bill14
Mensajes publicados: 16

Re: replace hard drive on an acer aspire v5-571p-6400

try manualslib.com for a 571P service and repair manual

Regular Visitor
VBTech
Mensajes publicados: 2

It is no more difficult to pull apart then any other laptop without a HDD easy access cover. You have to Remove:

The battery

All the screws from the bottom of the laptop "all the same size"

The keyboard with a small percision flat head  starting at the top and gently prying the keyboard forward and up to pull the clips

All the screws under the keyboard

and finally the cables for power button, keyboard, keyboard lights, and mouse pad.

Lift the top peice of the laptop and there you go

Visitor
windechavez
Mensajes publicados: 1

[ Editado ]

I have an aspire v5-571-6499.  I purchased it in Dec 2012.  The hard drive had problems from the get go...although I attributted it to me getting used to Windows 8 OS.  

Now, 9 1/2 months later... after rebooting it twice and having error messages stating that the windows updater was corrupted... it finally died.  Acer has replaced my hard drive, I received it today with the recovery disks.  

[edited to comply with guidelines]

Best, Winde

Visitor
mynamegoeshere
Mensajes publicados: 1

I just replaced mine for a SSD drive and it was relatively simple. The trick part is that you have to remove the keyboard first, there are several screws on the top cover below the keyboard that hold the bottom even after you remove all the bottom screws. The keyboard is easy to remove, it is a snap-in panel, just have to insert a very thin prying flat tool and lift around the edges carefully. There are two flat ribbon connectors that can be detached and the keyboard comes out completelly, then remove the screws and disconect one more ribbon cable that is bridging the bottom to the top.

The bottom cover then comes off easily and you can service anything, without damage. You do not need to remove the RAM or the battery as suggested elswhere, you don't have to force pry anything either, yes lots of screws (about 30 in total) but you end up with 3 parts. 1. Bottom cover with circuits and motehrboard 2. Top Cover with other circuits, screen and touch pad  3. Keyboard by itself. The hard drive is fits neatly nested in a space on the bottom cover and easily removed.       

Visitor
mavericksun

With the new SSD did you reinstall Windows 8? How did you get it to re-install? external drive?

Regular Visitor
Snowshoe
Mensajes publicados: 4

If you access the link http://yepair.com/guias/guia-de-reparacion-portatil-disco-duro-hd-acer-aspire-v5-571/

using Google Chrome, there is an option at the top of the page to translate it into English. Not sure if Firefox or IE provide this option.

Some notes on the procedure:

1. Remove the battery before doing anything. The release is a bit weird if you haven't done it before. The user manual is of no help except to point out where the release lever is. You can stick a small Philips in the release "hole" and move the lever sideways to remove the battery. I can't believe how small the battery is. No wonder the battery life is not great on these machines.

2. I have a V5-571P and  the screws were slightly different. I believe there were fewer screws on the bottom of mine and six instead of five screws under the keyboard. I still don't think you need to remove ALL the screws on the bottom but I ended up doing it anyway.

3. The keyboard does not just easily pop off. You need something quite thin (like a sharp knife or even long fingernails might do it) to get it initially separated in one spot. Once it is separated in one place, SLOWLY remove it little-by-little going around the keyboard. You'll hear popping sounds as it releases.

4. Remember the keyboard is attached to the motherboard by two fragile flex cables remove the keyboard slowly so you don't rip the cables.

5. If you haven't dealt with these flex cables before (there are four - two on the keyboard, track pad, and power switch) you might want to ask someone who is familiar with them to help. This is the most sensitive and critical part of the procedure. It's not hard if you know what you're doing. The wide keyboard connector disconnects differently than the others. You can't just pull on the flex cables. You must flip "the release" on each connector before unplugging the flex cable. I will try to describe how to release the cables on a V571P. Yours may be slightly different.

a. Wide keyboard flex cable - on each side of the connector push gently on the black part toward the back (LCD side) of the laptop. You can then unplug the flex cable.

b. Narrow flex cables - Use your fingernail to gently pull up on the underside of the part of the connector that is closest to the flex cable. You can then can unplug the flex cable.

6. I didn't have to remove the power switch flex cable. If you don't move the top metal plate too much when lifting it up (last step in order to get access to the hard drive) you can leave it connected.

7. The disk drive replacement is the easiest part but when you pull the original drive out do it SLOWLY as the connector is attached to the motherboard with a cable. It's not a typical SATA connector soldered to the motherboard.

7. When re-installing the keyboard, push hard all around the edges until it is completely snapped back in place.

Notes on cloning the internal drive to your new drive:

1. I used Macrium Reflect free cloning/backup (gets very good reviews). 

2. Before removing the original drive, I cloned it to an SSD that I put in an external USB case.

3. If you are upgrading to an SSD, you are most likely cloning the larger original drive to a smaller SSD. Note there are 6 partitions on a V5-571(p) disk drive. You need to leave 5 of the partitions the same size as the original drive. You need to then re-size (shrink) the main partition (partition 4) so it fits on the new smaller SSD (in the opposite case you would increase the size of partition 4 if you're upgrading to a larger drive). Cloning software generally can't automatically do this for you as it doesn't know which partitions to leave alone and which to re-size.

4. Macrium allows you to do this re-sizing but it's not really straightforward the first time. After selecting the clone, you will only have partitions 1-4 showing on the SSD (this is all before the actual clone operation is started). You then need to shrink the size of the main partition 4 in order to get partitions 5 & 6 to fit. Too much to describe here but the key is using the link at the bottom of the main screen - "Cloned Partition Properties".  You can use other cloning apps but most likely you will have to perform similar partition re-sizing before starting the clone process.

Regular Visitor
Snowshoe
Mensajes publicados: 4

Oooh I missed this one. Here is a teardown video of a V5-571P. Remember this is a teardown and he is removing more than you need to replace the hard drive. Also remember the screw placements and numbers may be different on your laptop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wdioOF3Ryo

Visitor
aungsithu
Mensajes publicados: 3

[ Editado ]

what  is that?? you guys put in cheep hdd, and there no instruction, ur mfg of device make complacated.. this is crap.. 

[edited to comply with guidelines]

Regular Visitor
LaptopGuy

Here's another Acer Aspire V5 disassembly guide.

http://www.insidemylaptop.com/disassembly-guide-for-acer-aspire-v5/

Explains how to remove the bottom cover and disconnect the hard drive. 

Bienvenido

No eres miembro?   Registrarse
Ayuda
Idioma:
Usuario Destacado

Invitamos a todos los participantes de la comunidad a darle Kudos a IVAN_PC. Nuestro amigo IVAN_PC ha participado, colaborado y ayudado a los demás miembros de la comunidad Acer.

Frequent Contributor

¿Sabía usted?

Acer Comunidad también está disponible en los siguientes idiomas: