Can I get a sample Dragon King

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anyone paste a sample Dragon King, link a relevent thread or point me to a sample Dragon King please for 3.5.

Only serious responses please.
Hi there. I am into long walks on the silt sea, torturing muls, and Faberge eggs.

Are you in to defiling-play?
-- Claytonian
Anyone paste a sample Dragon King, link a relevent thread or point me to a sample Dragon King please for 3.5.

http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=18048928&postcount=1

Only serious responses please.

No need to write that. We post here because we are serious.
There is also Dreagoth from Athas.org, though he is undead on top of being a dragon.
http://www.athas.org/products/DA/documents/24
Hi there. I am into long walks on the silt sea, torturing muls, and Faberge eggs.

Are you in to defiling-play?

No need to write that. We post here because we are serious.

Ya see i write that because most of you are clowns who get off on writing stupid crap back to people who are here to use the service for its intended purpose. To those who chose to be silly, thanks for being yourself. To those who are helpful, thank you. Claytoniantomb = clown, redking = helpful do we see the difference?
people who are here to use the service for its intended purpose.

Never thought of posting here as a service.
How much do you pay for a post?:D
Is this a real poster? Agressive from the very first post?
I started to make up all the dragon kings in 3.5E just before 4E came out. I only got as far as Androponis, though. If it will help, here he is.

Andropinis CR 39
Large 3rd stage dragon sorcerer (defiler) 10/psion (psychoportation) 10/cerebremancer 10
Init +4; Senses blindsense 60 ft., darkvision 120 ft., tremorsense 60 ft., Listen +22, Spot +22
Languages Many
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
AC 25 (-1 size, +16 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 25
Hp 480 (30d4+15d12+180) DR 5/magic
Immune fire, sleep, paralysis effects
PR/SR 18
Fort +29, Ref +18, Will +37
Spd 30 ft., burrow 20 ft., fly 120 ft. (poor)
Melee bite +33 (2d6+4), 2 claws +31 (1d8+2), 2 wings +31 (1d6+2), tail slap +31 (1d8+6)
Breath Weapon 40 ft. cone of grit (8d4)
Base Atk +30; Grp +39
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft. (10 ft. with bite)
Special Actions frightful presence DC 24
Spell-Like Abilities At will--haboob
Sorcerer Spells Known (cast 6/8/8/8/7/7/7/7/6/6 per day; DC 17 + spell level; CL 21st):
9th—imprisonment, shapechange, time stop
8th—prismatic wall, maze, iron body
7th—greater teleport, forcecage, waves of exhaustion
6th—antimagic field, disintegrate, Tensor’s transformation
5th—cloudkill, feeblemind, wall of force, baleful polymorph
4th—lesser globe of invulnerability, confusion, wall of fire, greater invisibility
3rd—hold person, fireball, displacement, vampiric touch
2nd—fog cloud, scorching ray, mirror image, bull’s strength, eagle’s splendor
1st—protection from good, shield, mage armor, true strike, magic missile
0—resistance, detect magic, read magic, dancing lights, light, mage hand, message, arcane mark, prestigitation
Power Points/Day: 393; Powers Known (DC 15 + power level; ML 21st):
9th—affinity field, timeless body
8th—recall death, shadow body, true metabolism
7th—psionic ethereal jaunt, energy wave
6th—temporal acceleration, fuse flesh
5th—baleful teleport, adapt body, psychic crush, tower of iron will, psionic true seeing
4th—aura sight, correspond, intellect fortress, psionic freedom of movement, empathic feedback, telekinetic maneuvers
3rd—astral caravan, psionic blast, mental barrier, energy bolt, energy burst
2nd—dimension swap, thought shield, ego whip, biofeedback, inflict pain
1st—burst, dissipating touch, inertial armor, mind thrust, defensive precognition, offensive precognition
Abilities Str 18 Dex 10 Con 18 Int 20 Wis 19 Cha 24
SQ blindsense 60 ft., immunity to fire, keen senses, tremorsense 60 ft.
Feats Cleave, Diehard, Dodge, Endurance, Flyby Attack, Ghost Attack, Great Cleave, Greater Power Specialization, Greater Psionic Fist, Improved Initiative, Hover, Mobility, Multiattack, Overchannel, Power Attack, Power Specialization, Psionic Fist, Psionic Meditation, Unavoidable Strike, Weapon Focus (ray)
Skills Bluff +20, Climb +15, Concentration +61, Decipher Script +18, Hide +14, Intimidate +25, Jump +15, Listen +22, Knowledge (arcane) +29, Knowledge (psionics) +29, Knowledge (history) +18, Knowledge (the planes) +10, Move Silently +18, Psicraft +27, Ride +11, Sense Motive +22, Spellcraft +29, Spot +22, Survival +33

