• 690 posts
  • PSN:LancerEvox2k
  • Kai:Lancer.Evox.2k
  • LocationJapan

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:46 PM

Alternate Gook www Guide in this post: http://forums.minega...post__p__121167
===============================================================
WTF is a Gook? Are you calling me one?
-It is not a derogatory term for asians (or it didn't try to be?).
-They are the Frontier's cute mascots that hangs in your My Garden.
Posted Image

WTF is their purpose and why should I get it?
-Mostly to look cute... and get abused... like poogies! (can't bring to quest...yet lol)
-Gooks can gives free items after every quest (even map clears count, w).
-Well one important reason is to get Feeds that are usable to your halks.
-Another purpose is to get the Gook Charm, I will talk about it later.

WTF! I want *to abuse* one (or make my own own Gook Harem) now! How do I get?

-I will explain it now! *slaps* w
-You can get up to 3 Gooks
=============================================================
There is a long step by step procedure that you need to follow to obtain your first gook and so...here is the kinda long yet straightforward walkthrough:

Step 1: Enter My Garden and talk to the Caretaker cat at the top right part of the area.
Posted Image
Step 2: He tells you that you can obtain a Gook but you need to get an egg first. Accept and exit.
Step 3: Talk to the GuildMaster (GM, the old man that sits on the quest table).
Step 4: The GM will have 5 different Gook egg delivery preselected gear quests and whatever you pick will determine your Gook's color. The large monsters in those quests will be carrying a gook egg. To get your egg, you need to make the monster "cry" to drop it.
=>[White] Jungle - Yian Kutku (sonic bomb or just simply bomb)
=>[Yellow] Swamp - Babakonga (break his tail that is carrying the egg)
=>[Black] Desert - Daimyou Zazami (sonic bomb while in defense mode or wait for him to change areas)
=>[Brown] (HR 11+) Volcano - Basarios (just simply wake it up)
=>[Blue] (HR 51+) Snowy Mountains - Tigrex (wait in the top area 8 for it to return and lure him to bite the wall)
-Tip: Before setting out to do get your egg, check the supply item box. It should have a supply Mega Juice and Sleep Knives to make it easier to carry the egg back to the Basecamp.
Step 5: Go back to My Garden and talk to the Caretaker cat. He will say that he will need his blueprints to create a Gook nest but the Melynx in the Jungle stole them. Accept his request.
Step 6: Talk to the GM again and do the deliver 5 Blueprints Jungle quest.
=>In this quest, just simply make the Melynx drop 5 Blueprint shinies and deliver them. You will get Normal Blueprints 1 from the reward screen.
Step 7: Go back to My Garden and give the Caretaker cat his Blueprints.
Step 8: Re-enter My Garden and your nest with the Gook egg on it should be there!
Step 9: You need to take care of this egg by "playing" with it (Just pick any action out of the 5 and another 3 options will come out. The 1st option will give your Gook more of a Normal Size, the 2nd option will give your Gook a Smaller Size, and the 3rd option will give your Gook a Larger Size). You can only play with it once after each quest clear. Around 4-5 plays/clears will suffice and your Gook egg should hatch, with a cute animation!
Step 10: After you are done abusing your new found Gook, talk to the Caretaker cat again. He will tell you to pick it up (1st option when talking to your Gook) and bring him to the nest. Do so and the Gook will nap a bit.
Posted Image
Step 11: Talk to the Gook again to wake it up then talk to the Caretaker cat again. He will say that you can also feed your Gook, so do so by picking the 2nd option with your Gook and pick any food.
Step 12: Talk to the Caretaker cat again and it will tell you that you can also dress up your Gooks and customize it's playground area. He states that his blueprints are also stolen again by the Melynx but in the Sea of Treas area this time. Accept his request to retain them.
Step 13: Talk to the GM again and do the deliver 5 Blueprints Sea of Trees quest.
=>In this quest, just simply make the Melynx drop 5 Blueprint shinies and deliver them. You will get Normal Blueprints 2 from the reward screen.
Step 14: Go back to My Garden and give the Caretaker cat his Blueprints.
Step 15: Re-enter My Garden and he should have the Gook's playground and a Customization Board built.
Posted Image
Step 16: To obtain another Gook egg, all you need to do is talk the Caretaker cat again and choose the first option to do the quest from the GM again. Just do the egg quest of your choice again and give the egg to the Caretaker cat and it should be there in the nest to begin hatching again, without getting anymore blueprints.

