Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 10
TOPIC: Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread
Duncoman (User)
profile icon User Offline United Kingdom flag
Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread 2 Months ago
I think 5'x5' is acceptable - keeps the 'squareness' of the 4'x4' but gives that extra bit of space.
2014 Bretonnian Resolution Completion: 0/9

The Muster of the Marshal (My Army Journal)

*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Sign up Today!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Duncoman (User)
Anyone else struggling to access mordheimer.com today? I'm getting a domain name expiry notice.

I really hope that hasn't happened, it was a great resource.

Just tried and it is down. Hopefully it will back up soon even thought I don't go there too often.
klinktastic (User)

profile icon User Offline
Are all 4 players rolling deployment and first turn separately or just one roll per side. Also, are we having 2 deployment zones (north and south) or are we having 4 deployment zones?
fatbat (User)

n - s shirley? though setup winner could choose e/w opposition then set up opposite

n s e w would be for a x4 player...

once this is completed To Serve Man would like a catch-up game ... anyone still got a game in hand to play?
I do feel a little like the last one in the shop - unless noone liked the scary ogre? - vicious hired swords seem all the rage now. by the way - my ogre was slaughtered... so you can come and play. I am really looking forward to the underdog bonus - unless we all ge killed...
klinktastic (User)

fatbat wrote:
n - s shirley? though setup winner could choose e/w opposition then set up opposite

n s e w would be for a x4 player...

Well it is a 4 player game. Just because the teams are allied, doesn't necessitate that they've come in on the same front.
Duncoman (User)
I think it's reasonable to presume 4-sided deployments, as per the rules in Chaos in the Streets - each member of the alliance rolling separately - after all that gives you some interesting conundrums with turn order and the like (A is stunned and could be charged and taken OOA by B, shall I do the 'good' thing and move my model C up to intercept or use A's death as an opportunity to counter-charge B?)

And don't call me Shirley.

Quick note for the guys I'm in a game with, I won't be available during the day today but should be able to get on dicelog late thisevening to sort out rolls etc. if someone wants to set us going?
Last Edit: 2014/06/16 06:43 By Duncoman.

fatbat (User)

.. and that's what you get for being a smartypants knowitall... sigh* soz guys I rushed to an assumption and bleated.

On a more practical note can Hellkite roll for my start position Ta!
vladamex (User)

Duncoman wrote:
I think it's reasonable to presume 4-sided deployments, as per the rules in Chaos in the Streets - each member of the alliance g separately - after all that gives you some interesting conundrums with turn order and the like (A is stunned and could be charged and taken OOA by B, shall I do the 'good' thing and move my model C up to intercept or use A's death as an opportunity to counter-charge B?)

If we are to do 2 vs. 2 fight and we want to avoid 2 guys ganging up on one of the opponents (this was my impression from the earlier posts) it might be prudent to have the 2 allied players either share the same side of the board, or have the adjacent sides of the board. Otherwise, I'd think that focusing 2-1 and eliminating one of the opponents would probably be the slamdunk option, especially for the fast CC warbands.

P.S. Mordheimer.com is down for me too. What a shame - it was an excellent resource!
Last Edit: 2014/06/16 18:13 By vladamex.
klinktastic (User)

If we wanted to share deployment zones, it probably would have been more prudent to make the maps 4"x6" then? I can see it both ways. Deploying on opposite sides (N&S vs E&W) means that both allies will be trying to converge and pincer one of the warbands, but both will be doing it so it's not like it's unbalancing. If deployment are sharing a side (N&E, vs S&W) then it will make a more unified approach, but still could be a slight pincer approach, angling toward one.

Ultimately, regardless of the deployment zoning, everyone within the game will share the same circumstances so it should even out.
fatbat (User)

Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago
Will people be around over the weekend to start and mayhaps finish the team game?

I am available - Hellkite will roll for our startups and as I have sent him my warband he can kindly do the setup for me too! simples!

my pooter has had connection problems so I am cobbling things together and I dont want it to drop out part way through me completing a move and holding up the game.

However, the diceroller seems robust and reliable (strange) so if in desperate straits I can transmit orders - sigh*

I see we are up against 2x human bands so we can say as we chew on tongues in cheek that To Serve Man is indeed a cookbook - only quesetion is.. fried or boiled?
fatbat (User)

Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago
do the posessed models have a bigger base than standard 20mm? (I know the ogre should be a 35mm square and gets in the way) but in photos the posessed seem bigger than the standard 20mm -

can the posessesed use dark venom on their claw?
as far as i know, possessed only not allowed to use weapon and armour. they can use use all other items (including poison). and they should be the same size as other regular models
Duncoman (User)
Poison counts as equipment, so yes, you can stick poison on your Possessed.

Couple of things I need to mention - firstly that The Shadow Warriors have, with many thanks to Vlad, been replaced in the campaign by the Pirates. We've tried to make it as 1:1 a change as possible, so the Pirates have kept the xp/advances of the Shadow Warriors.

Secondly, the GM's have decided that if anyone wishes to take a Skill or item that is not in the main Mordheim Rule Book or Empire in Flames, they should post here to ask for everyone's opinion/okay on it. With the numerous varied sources and unofficial/duplicated items and skills out there (I think I've found 3 sets of rules for Whips) it makes life easier if we are certain of agreement on the rules for anything taken.

Thanks for your time and enjoy your games everyone!

fatbat (User)

How do you go about killing a mount? Mounts are really nasty in a charge and I would like to target it rather than the rider - the rider is usually much tougher but gets the charge bonus and the extra move on top of the mount's own attack.

at extreme range there would be a random hit but at close range you ought to be able to choose target

would there be a difference between missile and cc to hit the mount?

One useful spell would be to control the mount with Lure of Chaos as this spell will probably work on the mount far more effectively on the mount as it will use its LD not the Commander LD vs the spell. could you get it to 'whoa Boy!' to flip the rider - or attack the rider....

when it dies is it treated as a henchman lost on a 1, and lose any barding like a henchman?

and.... you get a +1 for killing an enemy model... and does it count as an extra warband member - fighting dogs do!

Or is it treated as an expensive (90gc) +1 attack and bonus move?

Cheers!
Go to top Post Reply