Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 10
TOPIC: Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread
klinktastic (User)

profile icon User Offline
Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread 4 Months ago
Just sent you an email. I'm finished with my match for the week. We have 2 days to finish this one to be prepped and ready for week 4.
Last Edit: 2014/04/14 14:36 By klinktastic.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Ashjwest (User)
profile icon User Offline United Kingdom flag
Welcome back lastsurvivor!

More undead! At least my warband has high leadership... oh wait maybe not. Garlic anyone?

Not sure which list you are looking at, here's the list I've looked at

Lahmian Warband

It does say in there that you can only ever have 5 heroes. It looks like you've got 6 in your list.

"A Lahmian warband must consist of at least three models. You have 500gc to recruit and equip your initial warband. The maximum number of warriors in the warband may never exceed 15. The warband may contain no more than 5 heroes at any time."

I'd say this accounts for they're hire cost and two 20 xp heroes.

I also prefer the updated whip rules.

Sorry to hear the knights didn't do too greatly. The blazing saddles rules are very harsh on mounted heroes.

One thing I think we should have is a list of the active players CP total (maybe everyone who has played at least 50% of they're allocated games). That way new warbands can start with say the same CP as the lowest player and not be too far behind. Are we still entertaining the idea of underdog based Bertha style characters helping out the underdog?

Klinktastic, we've actually changed the game time to fortnightly now so game three ends on the 23rd. So you should have plenty of time to get a game in.
klinktastic (User)

Damn, one game per 2 weeks means that I will want to run 2 warbands to keep with my desires to play a lot!!!
Ashjwest (User)
Yeah I know what you mean. Having spare warbands is quite good for this, at least that way if you want and have time to play more than one game each fortnight you can, but then can just to play one game per week if your busy.
klinktastic (User)

I feel like the fortnight frequency might be too slow and we might lose player engagement if it's too long between games.
vladamex (User)

+1 for the faster (weekly) cadence!
klinktastic (User)

Maybe a 10 day cycle or something could work if people need just a little extra time. Plus these early campaign matches seem to be quick as people aren't willing to risk it all for the win early as they try and develop their units.
Duncoman (User)
I understand where people are coming from RE: game length, but I would rather have a long period that enables everyone to complete their games, despite busy schedules, than a short one that races past before people have a chance to react.

I, for example, work two jobs freelance and part-time, and as such I have had an intensely busy week which is gong to be followed by a quiet one. Therefore my ability to play the game is different week to week. Running it over the 14-day cycle makes it easier for me to do what I need to do IRL whilst keeping enough time aside for the campaign. I would love for the campaign to happen weekly, but, as we found out, the games just can't be completed in the time period allocated.
2014 Bretonnian Resolution Completion: 0/9

The Muster of the Marshal (My Army Journal)

*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Sign up Today!
Hi Ashjwest. Thanks to catch the 5 heros rule. I usually skipped those line because they are the same, but not this one, lol

So, I'm going to use the updated whip rule. As for the heros, the warband can only have 5 hero max. Should the 10GC addition hire cost still apply? Just want to make sure
Duncoman (User)
As we're only working with 5 heroes, I'd say 5GC. Party because Blood sisters reduce the problems with Undead warbands losing their leader and having to replace them, but also because it makes the necromancer at least the cost he would be in a standard warband.

The extra cost of the other avaliable heroes help to balance this out.
2014 Bretonnian Resolution Completion: 0/9

The Muster of the Marshal (My Army Journal)

*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Sign up Today!
Got it, going to fix it after work then I'm ready to play against klinktastic
Ackermanus (User)
So I've decided to go with the Bretonnian Brigands (link at the end of the post). Will go for a robin-hood-esque fluff, most likely, since I was hoping to play a warband not lead by a bloodthirsty monster this time round . Hard to keep track of who's playing whom, but if anyone has less than three games played, or would be kind enough to play with a one-time warband, the brigands would be up for a fight!

Oh, and as for the ill-fated knight warband, the problem wasn't so much mounts not being that useful (although at 80 gc they certainly are too expensive: but since the chapel guards get them at 40 gc, they are fair enough price-wise), it's that having such a small warband pretty much narrows your tactics.
Due to the way charges and charge interceptions work, without numbers or ranged fire the two games I played were somewhat reduced to (on my part) "charge and hope for the best", with positioning resting mostly on the opponent.
Again, it was fun to try it out, but if I ever decide to play with a small, elite warband again, I'll go for a more versatile one, like say which hunters.

Brigands Link
http://web.archive.org/web/20050324091156/http://www.strike-to-stun.com/Mousillon/warbands/brigand.htm
klinktastic (User)

The Brigands look like a decent mix of ranged and combat. A fear causing leader is always good as well.
klinktastic (User)

Also, we need more fluff from the warbands!!!
klinktastic (User)

Anyone interested in an all greenskin battle for green supremacy?
Go to top Post Reply