iPod Classic won't scrobble!

• cryptologic said:
    i updated recently only to find that the scrobbling on classic no longer works. this is a bummer.

for real? that sucks! what possible reason could they have for that??

• tmacdjd said...
    • User
    • 1 Nov 2013, 09:30
    I have the same problem, over the last two weeks my 160gb Classic just stopped scrobbling, i'll try the 'manually manage video and music' check box when i get home tonight, but sadly not holding my breath.

• fabbber said...
    • User
    • 7 Nov 2013, 00:19
    Same problem... can anyone help?

(\ (\
    ( ^_^)
    (_(")(")
    This is a bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
  • I'm PISSED. that's a real shame, Last.fm. I still listen to my iPod Classic 160GB more than any other device.

• chillnz said...
    • User
    • 2 Dec 2013, 09:28
    That's really irritating, and with the supply of Classics drying up around me, I'm rapidly looking for alternatives. Ideas?

• lleite said...
    • User
    • 3 Dec 2013, 01:35
    =(

• I recently had to restore my iPod (and lost all my 4k songs, ugh). It wouldn't scrobble and I found no help here. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Last.fm client and nothing happened. BUT, once I went into settings and disabled scrobbling from devices, and then re-enabled it, it scrobbled from the iPod. Might not work for everyone but it's worth a shot.

EDIT: Scratch that, it only worked once. Back to not working again. Why the hell is no one from Last.fm concerned about this or trying to help? That is 99% of the reason I don't pay for a subscription - no one seems to give a shit and help us out when we have these problems.

• I'm having the exact same problem. Last.fm, a significant number of your users are missing VITAL functionality! Please release a patch to fix this.

I want to build my artist library, but the vast majority of my listening takes place via my 160GB iPod Classic when I'm commuting and as a result my Last.fm stats are way off.

Not that it needs to be explained again, but the official Scrobbler does not recognise my device or react in any way when it is plugged in.

Can a mod at least acknowledge this?

• Gurdaur said...
    • User
    • 3 Apr 2014, 21:23
    Try this guys...

1. Plug in your Classic and open iTunes.
    2. Synchronize your device once on iTunes.
    3. Once syncing is complete open your Last.FM scrobbler
    4. On the top right go to "Help" and then "Diagnostics"
    5. From drop down menu select "I Manually Manage my iPod"
    6. Click "Scrobble iPod"
    7. Wait a minute or so...
    8. A box of all unscrobbled songs should pop up and you can go ahead and scrobble those.

It worked for me. Hopefully it works for you all! :)

• Gurdaur said:
    Try this guys...

1. Plug in your Classic and open iTunes.
    2. Synchronize your device once on iTunes.
    3. Once syncing is complete open your Last.FM scrobbler
    4. On the top right go to "Help" and then "Diagnostics"
    5. From drop down menu select "I Manually Manage my iPod"
    6. Click "Scrobble iPod"
    7. Wait a minute or so...
    8. A box of all unscrobbled songs should pop up and you can go ahead and scrobble those.

It worked for me. Hopefully it works for you all! :)

Dang, this looked promising, but to no avail.
    The diagnostics says I have 24,618 tracks on my ipod to scrobble!
    I wish this would work.

• sam__ said...
    • User
    • 5 Jun 2014, 18:52
    This is such a poor poor effort on Last.fm's part. I haven't been able to scrobble well from my iPod for about 3 years now. It's ALWAYS intermittent, and for the last 7 months has been non-existent. I've been loyal to this service since 2005, but not anymore. I ONLY use my iPod or Spotify. If I'm away from an internet connection I ONLY use my iPod. I'm missing god knows how many thousands of plays from over the years, but I'm finally at the end of my tether with it now. It renders my account almost useless. What a joke.

