View Full Version : HELP ME Please. Freestyle

conquistador
April 25th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Hello
First Post
I have just started aggressive inline skating and find that when riding fast on tarmac , the skates aren't very comfy. I started to skate with a pair of Hi-Lo Bauer hockey skates which were very smooth on roads. I would like to buy a pair exclusively for skating fast and smooth around cities etc. like in the movies found on rollerfr.net (wallrides, powersliding, jumps, manuals, 360/540). I need a pair of skates:
1) They must be flat 4 wheel set up (all same size)
2) They must be able to withstand jumps from a 6 stair set
3) They must be fast and smooth
I was looking around the £110-£130 mark
I have found the following are they any good?
Seba FRX
Roces Friday
Rollerbalde Twister
K2 something
N.B Are these called freestyle skates and is this the correct forum.

biffsk8er
April 27th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Aggressive and freestyle skates are quite different. None of the skates that you mentioned have grind plates. Most are for freestyle skating. They might go faster but they will never hold up as long as aggressive skates.

You might want to try the Seba hi. It is much sturdier than the others you mentioned, and with a shorter wheel base for maneuverability.
http://www.skatecrazy.net/images/sebahighblackfront.jpghttp://www.skatecrazy.net/images/sebahighblackback.jpg

conquistador
April 27th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Nasty accident by the way biffsk8er, what was the pain comparable to?

Anyway that is what I'm looking for but I don't have that much cash.

Anybody know a freestyle skate that it is a good all rounder for £120?

Or does anybody have an old pair I can buy if you put them on ebay?

biffsk8er
April 27th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Nasty accident by the way biffsk8er, what was the pain comparable to?

Anyway that is what I'm looking for but I don't have that much cash.

Anybody know a freestyle skate that it is a good all rounder for £120?

Or does anybody have an old pair I can buy if you put them on ebay?

The pain was not bad at all. I thought I had just ripped the skin open. I figured that it would just be some stitches. When I actually looked at my hand, I realized that it was way worse than I thought!!

I'd definitely suggest looking for the Seba hi online used. People are always offering deals. Otherwise, I know nothing about Freestyle skates.