======================
Caretaker Cat Options
======================
Quest Sign-up (1st Option):
-Allows you to post quests through the GuildMaster outside.

Item Exchange (2nd Option):
-You can only exchange 3 items at the moment for trading Gook Junk (グークのがらくた).
-To obtain Gook Junk, do the Gook Map Quests through the GM. Gook Junks are obtainable from Gook "infested" gathering spots in those quests (4% on each gather) and there are only 3 gathering spots per map. Check ferias here for detailed gather spots: http://homepage2.nif.../sozai.htm?1272
-Sometimes you will see a rare huge Gook that will drop its junk 100% of the time.
These are the 3 items you can exchange with Gook Junk:
=>Gook Charm (グークのお守り) = 99 Gook Junks:
-This is probably the most useful item from your Gook. The following are the effects while you are carrying one.
-While walking around off-quest, you can receive random amounts of money and sometimes will receive Golden Eggs.
-Better food effects from Obachan (bentou fat lady), such as +50 HP/Stam with Attack/Defense UP.
-Increases encounter chance with Unknown Black Rathian from Hr 31+ quests in Jungle, Desert, Sea of Trees, FnH, and Valley.
-Allegedly increases HC carve rates, unconfirmed.
=>Skinny Food (やせやせフード) = 99 Gook Junks:
-Halk Feed: -30 Fullness Lvl
-Can greatly reduce your Gook's size if fed.
=>Fatty Food (まるまるフード) = 99 Gook Junks:
-Halk Feed: +50 Fullness Lvl, +3 Fire, +2 Wtr/Ice/Thdr/Drg/Psn, +1 Para/Slp
-Can greatly increase your Gook's size if fed.

Clothing/Playground Theme Exchange through Items (3nd Option):
-You can exchange obtainable items.
-Limited Gook Event quests pop out from time to time. In these quests, you need to exchange 10 of that quest's reward items here for Gook clothing sets.
-The only combinable mats (from the Combining Old Man outside) that needs 3 items each are Fortress Theme, Hunter Costume, Top Hat Costume, and Pastry Costume. You will need Gook Tears (グークの涙) or Feathers (グークの羽根) for this. To obtain Tears, your Gook must be sad (Gloomy clouds over its head with a なみだぽろぽろ status). To obtain Feathers, your Gook must be happy (Notes over its head with a ○○ハッピー status). It is a very low % to obtain these 2 items, just by simply talking to the Gook after each quest clear/fail.

Clothing/Playground Theme Exchange through My Tore P (4nd Option):
-Like the previous option, but from exchanging My Tore P directly.
-Clothing: Band Costume.
-Playground Theme: Jacuzzi.

Tutorial (5th Option):
-You do not need this guide if you can understand this~ ^^

======================
Gook Options
======================
Talking to your Gook:
-To talk to your Gook, simple just talk to it.
-The Gook will often give you an item (depending on its mood and on what item you assigned it to give you from the Gook Board) after each quest clear or fail, before showing up the next 3 options.

Picking up your Gook:
-To pick up your Gook, talk to it and pick the 1st option.
-This has no great purpose whatsoever (like picking up your Poogie in MH3) but just to look cute.
-You can set your Gook by the Pond to play in and by its Nest to nap.

Feeding your Gook:
-To feed your Gook, talk to it and pick the 2nd option.
-Your Gook's personality and appearance (weight) changes depending on the food you feed it.
-If you don't feed your Gook after a while, it will be sad and run away. After 30 days without getting your Gook back, you will permanently get rid of that Gook as if it was let go.
-To re-obtain your Gook, simply activate quests from the Caretaker cat and do the deliver 10 Supply Gook Items from mining, catching bugs, and mushroom gathering in the Jungle to get your Gook back in your My Garden.

Letting go of your Gook:
-To fire your Gook, simply talk to it and choose the 3rd option.
-You cannot let go a newly hatched Gook until the next day.

======================
Gook Customization
======================
-Talk to the Gook board in My Garden to customize your Gook.
-To switch between Gooks, simple toggle the L1 and R1 buttons.