• I had to get a new iPod Classic as my old one kept crashing and I am now experiencing the same problem. My old iPod Classic used to scrobble fine but my new one hasn't even scrobbled one song.
    I've tried going on the "Diagnostics" and clicking "I maunually manage my ipod" but this doesn't work. Can't synchronise my iPod to iTunes as I have more songs on my iPod.
    It's strange that it's only started with getting a new iPod classic which is exactly the same model as my old one.
    Did anyone manage to fix the problem?

• This is such an unhelpful post. No blame to anybody here, but we all have the same problem but with no solution and no one to help provide any solutions. My old 160GB iPod died, so I got a new one a couple of months ago and have been listening to the new one non stop since then and have yet to get it to scrobble. I've struggled with it for hours today, said fuck it so many times. I downloaded multiple versions of the scrobbler software, nothing. I'm trying the new one now, it said the add on scrobbler software for itunes was outdated, so it told me to close iTunes so it can update it. It says in a bitch voice "you're software is done, fucking relaunch iTunes". So I do that and it still says the software is outdated. FUCK! Get with the times Last.fm! The Changing of Times, by Underoath…

• The ONLY way I could fix this problem was to stop using the Last.fm scrobbler and instead use the old IScrobbler instead. And it actually worked! As of September 2014!

• Lastfm, maybe it's time you find a solution. Just saying

• Has anyone tried contacting them or is there no way to do so? This has been the source of much frustration and I have wasted many hours trying to figure out a fix. Downloading iscrobbler now to give it a shot.

• Is anyone actually working on this? I have an old iPod classic and I usually haven't had issues, but now it won't scrobble at all. I tried the "I manually scrobble my iPod" under Diagnostics as others were suggesting and get the following error message:

==========================================================================lastfm
    [141019 20:37:27] unicorn::CoreApplication::init() Introducing "iPodScrobbler 2"
    [141019 20:37:27] unicorn::CoreApplication::init() Directed by Windows Vista
    [141019 20:37:27] unicorn::CoreApplication::init() Plugin DIR "C:/Program Files (x86)/Last.fm/plugins"
    [141019 20:37:27] Twiddling device: "000A270021137B23"
    [141019 20:37:27] PlayCountsDatabase::PlayCountsDatabase() "C:/Users/Matthew/AppData/Local/Last.fm/Client/iTunesPlays.db"
    [141019 20:37:27] ITunesComWrapper::initialiseCom()
    Calling CoInitializeEx...

Calling CoCreateInstance...

Value of iTunes ptr: 0032FDFC

[141019 20:37:27] ITunesComWrapper::logComError()639: L2
    COM error: Failed to get iTunes library playlist
    Result code: 8007000e

[141019 20:37:27] FATAL ERROR: "Failed to get iTunes library playlist"

I've walked the beautiful fields of Armageddon and trembled before the Holocaust gates. I lost my breath somewhere in-between and found myself no longer fearing for my safety.
    -Mantric, Spear of Heaven
    • rxdrone said...
    • User
    • 22 Oct 2014, 23:54
    Amazinfruit87 said:
    The ONLY way I could fix this problem was to stop using the Last.fm scrobbler and instead use the old IScrobbler instead. And it actually worked! As of September 2014!

I will try this.

• This solution worked for me: http://jimcofer.com/personal/2012/01/26/itunes-not-updating-play-counts/

A little annoying to have to listen to a podcast every time before I sync the ipod with itunes, but if that syncs the songs I listen to, well, I will do it.

• The scrobbler constantly bugged me about updating it so I finally did and now songs from my iPod Classic don't scrobble anymore, just the songs in iTunes. Should I just restore my iPod or is this a problem with the scrobbler itself?

• I've been in the same boat for what seems like years now. I'm not counting on Last.fm getting off their lazy asses and fixing anything. All about dat Spotify compatibility nowadays.

The only fix I've found: The time consuming but reliable process of (deep breaths)... manual scrobbling. For those who don't know.

I don't know if anyone is still paying attention to this, but I thought I'd chip in.

• This is so effing frustrating … cheesus …

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.