03 Aug -11:00 am - 4:00 pm
11 Jan 2016
Upload your work byÂ by dragging and dropping files into the dropbox below >
EMERGENCY is aspexâ€™s biennial open submission group exhibition, which seeks to highlight the work of emerging visual artists working in all media. Submissions can be made by artists from anywhere in the UK or abroad.
There are no age restrictions, but undergraduate students must be in their final year of study. The exhibition is not themed. A prize of a solo exhibition at aspex and Â£1000 fee will be awarded to the selected artist.
This year, our selectors are:
Suki Chan, artist
Kwong Lee,Â Director, Castlefield Gallery
Karen Mackinnon, Director & Curator, Artes Mundi
Joanne Bushnell, Director, Aspex
All entrants must send:
- A printed hard copy or digital version of the EMERGENCYÂ application form
- An up-to-date CV/resume. (Max 2 pages)
- Maximum 5 Images (please see specifications below). No further supporting material will be considered.
- Return postage & self addressed packaging for return of submission if necessary.
- Submission fee Â£15 sterling, concessions Â£10 sterling (please see payment methods below).
- We accept applications by post or upload
- Moving image submissions must be edited to a showreel of a maximum of 5 minutes including up to 5 works. Please do not submit whole works. Blu-ray cannot be accepted.
- Please ensure that all supporting material in digital format is Mac compatible.
- Preferred formats are jpegs, tiffs, mov, avi, mp3, wave and Mpeg 4.
- Please submit single images only, no digital slide shows or PowerPoint presentations can be accommodated in the selection process.
- All uploaded files must be clearly labelled with the artistâ€™s name and number corresponding to works listed on the application form
The submission fee payment is Â£15 Sterling (Â£10 Sterling concessions for full-time students, please enclose photocopy/scan of proof of current student status, ie: NUS card).
Please pay in one of the following ways:
- Via Charity Checkout
- Complete application form with your credit/debit card details. You will be notified once payment has been taken and receipt will be issued if required.
Closing Date for applications: