Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 10
TOPIC: Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread
fatbat (User)

profile icon User Offline
Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread 1 Year, 9 Months ago
More Questions... Interception - can people clarify how this works and when it is not applicable please.

My reading is that a charger can only be intercepted by an enemy model when the charger rushes past it and the intercepting model has to be within 2" and in front of the target model.

It doesnt count for interception if the potential intercepting model is behind the target- or does it? if it is within 2" and behind the target can it intercept? I would suggest no as it is not in the frontal corridor.

I have thought of the intercepter as sticking its leg out - a bit like a rugby 'clothesline' move by a static player

If you are allowing gentlemanly 'swings' into contact then you may be able to bypass a potential intercept along the route with agreement.

cheers!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
klinktastic (User)

Well charging requires you to take the shorted, most direct path to the charged target. Therefore you cannot swing really. I've seem people intercept if the model is within 2" but from behind, it just has to be 1.9" from the front of the model you want to defend, since you ned some room to actually make it in there. That would be contingent on the setting and terrain and other models though. If you don't fit, than you couldn't intercept I wouldn't think.
klinktastic (User)

Also, we finished our game just now, but probably need a day to finish post games and such.
fatbat (User)

so anywhere which is within 2" of the charger's route - which could be from behind the charger to start or up to 2" beyond where he stops!

I was going by the diagram which indicates it is only the corridor between the two. swift change of tactics for me.

Thanks folks!
Last Edit: 2014/07/08 23:07 By fatbat.
fatbat (User)

looking at the attribute improvements - there are a bevvy of feeble increases and a few useful ones (BS Str Tough Wounds Att) if your heroes gain a few of the useful ones then they become combat monsters.

Has anyone considered doubling up on the feeble ones to compensate for their feebleness? I presume ther have been debates along this lines before.

this would have the effect that the racial max would be reached quickly if you were (un)lucky enough to accumulate leadership Weapon skill or initiative rolls so you then reroll and hope to learn something useful!

they are not useless but are pretty weak in comparison to the useful attribute increases. I understand there are house rules that if you gain lots of skills you can reroll if you get further ones - is there a house rule in place for these feeble attributes?

I see weapon skill Initiative and Leadership as pretty feeble - they have their uses but only once in a blue moon compared to the rest which all greatly improve combat.

looking forward to the next games - any catch-ups available?
klinktastic (User)

fatbat wrote:
looking at the attribute improvements - there are a bevvy of feeble increases and a few useful ones (BS Str Tough Wounds Att) if your heroes gain a few of the useful ones then they become combat monsters.

Has anyone considered doubling up on the feeble ones to compensate for their feebleness? I presume ther have been debates along this lines before.

this would have the effect that the racial max would be reached quickly if you were (un)lucky enough to accumulate leadership Weapon skill or initiative rolls so you then reroll and hope to learn something useful!

they are not useless but are pretty weak in comparison to the useful attribute increases. I understand there are house rules that if you gain lots of skills you can reroll if you get further ones - is there a house rule in place for these feeble attributes?

I see weapon skill Initiative and Leadership as pretty feeble - they have their uses but only once in a blue moon compared to the rest which all greatly improve combat.

WS, I, and LD are only feeble in certain situations. WS is actually quite good given our house rule for 2 weapon fighting, and increasing it can change your to hit chance by 1/6 if you have the greater number. I is actually insanely good in a more traditional Mordheim format, where your units are climbing, jumping, and all sorts of other things I is needed for. Additionally, after the first round of combat, I dictates the combat order, which is huge because you can get the first attacks in. Ld is definitely one of the worst stats except if your leader gets it, then it's one of the best stats you can get. I don't think we should double up the gain.

There is a house rule, just not yet formalized, that Ash proposed that if your model has 3 skills and gets a 4th skill, you can elect to reroll for a stat I believe. Also worth noting, once your model gets maximum stats for the model profile, if you roll that stat again, you can select the stat you want to increase.
LazyPapa (User)
As the holliday is approchin, I will be absent from home for three weeks, and supectr that internet coverage will be scarce, so i will not be able to play untill august I recon. That meens I will have to drop a game or two.

Just as I was back to 6 heroes...
klinktastic (User)

LazyPapa wrote:
As the holliday is approchin, I will be absent from home for three weeks, and supectr that internet coverage will be scarce, so i will not be able to play untill august I recon. That meens I will have to drop a game or two.

Just as I was back to 6 heroes...

Well enjoy the holiday! You Europeans and you insanely long holidays! I'm sure we can get you a catchup game when you return, so you'll be caught up in no time.
Duncoman (User)
profile icon User Offline United Kingdom flag
I is actually pretty good even in this campaign when combined with skills/items that need it to be effective- I, for example, now have a Witch Hunter Captain with a Crossbow Pistol (S4 shot when charged), Lightning Reflexes(removes the 'Strikes First' benefit of charging) and I5. This guy's striking before most people, even if charged, and has extra attacks into the bargain.