I was going to create them using the sand dragon from Sandstorm. The 10 stages of the dragon king correlated into the ages of the dragon. It started at the young dragon for stage 1 and went up to the great worm for stage 10. I had an idea of tying the six dragon kings to the six different specialties of the psions. It was going to look something like this:

Atzetuk Medium 1st stage (young) dragon sorcerer 10/psion (clairsentience) 10/cerebremancer 10

Dregoth Gargantuan 9th stage (wyrm) dragon (undead) sorcerer 10/psion (psychokinesis) 10/cerebremancer 10

Hamanu Large 3rd stage (young adult) dragon sorcerer 10/psion (psychometabolism) 10/cerebremancer 10

Lalali-Puy Large 3rd stage (young adult) dragon sorcerer 10/psion (metacreativity) 10/cerebremancer 10

Nibenay Large 4th stage (adult) dragon sorcerer 10/psion (telepathy) 10/cerebremancer 10

I never finished them because 4E came out.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. --George Orwell

There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. --Howard Zinn

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster. --Friedrich Nietzsche

Devil\'s Brigade

Andropinis with sorcerer levels?
Sysane-The Terror of Urik
Andropinis with sorcerer levels?

He is in my creation.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. --George Orwell

There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. --Howard Zinn

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster. --Friedrich Nietzsche

Devil\'s Brigade

He is in my creation.

Fair enough
Sysane-The Terror of Urik
I never finished them because 4E came out.

You Elf blooded Tari - finish them!!!

Oh and thanks, even with sorcerer levels he is more than useable for his intended role - terrify the players into submission.
So 4e stopped you? ;)
I'm designing a defiler warlord (those instruments of Rajaat before the Cleansing Wars began and he made Champions), using 4e rules. Quite a tough endeavor, not unlike doing Andro no matter the edition. You need to cram the essence of the character within no more than 10 powers (about the max no. of powers you can find in a monster/NPC).
You Elf blooded Tari - finish them!!!

Oh and thanks, even with sorcerer levels he is more than useable for his intended role - terrify the players into submission.

Your welcome. Sorry, it is doubtful I'll return to 3.5E anytime soon. I much prefer 4E adversary creation system (and 4E overall). I'll keep this thread in mind, though, just in case. You never know when I just might throw one together just for fun.

I went with sorcerer because I liked them better for the dragon kings. The sorcerer embodied the whole magic from within, rather than the controlling from without that the wizard embodied. Something that I felt the dragon kings embodied at the point they were at. Even if they started out as what would be the wizard class, I felt they were more like the sorcerer class now, as dragon kings.

Devil\'s Brigade

Thinking about it Sorcerer does make sense, after all these few represent the last of the few personally taught by Rajaat, the First Sorcerer himself. Their understanding of magic should be different.

EDIT: And I found the smilie I should have used before IMAGE(http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/PhoenixMerrick/whip.gif)
Thinking about it Sorcerer does make sense, after all these few represent the last of the few personally taught by Rajaat, the First Sorcerer himself. Their understanding of magic should be different.

EDIT: And I found the smilie I should have used before IMAGE(http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/PhoenixMerrick/whip.gif)

Aargh, nooooo.

Not sure if you are joking, but the 2nd ed didn't have sorcerers. However, I like the idea of sorcerers being in Dark Sun 3.5ed - but not sorcerer sorcerer-kings. To quote myself from another thread.

