<  Vardcore  ~  COMING SOON for October 2009

Forum rules
This is where I will rant, tell stories, and talk about bands and records in the works. (Hey, wake up! And take a shower!)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:39 am
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 pmPosts: 1942Location: Gainesvile, Florida
Alrighty folks, here's the updated COMING SOON info, rumor, and hearsay deptment in full tilt!

RELIGIOUS AS FUCK/AMERICAN CHEESEBURGER • split LP
-- This will be out any day now. The jackets are here... just waiting on the records themselves; you know-- the things that contain the actual MUSIC which is what it's really all about, right? The split-color weenil has nothing to do with it, right? Oh, and as a side note, AC is 3 songs into writing their next record, whatever it might be. Any votes? An 8" a 34"... maybe a burrito?

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS • "The 69 Sound" LP/CD (collection #2!)
-- This thing will never happen. I only leave it up there to antagonize myself... and you.

MARKED MEN / THIS IS MY FIST • split 7"
-- This will be out any day now. The jackets are here... just waiting on the records themselves.

GRABASS CHARLESTONS/TOYS THAT KILL • split LP
-- Upgraded 5" since last time. Awesome art by Senor Miracle.

THE ERGS! / THE MEASURE (sa) • split 7"
-- This will be out any day now. The jackets are here... just waiting on the records themselves. Familiar story?

YOUNG LIVERS LP/CD. YL recorded 13 amazing songs, pared down to 11 for the album. Potentially the best album of 2010. Yeah, I said it.

THE COPYRIGHTS / THE BROKEDOWNS • split 7"
-- This will be out in a week or two. Really. I mean it.

NO FRIENDS: it shipped. Fancy weenil. Did anyone get their pre-orders yet?

THE BOMB: ships next week. Pre-order weenil took a little longer than expected, but worth it!

ANDREW JACKSON JIHAD / O PIONEERS
split thing... got the songs, don't got the art. I heard they are too busy playing footsie with turtles to get the art together.

WHISKEY & Co.
Great record, working on song order and art. "Rust Colors" ahoy! Early 2010 sounds feasible.

WORN IN RED
"In the Offing" LP/CD
-- Out November 17. Feel it!

TUBERS "Anachronous" LP/CD
-- Tubers + Sweeting. Can't go wrong... Out soon. Actually soon.

THIS BIKE IS A PIPE BOMB “Convertible” LP
-- Right on time, Pensacola style!

#2 Reason to Move to Gainesville LP
-- WORRY SHIP and 11 other bands that you have to skip over so you can hear the WORRY SHIP song. Did I mention that WORRY SHIP is on this record?

LIFETIME "Hello Bastards" and "Jersey's Best Dancers" LP's
-- Waiting to get test press approval from the band. YEEEEMIIIINN!!!

FIYA "Magic Words" LP... hell yeah + art by Nate Powell. Wow. Seriously WOW!!

GATORFACE “Wasted Monuments” LP/CD. In the can, icebox cover art courtesy of Horsebites. Of yeah, and it's a rager.

HAWKS AND DOVES. Stellar record in the can. Gared's nuts and wants to re-record some tracks. Out 2015.

OMEGAS, CURSED, and BURNING LOVE all have 7" records coming soon on High Anxiety.

Hot Water Music. It's not what you think it is; it's not what you hope it is. That's all I'm gonna say.

LEATHERFACE... the internet tells me we are doing their next album. I want to hear it from someone in the band, but I do recall a drunken handshake last year... so I think this might actually be factual. Not entirely sure. But it's a great thing to think about!

TWO OTHER BANDS are recording later this year. ONE MORE probably will as well. ONE put out a record in 2008. TWO have not recorded in 5-10 years. That is all I will say.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:59 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with JamJoined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:26 pmPosts: 90Location: Texas
vardcore wrote:
LEATHERFACE... the internet tells me we are doing their next album. I want to hear it from someone in the band, but I do recall a drunken handshake last year... so I think this might actually be factual. Not entirely sure. But it's a great thing to think about!

This rumor/fact needs more substance. You know, I heard that the album is going to be called Guns, Knives and Collectibles and that there is a great new song on the record called "Hooliganism."

RJ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:50 am
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:27 amPosts: 197Location: Cardiff, UK
I'm guessing THIS SONG would be on it :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Z64nl2K48&feature=player_profilepage

Crackle! Records was supposed to be doing a 7" as well. And I heard Boss Tuneage is doing a record for Stubbs new side-project with Davey, who was in Leatherface for a while up until fairly recently. All exciting!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:16 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with JamJoined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:26 pmPosts: 90Location: Texas
Dave Newest Industry wrote:
I'm guessing THIS SONG would be on it :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Z64nl2K48&feature=player_profilepage

Crackle! Records was supposed to be doing a 7" as well. And I heard Boss Tuneage is doing a record for Stubbs new side-project with Davey, who was in Leatherface for a while up until fairly recently. All exciting!

Thanks for posting the link!

I wrote Mr. Stubbs a few months ago via his MySpace account asking about the availability of his solo material. He said that he's planning to compile all of his solo material onto one CD with some new material; however, he said that obtaining the master tapes is a "very slow process."

This is pretty awesome news as well. Perhaps for some it is even a reason for which to keep on living?

RJ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:20 pm
vardcore wrote:
HAWKS AND DOVES. Stellar record in the can. Gared's nuts and wants to re-record some tracks. Out 2015.

Var,

Please kick Gared in the seat of his pants. I love the songs from the seven inch and am excited to soon hear a full-length.