Gook Status: (Duck Icon w/o Hat)
-Shows your Gook's status.
-Display Status: Name, Obtain date, Personality, Current Mood

Gook Appearance Customization: (Duck Icon w/ Hat)
-Equips your Gook's costume and accessories.
-Options: Head, Face, Hanging, Body, Tail

Gook Playground Customization: (Nest Icon)
-Customizes the Gook Playground.
-Options: Theme, Nest, Pool

Gook Item Preference: (House Icon)
-Changes what types of items you want your Gook to give to you.
-Options: Nothing, Fish, Bugs, Junk
-Note: Everytime after a quest, there is a chance that your Gook will give you that Item Type

Edited by Shizuka, 26 September 2012 - 07:01 AM.

shizpugi.gif < = (´・(00)・`)ノ 。。。クリックOK!

||| shizunyan.co.nf ||| www.twitch.tv/shizu_nyan ||| www.youtube.com/shizunyan69 |||

#2 Shizuka

Shizuka

Lao Shan

• Members
  • 690 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:46 PM

The www Gook Guide~ xD
=========================================================
This video is very informative where the term "Gook" came from:

It is normally used in a war sense like during the Vietnam war: "The only good Gook is a dead Gook"

Nowadays, Gook is a derogatory term used for the purpose of describing a korean (or any Asians in general).
Basically it is-
Asian : Gook
Whites : Cracker
Blacks : Nigg-well you see the pattern~ ^^

The origin why the term Gook is named for the cute Duck in-game is quite unknown.
Posted Image
This is probably the Japanese treating Koreans as mere pets, who are pretty much useless in the game mostly~ ^^;
...and not that long ago, MHFO was gone in the KR lands~ coincidence?

Edited by Shizuka, 10 November 2011 - 06:20 AM.

||| shizunyan.co.nf ||| www.twitch.tv/shizu_nyan ||| www.youtube.com/shizunyan69 |||

#3 BizzarreCoyote

BizzarreCoyote

Ukantor

• Staff
  • 956 posts
  • Nintendo ID:BizzarreCoyote
  • PSN:BizzarreCoyote
  • Kai:BizzarreCoyote
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

Small correction: You can actually get the Brown Gook 40 HR before the guide says, at HR 11.

EDIT: Yes, massive necro post, but I figured it was for a valid reason.

Edited by BizzarreCoyote, 11 February 2012 - 07:30 PM.

I never cared about justice and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!

#4 Shizuka

Shizuka

Lao Shan

• Members
  • 690 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

======================
How to obtain those awesome Gook In-Quest items?
======================
Check out this vid I made demonstrating those Gook Quest Items:

List of Gook In-Quest Items:
-Gook Bomb 「グークほむ」 (Bomb with wheels)
-Gook Smoke Poison Egg 「たまご風ほむ」 (Does more psn than psn smoke bombs)
-Gook Cracker 「グーククラッカー」 (Does some damage? lol, throwable)
-??? Doll 「???人形」 (Soccer ball! goalll! w)

First of all you will need Gooks in your My Garden. The more Gooks you have, the more likely that they will give you items to exchange for in-quest items.

When you see Gooks talk to each other, they will sometime drop a shiny item (exchangeable for 1 quest item) or will send items to your Caretaker Cat to obtain to be exchanged for quest items.

Posted Image

1 Item Exchange Items (from shiny drop):
・ぴかぴかなかけら for Gook Bomb
Posted Image
・きらきらなかけら for Gook Smoke Poison Egg
Posted Image
・さらさらなかけら for Gook Cracker
Posted Image
・ふわふわなかけら for ??? Doll
Posted Image

10 Item Exchange Items (from Caretaker Cat):
・きらきらなもの for Gook Bomb
・ぴかぴかなもの for Gook Smoke Poison Egg
・さらさらなもの for Gook Cracker
・ふわふわなもの for ??? Doll

So you should always talk to your Caretaker Cat after every quest for a chance to obtain some items.

Note: If you do what your Gook might want to eat/do may? increase the chances for this to happen.

======================
Happy/Sad Gook Rare Item
======================

If you talk to your Gook when it is Sad (Gray Smoke) there is a small chance after a quest that it will give you an item, the 「グークの涙」 Gook Tear.
If it is Happy (Notes) there is a small chance after a quest that it will give you an item, the 「グークの羽根」 Gook Feather.

Note: The only uses for these 2 items is to exchange Gook items from the Combination Old Man for Guild Points or some Halk Feathers, plus some Gook Map material items. You need 3 to exchange to your Caretaker Cat. The exclusive ones are the Hunter Armor and the Fortress Playground.

Edited by Shizuka, 11 February 2012 - 08:40 PM.

