SPACE APPLICATIONS CENTRE
A.S. KIRAN KUMAR
Kiran Kumar received his Physics (Honours)
Ø Realizing three tier imaging concept for IRS-1C to Resourcesat-1
Ø Ocean Colour instruments to cater to PFZ forecast
Ø High Resolution along track stereo imaging system of Cartosat-1
Ø Achieving sub-meter resolution optical imaging capability with TES to Cartosat-2
Ø Realizing of meteorological payloads of 2-channel and 3-channel VHRR
Ø Third generation Imager and Sounder from GEO platform
Ø Terrain Mapping Camera and Hyper Spectral Imager for Chandrayaan-2 mission.
As Associate Director he has steered design and realization of communication, navigation, microwave and remote sensing payloads at the Centre.
He is recipient of many a laurels/awards like –
· Indian Society of Remote Sensing Award for the year 1994.
· VASVIK Award (Electronic sciences and technology) for the year 1998.
· Astronautical Society of India Award (Space sciences and Applications) for the year 2001.
· ISRO Individual Service Award 2006.
· Bhaskara Award conferred by Indian Society of Remote Sensing for the year 2007.
for Team Achievement Award 2008 of
· ISRO Performance Excellence Award 2008.
He is a (i) Fellow of National Academy of Engineers and (ii) Corresponding Member of International Academy of Astronautics.
He has represented ISRO in international forums like World
Meteorological Organisation (