The Sorcerer class (An NPC Class)

Sorcerers in Athas are known as Spellbinders, sorcerer and sorcery being generic terms for wizards and wizardry. Spellbinders are the decendents of humans that were the failed experiments of Rajaat. Rajaat, who had invented magic, wanted to instill some human followers with innate magical abilities. He succeeded in this, however, the traits that emerged were not what he was looking for in champions for the cleansing wars, so he abandoned his experiments. Of the handful of humans he experimented on, none had children that demonstrated any supernatural abilities, so Rajaat was content to leave them be for the meantime.

What Rajaat could not have known was that these abilities only have the potential to manifest when both bloodlines have the blood of at least two of those that Rajaat experimented on, and it was hundreds of years before the decendants of his human experiments were to meet and have children together. Therefore, hundreds of years later, the first Spellbinders appeared on Athas. Even so, the blending of the bloodlines does not guarantee the birth of a Spellbinder - even given the right bloodlines, only one in 10 of those will born will be born a Spellbinder.

Spellbinders are considered accursed people. Their powers manifest during puberty, and they are natural defilers, regardless of their ethical orientation. Defiling is the only way for them to access magic. They cannot choose to be preservers.

During puberty they often spontaneously cast spells, but most are able to control their spellcasting before adulthood. When a Spellbinder is found out, they are usually turned over to whatever local authority exists. The penalty for them is usually death. However, some of them serve the sorcerer kings as wicked archanamachs.

No one except the sorcerer-kings and their highest ranking templars know the truth about the origins of the Spellbinders. To the regular people of Athas, the discovery of a Spellbinder is an ill omen of bad luck.

I did manage to stat Borys back when I was still trying to finish Legends of Athas.

Borys, the Dragon of Tyr
Though this reptilian creature is waist–deep in silt, its slender head looms as far above a silt skimmer's deck at the highest mast. It has a spiked crest of leathery skin running up the back of its serpentine spine. A menacing light glows in its tiny eyes, and wisps of red fume rose from the nostrils at the end of its slender snout.