#5 Shizuka

Shizuka

Lao Shan

• Members
  • 690 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

New Gook Colors!
Posted Image

From left to right, then from top to bottom:
1: Pink 「ピンク,桃」
2: Mint Green 「ミント,緑」
3: Parakeet 「インコ」
4: Genprey 「ゲネポス」
5: Velociprey 「ランポス」
6: Duck 「鴨」
7: Crane 「鶴」
8: Kutku 「クック」
9: Gypceros 「ゲリョス」
10: Ioprey 「イーオス」

To obtain these colors, you need to have a combination of 2 ducks in your My Garden beforehand. If you talk to the Caretaker Cat, he will sometimes ask a question about having an additional Gook or not, you can say yes to this. A small percentage that the 2 Gooks will "mate" or miraculously produce a Gook Egg. The rare color Gook is only born as your 3rd Gook from this egg!
The complete combination for the rare color 3rd Gook is still in progress, I'll list them all in this post once done~ ^^

Gook Combinations:

Blue + Brown = Blue
Yellow + Black = Pink

Pink + Black = Brown
Pink + Brown = Pink

白×青→桃
青×桃→オウム
桃×オウム→クック
オウム×クック→桃2
オウム×クック→ゲネポ
黒×青=茶
黒×茶=ピンク
黒×ピンク=黒でした
白×桃=桃2
桃×桃2=鴨
桃2×鴨=クック

Note: Normal Colors are White 白, Yellow 黄, Black 黒, Brown 茶, Blue 青

Edited by Shizuka, 02 March 2012 - 01:25 AM.

#6 Maxim

Maxim

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:18 AM

Shiz, i got pink from this: pink+black, just to let you know in case you want to put it up.
Edit:yellow+black=pink
pink+pink=black...
lol i dont see much pattern xD, just looks random

Edit2: I partnered my second gen black and 2nd gen pink(lol) and got the duck color one(brown.white with green on the head xD) im guessing the options you choose when you have the egg must affect how the gook will form?

Edited by Maxim, 04 March 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#7 Trigun3600

Trigun3600

Basarios

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:43 AM

brown + black got me pink
Posted Image

#8 BizzarreCoyote

BizzarreCoyote

Ukantor

• Staff
  • 956 posts
  • Nintendo ID:BizzarreCoyote
  • PSN:BizzarreCoyote
  • Kai:BizzarreCoyote
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:50 AM

Black + Blue = Blue, according to Kino
I never cared about justice and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!

#9 Maxim

Maxim

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

I got my very own kukku xD
Posted Image
Name:ミニクック lol

Edited by Maxim, 08 March 2012 - 02:24 PM.

#10 Shizuka

Shizuka

Lao Shan

• Members
  • 690 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:35 PM

pink + pink = green/brown wild ducky
I also did pink + wild ducky...but i got another wild one ;w;
finally...2 wild duckies = pink! ><

It takes a whole week to fire you duck...so it can all lead to chance at times and will take a while to get your desired gooks:

Here is more unconfirmed? combinations lol:
白×青=鶴1
青×鶴1=鶴2
鶴1×鶴2=鶴3
鶴2×鶴3=鶯1
鶴3×鶯1=鶯2
鶯1×鶯2=黄
鶯1×鶯2=鶯3
鶯2×鶯3=オウム
。。。
青×黄=鶴
青×鶴=鶴
鶴×鶴=鴨
ロストで鶴のみ
鶴×青=鶴
鶴×鶴=オウム
ロストでオウムのみ
オウム×青=オウム
オウム×オウム=クック
---
(I like this...but the question is getting that first gyppy w)
白+ゲリョ=ゲリョ
→ゲリョ+ゲリョ=ドスラン
→ゲリョ+ドスラン=ドスラン
鶴+オウム=ゲリョ
鴨+鴨=ゲリョス (I did this but I got a pink, I'll try again next week)

2-chan thread sources:
http://logsoku.com/t...me2/1328096806/
http://logsoku.com/t...me2/1330729129/

More from my crap...

Duck + Duck = Duck
Duck + Duck = Kutku
Kutku + Duck = Duck
Kutku + Duck = Kutku
Kutku + Kutku = Kutku
Kutku + Kutku = Genprey
White + Blue = Mint
Blue + Mint = Mint
Maint + Mint = ...