Now, if only I could roll half decent dice...
The Muster of the Marshal (My Army Journal)
Ashjwest (User)
I agree with what klinktastic and Duncoman have said. The random chance element is a large part of the game.

I'd like to make the skill house rule official if everyone agrees.
klinktastic (User)

Ashjwest wrote:
I agree with what klinktastic and Duncoman have said. The random chance element is a large part of the game.

I'd like to make the skill house rule official if everyone agrees.

3 skills gives you the option to take the skill or elect to reroll? I'm down with that.
Ashjwest (User)
Yeah, it can get tedious being bogged down with too many skills.

I've just sent my proposal for game 8 over to Duncan to see what he thinks so we should be posting it up soon.
Duncoman (User)
I'm happy with this house ruling - just to clarify it is once you roll up your 4th skill you can elect to re-roll. So you will have to have at least 3 skills already to take advantage.

Once this is agreed I'll add it to the campaign ruleset. Is there anything else we could add there whilst I'm doing the job?
The Muster of the Marshal (My Army Journal)
Ashjwest (User)
I can't think of anything else at the moment.
Ashjwest (User)
Game 8 - Rumours of Vengeance

"Blood has been spilt freely in the three dukedoms. Conflicts rage everywhere. Dark powers are at work. The fluctuations in the areas magical resonances caused by Teesla's experiments have stirred things, things that were best left buried. An ancient sentience has awoken, a weapon of incredible power, greed, and hate. Rumour has it that a number of shards of this ancient and cursed weapon have been found by local peasants. Peasants that have been driven mad by its power. The fate of Vengeance is not to be wielded by peasants, and bolder heroes must claim these shards. Whether to use them for evil, to try and turn them to the forces of good, or simply to turn them to a profit. But Vengeance, even in its broken state, is not a weapon who wishes to be taken easily..."

Terain

A collection of 8 buildings, representing the peasants village. Placed in the centre of the map.
These buildings are all boarded up and locked therefore require you to follow the EiF rules for a locked building These all begin the game "occupied" (see the table below)

Whenever an experience gaining model enters an occupied building roll on the following table. If an experience gaining model is in an occupied building at the start of a turn they must also roll on the table. Any model that is not capable of gaining experience, that is in an occupied building, must pass a strength test or be hit with one strength 3 hit.

Occupied buildings table.

Roll 1D6 and add the models strength, the current turn number, +1 if the model is a hero and +2 if the model is the warband leader and consult the following table;

1 - 10 - The peasants are enraged at your intrusion. All manner of pots, pans, stones, beer tankards and other objects are thrown in your direction. The model is hit with d3+1 Strength 3 hits *. Add +2 to any subsequent rolls on this table for this building (not cumulative).

11 - 14 - The peasants make a desperate effort to remove you from your property. The model is hit with d3 strength 3 hits *. Add +2 to any subsequent rolls on this table for this building (not cumulative).

15 - 19 - The peasants attack you with the last of there courage. The model is hit with d3-1 strength 3 hits *. You manage to route/destroy the remainder of the maddened peasants. Unfortunately, after a quick search, the building is empty. This building is now unoccupied, no further rolls on this table are required.

20+ You've found the shard of Vengeance hidden in the building! Place a counter for the shard next to the model and count him as having found it. Knowing that the shard has been captured the remaining peasants flee to safety, all buildings become unoccupied. The shard has yet to manifest it's true power and counts as a carried token for the remainder of the game (shards will be randomly determined after the end of the games)

(These rules replace the standard rules for occupied buildings)

* These hits are a mixture of close combat and missile hits. All skills and special rules that apply a situation bonus also apply to these hits (ie Resilient, Step Aside, Dodge, Lucky Charms, Hand weapon and Shield armour save bonus etc.) In addition any hero that has one of the following skills may reduce the number of hits by one (not cumulative, only one hit may be discarded);

Combat Master
Pit Fighter
Strongman
Unstoppable Charge
Lightning Reflexes

Warbands

Both players roll a D6 to see who deploys first. Whoever rolls highest sets up first, within 8" of the table edge of his choice. His opponent then sets up within 8" of the opposite edge.

Starting the game

Both players roll a D6. The highest scoring player takes the first turn.

Ending the game

The game ends when one warband fails its Rout test. The routers automatically lose.

Experience

+1 Survives.If a Hero or a Henchman group survives the battle they gain 1 Experience.

+1 Winning Leader.The leader of the winning warband gains +1 Experience.

+1 Per Enemy Out of Action. Any Hero earns +1 Experience for each enemy he puts out of action.

+2 Finding the shard. Any hero or henchmen that finds the shard of Vengeance gains + 2 experience

Match Ups

Witch Hunters (Duncoman) Vs Beastmen (Ash)

Orcs and Goblins (klinktastic) Vs Possessed (fatbat)

Chapel Guard (LordNecro) Vs Lahmian Undead (lastsurvivor)

I've left out Hellkite and LazyPapa as both have said they wouldnt be able to make this game. If either of you change your mind let me know and we can arrange another match up.
Last Edit: 2014/07/12 20:55 By Ashjwest.
Go to top Post Reply