Thank you,

RJ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:24 pm
BreadJoined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:13 pmPosts: 6Location: Richmond, VA
Damn, lots of stuff coming out that I'm gonna want to buy. Gotta get some more money!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:19 am
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:27 amPosts: 197Location: Cardiff, UK
rjcresswell wrote:

I wrote Mr. Stubbs a few months ago via his MySpace account asking about the availability of his solo material. He said that he's planning to compile all of his solo material onto one CD with some new material; however, he said that obtaining the master tapes is a "very slow process."

This is pretty awesome news as well. Perhaps for some it is even a reason for which to keep on living?

RJ

The Stubbs solo 10" is probably one of the only records I regret selling (was unemployed at the time, getting pretty desperate for cash)... would be icebox to see a complete collection, especially if it came out on weenil too!

If you're looking for new Stubbs stuff though, look no further than the new Duncan Redmonds double LP on Boss Tuneage - there's a fair few PISSMOPS tracks on it, which is basically LEATHERFACE (Stubbs singing, different folks as backing band)... I have the double weenil, I THINK the CD is missing some of the PISSMOPS tracks though... I'd hunt it down for sure, the tracks are really great.

:rockout:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:48 am
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 pmPosts: 1942Location: Gainesvile, Florida
If you're looking for new Stubbs stuff though, look no further than the new Duncan Redmonds double LP on Boss Tuneage - there's a fair few PISSMOPS tracks on it, which is basically LEATHERFACE (Stubbs singing, different folks as backing band)...

What the fargkc? How did I miss THAT?

-- Dave, I might have a 2nd copy of the 10". Wanna trade. Like actually trade this time? (Boo on me.) I know you have a record I need. (lurk)

:oneeyedmonster:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:49 am
[quote="rjcresswell"I wrote Mr. Stubbs a few months ago via his MySpace account asking about the availability of his solo material. He said that he's planning to compile all of his solo material onto one CD with some new material; however, he said that obtaining the master tapes is a "very slow process."
RJ[/quote]

See, that's he sort of think I thought he was shaking my hand over. Ha!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:51 am
rjcresswell wrote:
vardcore wrote:

Var,

Please kick Gared in the seat of his pants. I love the songs from the seven inch and am excited to soon hear a full-length.

Thank you,

RJ

That 7" is only the tip of the iceberg. The album is devastating, stark, warm, beautiful, writhing. At times smelly.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:46 am
vardcore wrote:
If you're looking for new Stubbs stuff though, look no further than the new Duncan Redmonds double LP on Boss Tuneage - there's a fair few PISSMOPS tracks on it, which is basically LEATHERFACE (Stubbs singing, different folks as backing band)...

What the fargkc? How did I miss THAT?

-- Dave, I might have a 2nd copy of the 10". Wanna trade. Like actually trade this time? (Boo on me.) I know you have a record I need. (lurk)

Here's what's on the CD :

http://www.punkrockcds.com/duncan-redmonds-bubble-squeak-p-2830.html

The double LP has 24 tracks so there's 2 more (both extra PISSMOPS tracks, I think - I'd have to double check that). LP is a solid piece of work, gatefold weenil, one disk red, one disk white, packaging blue (oi!)... as for trade, I would, but if you're talking about that copy of "Minx", I ended up selling it to my pal who seriously needed it - the doctors literally told him he had 6 months to live if he didn't own a copy. Pretty dark days. Do you have anything else I want? I don't know!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:05 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:56 amPosts: 241Location: new jersey
vardcore wrote:

ONE put out a record in 2008.

this should be a new LTJ ep

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:55 pm
mclz wrote:
vardcore wrote:

Ahhh, I will clarify: one put out a record in 2008 on No Idea.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:14 pm
rjcresswell wrote:

RJ

The Stubbs solo 10" is probably one of the only records I regret selling (was unemployed at the time, getting pretty desperate for cash)... would be icebox to see a complete collection, especially if it came out on weenil too!

If you're looking for new Stubbs stuff though, look no further than the new Duncan Redmonds double LP on Boss Tuneage - there's a fair few PISSMOPS tracks on it, which is basically LEATHERFACE (Stubbs singing, different folks as backing band)... I have the double weenil, I THINK the CD is missing some of the PISSMOPS tracks though... I'd hunt it down for sure, the tracks are really great.

Thanks Dave! I knew nothing of this and will definitely check it out!

RJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:33 pm
vardcore wrote:
[quote="rjcresswell"I wrote Mr. Stubbs a few months ago via his MySpace account asking about the availability of his solo material. He said that he's planning to compile all of his solo material onto one CD with some new material; however, he said that obtaining the master tapes is a "very slow process."
RJ
See, that's he sort of think I thought he was shaking my hand over. Ha![/quote]

Either release would be fan-fucking-tastic!

RJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:55 pm
Buttered ToastJoined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:46 amPosts: 56
vardcore wrote:
mclz wrote:
vardcore wrote:

Ahhh, I will clarify: one put out a record in 2008 on No Idea.

Bridge and Tunnel?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:06 am
User avatarButtered ToastJoined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:19 pmPosts: 72Location: Connecticut/Long Island
vardcore wrote:
TWO have not recorded in 5-10 years. That is all I will say.

Small Brown Bike!?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:23 pm
ToastJoined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:24 pmPosts: 39Location: Gainesville, FL
Anthony wrote:
vardcore wrote:

Small Brown Bike!?

Well Small Brown Bike does have 10 new songs!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:39 pm
ToastJoined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:46 pmPosts: 32Location: UK
Anthony wrote:
vardcore wrote:

Small Brown Bike!?

Now, that would be great to see another Small Brown Bike release after all those years....one of my fav No Idea bands along with Hot Water Music

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:01 pm
User avatarButtered ToastJoined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:19 pmPosts: 72Location: Connecticut/Long Island
Here's more evidence... http://www.punknews.org/article/35493
Notice the No Idea logo on the side of the article...
8x

Offline Profile