Edited by Shizuka, 07 April 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#11 Maxim

Maxim

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

lol i actually got kukku from 2 wild ducks xD
i guess im just lucky, not gonna fire this one until i get a velo

#12 kinokashi

kinokashi

Legendary Moocow

• Skinners
  • 1,640 posts
  • PSN:kinokashi
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

I really want velo and kut ku :s

tumblr_msvr877bHE1qgxqhto1_400.png

Have a idea to throw down? send me a PM: I also have merch! Visit http://www.redbubble...eople/kinokashi

#13 xOliver137

xOliver137

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • PSN:xOliver137
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

So.. I'm fairly new to Frontier, but the Shizuka-guides have been worth gold for me so far. Thanks for that. =)

Yesterday I saw my gukus having a conversation, dropping me a shiny. I went to the caretaker cat and turned it in for a golden "?" (at least I think I did..)
Got me a "グークのグローブ" (guku glove?). Took it with me on the next quest to see if it works like the things mentioned above.
Figured out it's greyed out unless I am above a gathering spot. While gathering you actually see those gloves being used.. (see picture)

Posted Image

After about 15 uses it broke. =( Seeing as it's not covered in the guide.. Any idea what it is good for? xD Better percentage to get Gook-stuff on Gook-quests? Or is it like Gathering+2 Skill (doubt it)? O.o

What also is confusing me that the guide says Caretaker option 1 is related to the GM, while for me it's "アイテム交換" (Item Exchange) now. Maybe it changes after initial Questline or got updated?

Then the duck-feeding part is still chaotic to me.. I guess I'm supposed to give the guku what it requests in the thought-bubble.. like a bug i.e. Yet it still gets angry for giving it one.. Another wanted meat, did not have any to choose from, canceled, tried to hug it and even that made the guku aggressive. =( I feel like I got a gremlin instead:

Posted Image

P.S.: My Japanese is barely existant - need to use MS-IME drawing mode to decipher those Kanjis.. (Sry, if I did something wrong m(._.)m)

*goes back playing with those little critters*

#14 Rubymatt

Rubymatt

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • PSN:Rubymatt

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

Yeah, I'm a little confused about the first option too. It did used to be to set up gook gathering quests because they weren't permanently available previously, but now it's something different, I have no idea what the new menu is.

#15 Shizuka

Shizuka

Lao Shan

• Members
  • 690 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:39 PM

Gook Gathering tools are nice, they can gather x2 items at a time at times.  There are グークのピッケル picks, グークの虫取り bugnets, グークの釣り餌 fishing lures, and グークのグローブ gloves are for gathering anything else.

There are also 4 other new items:

Gook Pool「なんとか種」 (restores some HP over time)

Gook Flute「グーク笛」 (Like a flute but is cooler)

Gook Fireworks「グーク花火」 (Shoots stuff for decoration)

Gook Caster「迷子玉」 (Sends you to some random area, possible BC or an unexplored one)

-As stated before, gooks are randomly angry or happy on every login.
-Just talk to the GM to post gathering gook quests.
-As of F4, they changed the options (I'll fix the guide sometimes then). The caretaker cat just has a new simpler menu under アイテム交換 to exchange gook items that you gather from them in the garden for exchange of gook items.
-Best feeds are always gook feeds that you can gather from the Gook Map quests. It don't often matter to what you give your Gook really (or I ever bother to, lol)...it just won't make them run away if you feed them in moderation, about once every 2 weeks~ w

Here are the new gook colors as well...
Posted Image
Question is... how to mate 3 Gooks at once? www

Edited by Shizuka, 24 May 2012 - 11:49 PM.

#16 Shizuka

Shizuka

Lao Shan

• Members
  • 690 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

*bump* All rich's fault

#17 kinokashi

kinokashi

Legendary Moocow

• Skinners
  • 1,640 posts
  • PSN:kinokashi
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Found out how to do this

Posted Image

Just try to abandon guku, and say no, you get the awesome animation

tumblr_msvr877bHE1qgxqhto1_400.png

Have a idea to throw down? send me a PM: I also have merch! Visit http://www.redbubble...eople/kinokashi

#18 SMASHER587

SMASHER587

★きんぐ★

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

rofl 3 of my gooks ran away XD and le elder not showing me the deliver quest ww ands i cant activate it with le kitty

Posted Image

#19 humipop

humipop

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

Hello, does anyone know how to prevent the GM from giving me Gook quests ? Im stuck at HR99 and cant progress coz he keeps giving me Gook quests xD Very nice guide otherwise, thank you :)

#20 Zaitor

Zaitor

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • PSN:Zaitor
  • LocationItaly

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

HR100 Urgent, as every 100 HR ones, isn't taken from the Guild Master, but instead the urgent consists in soloing a specific monster.
Please refer to the HR Rank Up Guide By Shizuka to have info on HR100-200-300 ecc... urgents 

---> http://forums.minega...-rank-up-guide/

Edited by Zaitor, 30 May 2013 - 09:26 AM.