follows:

1. Max out heroes - They make you the money in the Post Battle.
2. Ensure you have some "throw away" units to sacrifice to get yourself in rout status so you can still walk away from a battle with most of your force intact.
3. Make sure to read out house rules (on the first page of this thread) as there are some differences that will impact your decisions on armor, 2 weapon fighting, etc.

I'd agree with these points, particularly the first one. Max heroes is ESSENTIAL to keep up to speed with other warbands in a campaign. This typically means 5 in your starting roster which, with Possessed, means a lot of gc spent on mutants (who have to start with a mutation so might as well start with a good one!) and the possessed themselves. Other warbands have 'cheap' heroes, but the possessed don't. Whilst this is a problem early on, don't lose heart, because the Possessed are easily one of the more powerful and scary warbands out there in the later game.

klinktastic's point 3 about checking out our house rules is important too. Armour is not only cheaper, but now not only protects you during the battle, but in the post-battle sequence too. This makes it a much better defensive buy for small, elite warbands than an equivalent item like a sword in my opinion. It is all dependent on the dice of course...

If you'd like a practice battle to get used to Battle Chronicler/Dicelog/a warband before getting into the campaign proper, then there doubtless a couple of people willing to play you and walk you through how we do things! If you like the warband you use then you are welcome to count the results of that battle towards their experience/CP goals. Alternatively, if you want to dive right in, post your roster online in the warband thread I can put you in our match ups for Game 4, starting Wednesday the 23rd of April.

Whatever you decide though, we're a good group of friendly players, and about half are newcomers to the site/Mordheim online, so no matter your skill level we'll be more than happy to oblige!
2014 Bretonnian Resolution Completion: 0/9

The Muster of the Marshal (My Army Journal)

*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Sign up Today!
Duncoman (User)
Separate post for clarity, little bit of admin whilst I'm here, as Game 4 is fast approaching (my how time flies when we're playing Mordheim!).

- Unless he notifies me before 00:00 GMT Wednesday, thevoiceofjamesearljones will be placed on Hiatus
- Game 4 will be a 'standard' game, but Game 5 will be multiplayer. I was planning to increase the amount of time for a multiplayer game to three weeks (four will perhaps be too much), but thoughts welcome.

fatbat (User)

Hi -
I have downloaded the battle chronicler and the extra components along with Net 4 to run these. Confirmed the dice roller with Hamete - and posted a band.
(good job it is raining on this easter weekend otherwise it would be out in the garden instead of tapping troglodytely)

We dont care where we start off - having oozed from boiling fissures into the cool wrap of night.

I copied the Duncoman band and made some adjustments

The posessed costs are huge! a mighty warband of five..
taking your advice of lots of heroes - not enough left for followers - or useful stuff like armour - sigh*

It has been good to get out my old Mordheim book and pore over pages. 'To Serve Man' are more interested in lore than fighting - but if someone barrs their way then so be it.

there are no skills or spells allocated - do you randomise these? academics for the magister combat master for the posessed as they relish throttling opponents..

Can someone roll the experience thingies for me please !
I can then choose - or if it is a random whatsit like spells then can you again roll for me... if there are amusing turns of fate or any random chaosish tables to roll on that have taken your fancy - please use them!
fatbat (User)

been having a look at Battle Chronicler - I can happily create a band template but am lost with importing it into a scrap. sigh*

anyone got time to talk me through the setup?

Thanking you in advance.
Ashjwest (User)
Once you've created your warband in a battle chronicler file you can save the file and import it to another file. In the game details tab there is an import button were you can select a file to import a warband from.
fatbat (User)

It recognises the army list as a config file and not an army file so I cannot import or use it - I have looked at the help and examples in Battle Chronicler and now online to no avail - I shall dig further...
There are nice tutorials which tell me how to create the army (done - a few times now!) then import it which I understand - but it comes up with the error 'this is a config file...' an .xml file which - when copied still comes up with the error. Do I have to adjust the extention?
Ashjwest (User)
Save the whole battle chronicler file that you have define your list in (the .xml file) then you can import from that.
fatbat (User)

hmmm I just copied it from the config folder into the main Battlefield Chronicler folder and that seems to work.. I have set up turnipton and had a go at moving them - works nicely
Thanks!

