The latest patch to Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is here with some major changes to game balance.
Making good on the promise to nerf System Hack, developer Sledgehammer Games has released the latest patch to Advanced Warfare to do just that, and much more.
The patch is out now on Xbox platforms, with PlayStation 4 and PC to follow later in the week. We’re going to post the most notable changes below, but you can always consult the full list of notes through the official site.
Weapon Balancing Updates
- HBRa3: max damage range increased
- AE4: reduce recoil, increase number of shots before overheating
- EPM3: reduce recoil
- Tac-19: max damage range increased, reduced spread when using Gung-Ho
- Removed skull HUD element from System Hack Scorestreak UI effect
- Adjusted the score value the System Hack Scorestreak
- Adjusted the view of the XS1 Vulcan Killcam
- Fixed a rare occurrence of the Goliath Drop Pod getting stuck after colliding with an air-based Scorestreak
- Fixed a rare occurrence of the Orbital Care Package getting stuck after colliding with an air-based Scorestreak
- Fixed a rare issue where a player could become “invisible” when calling in a Scorestreak
- Fixed a rare issue where a players HUD would become blurry when using a co-op Scorestreak
Game Mode Specific Updates
- Adjusted various spawning logic for Capture the Flag game mode
- Adjusted various spawning logic for Momentum game mode
- Fixed issue where the CTF flag was unresponsive to players that were on top of the flag when it spawned
- Fixed an issue with the CTF flag not returning if a player was standing on top of the spawn point
- Addressed rare issue where CTF flag was not being returned immediately
- Fixed issues with planting the bomb after attempting to swap weapons in Search and Destroy
- Adjusted dynamic event timing in Search and Destroy & Search and Rescue
- Adjusted various spawning logic for Uplink game mode
- Uplink Satellite Drone now freezes when round timer ends
- Adjusted passing distance for the Uplink Satellite Drone
- Fixed an issue where going out of bounds on certain areas of the map would cause the Uplink Satellite’s physics to behave strangely upon reset
- Randomized loadouts to survivors in Infected
The patch accompanied the launch of the Havoc DLC pack, which is out now for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on Xbox 360 and Xbox One, with remaining platforms to follow a month later. The DLC pack adds four new multiplayer maps and the Exo Zombies mode. Our Call of Duty expert Dave Cook found it well worth your time.