View Full Version : Wide Boot for Inline Hockey Skate?

Santeh
June 7th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Hello all,

I currently play ice hockey and have not played street hockey for many years, yet my wife would like for me to join her in some rollerblading. As such, I was thinking that by doing so I could not only spend more time with her but also work a bit on my general skating at the same time.

However, when I play ice hockey I must have a boot that accommodates a wide foot (I currently use the Bauer Flexlite line). As such, when I went and tried on a few styles of inline hockey skates I immediately noticed that they all were too narrow for my toes, specifically on my left foot's pinky toe. I looked around a bit online to see if there was a brand/style of inline hockey skate that works for a wide foot but did not see any. I was therefore wondering if anyone knew of an inline hockey skate that might work for me?

Thanks for the help!

Elysarian
June 8th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Bauer do sell inline skates as well as ice you know :)

I own a pair of RX:05's myself (as well as a retro pair of Turbo's), the RX:05 is wider than my older skates so might suit you (I have to put some more time in on mine to get the foam lining broken in properly).

I'd try a pair on if I were you.

Also: consider the option of having an ice skate (e.g. the Flexlite you own now) converted into an inline?