I have a few days off after easter - if anyone has time to show me how the system works I would be most appreciative.
Last Edit: 2014/04/20 17:32 By fatbat.
spearhead4 (User)

The game between the Dwarfs and Skaven has ended, with a Skaven victory.

The Dwarfs, knowing they had no chance to keep the speedy skaven from breaking through, selected to the be the attackers (knowing that they would probably not even reach the other side before the game ended, but oh well).

Neither side proved to be very good at killing the other, but eventually, the gigantic scrum between the entirety of the two warbands went in the skaven's favor, their numbers winning out.

The lack of numbers did, however, garner me two CPs in the form of a couple dwarfs winning rounds of combat against 3 or more opponents, including my Leader (who also took two enemies OOA).

All told, it was 4 CPs for the dwarfs.

Not sure for the skaven - I think 3 but I could be wrong.
Duncoman (User)
fatbat wrote:
hmmm I just copied it from the config folder into the main Battlefield Chronicler folder and that seems to work.. I have set up turnipton and had a go at moving them - works nicely
Thanks!

I have a few days off after easter - if anyone has time to show me how the system works I would be most appreciative.

The way I create/import my warband roster is like this:
1. Set up a New battle chronicler game - this will be your 'Roster' so you don't need terrain etc.
2. 'Define' your warband (Individual models, choose a non-standard colour for ease of recognition), then press 'OK' (DON'T click close, because that doesn't save your changes)
3. Press 'OK' on the Game Details window, and save that Battle Chronicler file as something like 'Warband'.
4. Open the scenario you want to import your warband to, go to 'Edit' -> 'Game Details' and click 'Import' under one of the Armies.
5. Select the 'Warband' file and import.

I have Tuesday/Wednesday free, so PM me the email address you're using for the campaign and we can go through Battle Chronicler/dicelog and get you some gametime into the bargain.

spearhead, sorry to hear it was another loss. Skaven are always tricksy opponents with numbers and speed on their side, and Breakthrough is not exactly an ideal scenario for the Dwarfs... Another entry into your treasure hunter's book of grudges, although the extra CP is a nice bonus!

So far I'm happy with how people are accruing CP, as even if you lose a game it's possible to gain more CP than your opponent by being brave and heroic, which is what I want it to be doing. Any thoughts on the system/rates of acquisition, good or bad, are welcome.

Ashjwest (User)
I like how the CP system works. The extra bonus's for fighting on combined with OOA heroes exploration really makes things more interesting

Thanks to Eric for taking over from thevoice to finish my game 3. The breakthrough scenario ended with a hard fought victory for the beastmen, with all 5 of my warhounds and my shaman going OOA. This led to me losing one warhound and the shaman suffering multiple injuries; old battle wound, madness(stupidity) and horrible scars .

I earned 3CP for the battle (Played, Won and took enemy leader OOA) and the Blood Dragons earned 2CP (Played, Won a round of CC against 3 opponents)

If thevoice does decide to continue here is his post game:

Vampire injury - Robbed (Loses all equipment)

Dreg injury - Bitter Enemy - Hates Warrgan the Render

The Squire of the Crypt and Bloodhound 3 died.

Exploration 3 3 6 = 12 Found 3 treasures and a sword on a corpse.

The Vampire earned 4 xp (Survival, 2 enemies OOA, 1 underdog)

Everyone else earned 2 xp (Survival, 1 underdog)

Looking forward to game 4!
Ackermanus (User)
The game between the Brigands and the Lahmian vampires ended. At first, there was a series of ineffective shooting (including shields, with their meager 6+ saves against ranged fire, saving two out of three wounds!) between the two warbands. The melee got bloody quickly however, mostly due to that random chance striking back and a series of dagger attacks inflicting critical injuries and bypassing armour.

Red's warband received 3 CP (Playing, Winning and the Leader defeating an enemy hero in hth) while Alexandra's received 1CP.
Go to top Post Reply