Borys, the Dragon of Tyr (FY 10) CR 50
Male Champion of Rajaat stage X dragon psychic warrior 12/defiler 5/arch defiler 10/cerebremancer 7/Athasian dragon 10
LE Gargantuan dragon (augmented humanoid, psionic)
Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Listen +17, Spot +17
Languages Common, Dwarven, Draxan; tongues
Aura tainted (50 ft.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AC 67, touch 14, flat–footed 65
(–4 size, +2 Dex, +20 armor, +33 natural, +6 deflection)
hp 878 (44 HD); regeneration 10; DR 15/epic and metal
Immune disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, energy drain, ability drain, ability damage, polymorphing, petrification; mind-affecting or scrying effects (personal mind blank)
Resist dispel psionics (dispelling buffer); SR 55, PR 55
Fort +36, Ref +19, Will +35
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speed 50 ft. (10 squares), burrow 30 ft., fly 200 ft. (poor)
Space 20 ft.; Reach 15 ft. (20 ft. with bite)
Melee 2 claws +40 each (2d8+10) and
bite +38 (4d6+21) and
tail +38 (2d8+31) and
2 wings +38 each (2d6+10)
Base Atk +23; Grp +56
Atk Options breath weapon, Deep Impact, dragon magic, Dragon Metamagic, Empower Power, frightful presence, Multipower, Multispell, Opportunity Power, Psionic Weapon, spontaneous casting (signature spells), Unconditional Power
Special Actions Body Fuel, casting time metamagic 2/day, energy storing, Epic Psionic Meditation, far reach, Fast Raze, genocidal focus (dwarfs), metamixture, metapotency, path of least resistance, psionic raze
Epic Spell/Day 4; Epic Spells Known (CL 31th, 1d20+31 to overcome SR):
defiler metamorphosis I, epic counterspell, epic mage armor†, greater ruin (DC 36), Hollow imprisonment
†Already cast
Wizard Spells Prepared (CL 31th, 1d20+31 to overcome SR):
12th—maximized meteor swarm (DC 35), quickened wish
11th—empowered maximized quickened fireball (DC 29), maximized energy drain (DC 35)
10th—maximized silent spell turning, empowered maximized circle of death (DC 32), quickened greater teleport
9th—maximized silent chain lightning (DC 32), maximized delayed blast fireball (DC 33), energy drain (DC 35), quickened greater dispel magic, mage’s disjunction (DC 35), power word kill
8th—create greater undead, empowered maximized silent cone of cold (DC 31), dimensional lock, mass charm monster (DC 34), quickened silent greater invisibility, horrid wilting (DC 34)
7th—control undead (DC 33), empowered silent maximized fireball (29), finger of death (DC 33), forcecage, quickened silent dispel magic, spell turning
6th—circle of death (DC 32), globe of invulnerability, eyebite (DC 32), mass suggestion (DC 32), shadow walk, repulsion (DC 32), true seeing
5th—dominate person (DC 31), feeblemind (DC 31), magic jar (DC 31), maximized fireball (DC 29), teleport, quickened invisibility, silent greater invisibility
4th—animate dead, confusion (DC 30), contagion (DC 30), detect scrying, empowered lightning bolt (DC 29), greater invisibility, touch the black (DC 30)
3rd—dispel magic, fireball (DC 29) (2), haste, hold person (DC 29), lightning bolt (DC 29), suggestion (DC 29)
2nd—bear’s endurance, command undead (DC 28), flaming sphere (DC 28) (2), invisibility, spectral hand, detect thoughts, see invisibility
1st—burning hands (DC 27), charm person (DC 27), chill touch (DC 27), expeditious retreat, magic missile (2), protection from good, shield
0—detect magic (2), read magic (2)
Signature Spells 1st—true strike; 2nd—fog cloud; 3rd—displacement (DC 29); 4th—phantasmal killer (DC 30); 5th—cloudkill (DC 31); 6th—acid fog; 7th—waves of exhaustion; 8th—incendiary cloud (DC 34); 9th—time stop
Power Points/Day 299; Psychic Warrior Powers Known (ML 25th):
6th—dispelling buffer†, personal mindblank†, poison simulation
5th—adapt body, catapsi (DC 24), psychofeedback
4th—energy adaptation, psionic freedom of movement, steadfast perception
3rd—claws of the vampire, evade burst, mental barrier
2nd—animal affinity†, body adjustment, body equilibrium, psionic lion’s charge
1st—expansion, offensive prescience, offensive precognition, vigor
†Already manifested
Abilities Str 52, Dex 15, Con 39, Int 44, Wis 29, Cha 12
SQ ageless, genocidal focus (dwarfs), immortality, metamagic raze, painful radius, psionic enchantment (psionic raze, path of least resistance, metapotency, metamixture, far reach), summon familiar, swallow obsidian orbs
Epic Feats Automatic Quicken Spell, Dragon Metamagic, Epic Psionic Meditation, Epic Spellcasting, Extended Dragon Metamagic, Improved Metamagic, Improved Spell Capacity (10th), Improved Spell Capacity (11th), Improved Spell Capacity (12th), MultispellB
Feats Agonizing Radius, Body FuelB, Deep Impact, Destructive RazeB, Efficient RazeB, Empower PowerB, Empower SpellB, Fast RazeB, Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Maximize Spell, Multiattack, Opportunity PowerB, Psionic BodyB, Quicken Spell, Psionic WeaponB, Silent Spell, Scribe ScrollB, Unconditional Power
Skills Autohypnosis 8 (+19), Bluff 40 (+41), Climb 10 (+31), Concentration 47 (+61), Decipher Script 10 (+27), Diplomacy 0 (+3 (+5 to deal with troops)), Disguise 0 (+1 (+3 to act in character)), Intimidate 10 (+13), Jump 10 (+31), Knowledge (arcana) 47 (+64), Knowledge (history) 30 (+47), Knowledge (psionics) 24 (+41), Knowledge (warcraft) 25 (+42), Listen 8 (+17), Literacy (Common, Dwarven, Draxan), Psicraft 10 (+29), Ride 8 (+10), Spellcraft 47 (+66), Speak Language (Draxan), Spot 8 (+17)
Possessions combat gear plus ring of epic psionics IX, ring of protection +6, headband of epic intellect +12 (640,000 gp), 5-inch orb of energy storing (swallowed)
Spellbook spells prepared plus 0—all; 1st—identify, mage armor, sleep; 2nd—protection from arrows, resist energy; 3rd—deep slumber, nondetection; 4th—stoneskin, mass enlarge person, polymorph; 5th—dismissal, overland flight; 6th—flesh to stone, freezing sphere; 7th—limited wish, mass hold person; 8th—moment of prescience, prismatic wall; 9th—dominate monster, foresight
Tainted Aura (Su) People feel uncomfortable and wary, and animals whimper is his presence. Borys suffers a –5 circumstance penalty to Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information and Handle Animal checks and receives a +10 bonus to Intimidate checks. DS3 XX
Breath Weapon 60 ft. cone, once every 1d4 rounds, damage 22d12 half fire and half piercing, Ref DC 44 half. LoA 45
Dragon Magic (Su) All spells considered to be in abundant terrain type, 5 Con damage, Fort DC 26. LoA 10
Frightful Presence 600-foot radius, 44 HD or fewer, Will DC 33 negates. LoA 45
Genocidal Focus (Dwarfs) (Su) Spells and powers deal +4d6 damage. A weapon’s effective enhancement bonus is +4 better than its normal and it deals +4d6 points of damage. LoA 100
Casting Time Metamagic Borys can spontaneously apply a metamagic feat he knows for a spell without increasing the spell’s level or requiring a higher level spell slot, but doubles the spell’s casting time. DS3 XX
Energy Storing (Su) Borys can store life energy from nearby creatures as a full-round action that provokes an attack of opportunity. Creatures within 220 ft. gain one negative level. LoA 101
Far Reach Borys can use touch spells and powers on targets up to 30 feet away. LoA 10
Metamixture Borys can apply Opportunity Power feat to spells. Treat the spell as a psionic power of equivalent level for purposes of determining the power point cost. Borys can spend up to 25 power points. LoA 10
Metapotency When applying either Empower Spell or Empower Power feats, its effects are multiplied by 1.5. LoA 11
Path of Least Resistance Borys uses the lower of targets’ spell resistance and power resistance if he knows both the psionic and arcane equivalent of a power or spell. LoA 11
Psionic Raze When casting a spell, Borys can opt for his defiling radius to drain 1 power point per level of the spell slot expended from all creatures caught in the defiling radius. Using psionic raze costs 1 power point per two spell slot levels, rounded up. LoA 11
Regeneration (Ex) Cold and sonic effects deal normal damage to Borys. If Borys loses a limb or body part, the lost portion regrows in 3d6 minutes. Borys can reattach the severed member instantly by holding it to the stump. LoA 101
Hook “Destiny? There is no such thing as destiny—except what a being chooses for himself.”

