Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 10
TOPIC: Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread
fatbat (User)

profile icon User Offline
Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread 1 Year, 9 Months ago
treasure hunt! ace! I notice that totting up the figures you can achieve a 20 by around turn 6-8 ish. I presume the winner will gain the field and the shard so routing the opposition would be the easiest way to do things!

It would be a neat twist if you have to find the shard and if your opposition routs you dont find it!

Also - are we using kills by the evil house peasants reduce the size of your warband and so reduce your rout numbers - rather than causing you a rout test?
So only the opposition warband can cause a rout?
else you may get routed by surly house-denizens.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Ashjwest (User)
profile icon User Offline United Kingdom flag
Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread 1 Year, 9 Months ago
fatbat wrote:
treasure hunt! ace! I notice that totting up the figures you can achieve a 20 by around turn 6-8 ish. I presume the winner will gain the field and the shard so routing the opposition would be the easiest way to do things!

It would be a neat twist if you have to find the shard and if your opposition routs you dont find it!

Also - are we using kills by the evil house peasants reduce the size of your warband and so reduce your rout numbers - rather than causing you a rout test?
So only the opposition warband can cause a rout?
else you may get routed by surly house-denizens.

That is exactly what happens. The shard has to be found, if your opponent routes before the shard is found then neither warband gets a shard. There shouldn't be too much risk of having the warbands rout one another before the searching takes place as there will be 8 buildings separating the forces.

For the casualties from peasant attacks and rout tests. The idea is to impose an eminent risk of searching the buildings. Obviously this risk is amplified for weaker models (henchmen). Coupled with the bonuses for heroes/leaders searching I think that it encourages you to use your strongest members to search. (Which is representative of Vengeance desiring the strongest hero to weild it) Therefore casualties from peasants do count towards your 25% OOA for Rout tests.

I'm going to add a note on the peasants attacks, which benefits heroes with certain skills.
klinktastic (User)

Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread 1 Year, 8 Months ago
Do you also win if you find the shard and get it off the map? Or do you have to route your opponent?
Ashjwest (User)
I did think about the possibility of allowing people to grab the shard and run off the map with it but it didn't go with the whole strongest/best theme I was going with for Vengeance. So yes, you have to rout your enemy to win. I feel that this helps to make things interesting when coupled with the risk of damage from the peasants.
klinktastic (User)

Well fatbat and I have concluded the game. It was super bad luck for fatbat on turn 1, when both of his possessed suffered a wound each in houses. I followed up with deadly magic and shooting that push him back for me to snag a Shard and come away with a win at minimal losses.
Ashjwest (User)
That was a quick game. Congrats on the win, I'll be randomly determining which shards are which once all three games have concluded.
klinktastic (User)

Ashjwest wrote:
That was a quick game. Congrats on the win, I'll be randomly determining which shards are which once all three games have concluded.

Yeah, we were readily available to play through it. That said, I think Fatbat has a spare game he needs to play to be at 8 games with his possessed.
Hellkite (User)
Hey Guys,

On my way home, likely back home in a couple of days after stops. Looking forwards to getting back into things!

Cheers,

Hellkite
Duncoman (User)
The battle between the GM's rages on, although I can't believe it'll be for much longer - with it just coming around to Turn 9, all but one house searched and 2 on +2 to find, we're both taking rout tests, what with my warband having lost 8 members and Ash's 6.

My persistent inability to wound anything continues to be a source of much distress to myself.

How's the Third Game coming along?
The Muster of the Marshal (My Army Journal)
LordNecro8000 (User)

Holy cow, you guys are really dealing blows to one another! The vampires and I are still only on turn 1. It was a good first turn for me, I OOA'ed one blood slave and knocked down a Thrall.
Hellkite (User)
Right, time to sort out various post games, then I'll be ready to get back on the roster.
Hellkite (User)
Buccari Caravans are now open! Currently selling;

2 Lucky Charms,

1 Mordheim Master Map

Any offers can be presented to me during your post game, and we can work something out from there.
klinktastic (User)

@Hellkite - A couple things there, first, Hired Swords roll on the hero advancement chart, therefore they cannot become heroes. So the bounty hunter's roll of a 10, is just a skill. However, your sellsword's advancement original roll of 11 is good for a LGT advancement, so he will become a hero. When you advance with LGT, you get an additional advancement roll, so the follow-up roll you made thinking you had 6 heroes already of a 7, would be your heroic advancement.
Ashjwest (User)
The game between me and Duncoman has ended with a victory for the beastmen. Unfortunately neither of us found the shard.

I'm still down a game from game 6, does anyone fancy a catch up game?
Last Edit: 2014/07/20 12:40 By Ashjwest.
fatbat (User)

Posessed need a catch-up. the Witch Hunters had offered and as they dont all cause fear (congratulations on hitting 20CP!) they would be the preferred option but if you have time Ash..

When does 'Lure of Chaos' kick in? does the ensorcelled figure act in the casting player's turn or in its own turn phase? It gets a LD save to start then one at the beginning of its own warband phase. I would suggest it moves/fights in the casting player phase - as if it is one of the caster's friendly elements. (not that the spell has ever gone off...) In effect the casting player takes it over?

if it is in contact with one of its own original band then it can attack.
Last Edit: 2014/07/20 22:50 By fatbat.
Go to top Post Reply