- Added full-text, saved searches. Every user can have one saved search for free. You can buy unlimited saved searches using in-app purchase. (If you do not want to support a poor, hardworking iOS developer, you can hide the in-app purchase button by going to Sunstroke's settings in Settings.app.)
- Steamrolled the user interface.
- Added a Instapaper mobilizer toggle button to the built-in web browser.
- Added "Read Later on Pinboard" option, which can be enabled in Settings.app.
- Improved right-to-left language support (enable this by going to Settings.app > Sunstroke > RTL Language Support).
- Improved syncing speed.
- Toned down the colors a little bit.
- Bug fixes.
- Increased the touch target for the "view feeds" buttons on the main screen (sorry about that!).
- Tweaked VoiceOver support in response to user feedback.
- Bug fixes.
- This is a big UI/UX update. A lot of changes have been made to both the iPhone and iPad versions. Enjoy!
- Add the ability to swipe to send to the Pinbook app.
- Various bug fixes.
- Now requires iOS 6.
- Added iPad support. Note, the interface has not been completely redesigned for iPad. Rather, the current iPhone interface has been modified slightly to work natively on iPad. That being said, it works great. Enjoy!
- Improved Sunstroke's URL scheme by adding a 'sync' command and 'callback-url' and 'refreshOnServer' parameters (e.g., sunstroke:///sync?callback-url=tweetbot:&refreshOnServer;=yes). Note, make sure that you add three '/' after 'sunstroke:'.
- Added optional local notifications that fire after syncing has completed or if the background sync could not complete because it ran out of time.
- Added the ability to long press on the sync button to force Sunstroke to refresh the Fever server.
- Added a (very basic) ability to subscribe to feeds. You can set the "Auto Subscribe To Feeds" preference to automatically prompt you every time you open Sunstroke with a URL copied to the pasteboard. The subscription feature is currently quite limited because there is still no API for it. The feed gets added to either your Kindling or Sparks group, depending on your Fever server settings. Also, this feature requires your server to be running Fever version 1.29 or greater.
- In a nod to all of my customers who are parents of young children, you can now force Sunstroke to open all links in Safari (bypassing the in-app browswer). To enable this feature, go to Settings.app > Sunstroke > Parental Controls > Open Links In Safari.
- Added the ability to open links in Google Chrome.
- Added the option to post to App.net via Felix or Riposte.
- Added the ability to share to the Buffer app.
- Added the ability to save to Pinboard via the Pinbook app.
- Replaced my custom Facebook sharing integration with iOS 6's built-in Facebook support.
- Added an option to disable prompting before marking all items as read.
- Fixed a bug in which images in certain feeds (e.g., FailBlog, Memebase, and There I Fixed It) would not appear in Sunstroke. Please note, the images will only appear in new items downloaded after this version of Sunstroke has been installed.
- Fixed other assorted bugs.
- Added a fullscreen mode when viewing items in landscape orientation.
- Added a confirmation dialog before marking all items as read after pressing the toolbar button. (Note, this does not effect the 'auto mark as read' feature.)
- Numerous bug fixes (including a nasty crashing bug that would occasionally happen when clicking on 'Hot Links' on the main screen).
- Landscape orientation.
- Improved image viewing and sharing. Tap and hold an image to view a zoomable version, view its "alt" text, share it to Twitter, or save it to your iPhone.
- Added the ability to post to App.net via Netbot.
- Improved the appearance of the Hot Link items view (which is brought up by tapping and holding on a Hot Link) when there are many items.
- Numerous changes supporting Sunstroke's eventual move to requiring iOS 6.
- iPhone 5 compatibility.
- iOS 6 compatibility.
- Fixed a bug in which feeds that belong to more than one group only appear in one of the groups.
- Fixed a bug that prevents users from logging into Fever.
- Added support for refreshing the Fever server before syncing. You can enable this in Settings ("Refresh On Server").
- Added support for saving links to Readability.
- Removed the serif font (so much hatred for poor old Georgia! :-)
- Improved the appearance of the Fever item view.
- Improved touch responsiveness on the main list view by removing the animation that occurred when syncing or after marking a group as read.
- Massive UI improvements.
- Dramatically improved the automatically mark scrolled past items as read feature. Try it out!
- Added the ability to customize the action triggered by swiping an item. Of course, you can still choose to mark the item as read/unread or saved/unsaved. Now, however, you can also choose to send the item to Instapaper, Pocket (Read It Later), or Pinboard. Change these preferences in the Settings app.
- New icon.
- Added a prompt before marking all items as unsaved.
- Fixed a crash that occurs sometimes when syncing with Fever.
- Bug fixes.
- Tap and hold a link to view its items within the Hot Links list.
- Added support for saving URLs to Pocket (Read It Later).
- Added support for the "sunstroke://" URL scheme, which opens Sunstroke when called from another app (e.g., Launch Center).
- Clicking on an iTunes or App Store link opens the appropriate app (after prompting the user).
- Improved sharing via Sparrow.
- Improved the way Sunstroke renders certain HTML feeds.
- Various UI improvements.
- When syncing with Fever, Sunstroke now pre-caches all of the images contained in unread or saved items.
- Swipe left-to-right while viewing an item to go back to the list.
- Replaced the double and triple-tap gestures for viewing the next or previous items with buttons.
- Added the option to copy a link in the sharing menu.
- Bug fixes.
- Fixed two crashing bugs.
- Added support for Pinboard.
- Added experimental support for Sparrow for iPhone. (After clicking "Email with Sparrow", the Sparrow app will be opened and the URL of the current item in Sunstroke will be copied to the pasteboard so that it can be pasted into an email very easily.)
- Sharing services can be enabled and disabled in Settings.
- Greatly improved the way Sunstroke renders HTML feeds.
- Various UI improvements.