HOPEHIV is about the generation of hope. We support children and young people in sub-Saharan Africa who have been orphaned or affected by HIV/AIDS. Rather than dismissing them as helpless victims, we believe they have the potential to lead change in their families, communities and countries and create a better future for Africa.
HOPEHIV works with local, African project partners, enabling communities to find the best ways of supporting the most vulnerable children through:
- Emotional and social support
- Economic empowerment
- Child rights
In 2015 we are proud to be working with 19 project partners, in 185 communities, reaching more than 52,000 vulnerable children and young people across sub-Saharan Africa.
The charity landscape is blurred with organisations helping vulnerable children in Africa. We are defined by:
- Productive partnerships: We help our project partners generate income or access grants. We help companies make CSR more meaningful. We help schools enrich curricula. We help people connect, not just give and receive.
- Investment: We seek social return on investment and local partners for long term results.
- Enterprise and innovation: We encourage entrepreneurship through our projects in Africa and our fundraising in the UK. We develop programmes that solve old problems in new ways.
- Being positive and passionate about potential: By helping to realise the potential of the most vulnerable children, we are enabling them to change their future from the bottom up.
HOPEHIV is registered charity number 1079385.