Borys of Ebe, the 13th Champion of Rajaat, was the Butcher of Dwarves. He orchestrated the rebellion against Rajaat and became the leader of the Champions. Borys convinced his followers to use the Dark Lens to transform him into the Dragon. As the Dragon, Borys watched over Rajaat’s prison in the city-state of Ur Draxa until Rikus killed him with one of Rajaat’s swords, the Scourge of Rkard, on Free Year 10.
Borys had the following ability scores before gaining the Champion of Rajaat template, and he had the following ability scores before ability level increases, wishes, the dragon metamorphosis, and equipment bonuses: Str 15, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 8.

Strategies and Tactics
Borys uses his first round of combat to cast an area greater dispel magic and empowered maximized circle of death using dragon magic to quicken both spells before he manifests psionic lion’s charge fully augmented and charges using a full attack action to quickly dispatch any survivors. Borys will use its breath weapon only as a last resort; for it is so destructive that nothing usually remains afterwards. If its opponents prove too strong, he won’t hesitate to fly and cast spells from a distance, or even to use quickened greater teleport in order to retreat in order to heal itself using body adjustment and vigor before returning to the fray.
brun01, that is pretty hardcore. Just one question, why psychic warrior instead of psion?
If you re-read PP, especially the Rkard vs. Borys battle, you'll notice that Bory's really the combat type guy... I've tried to translate that into having at least one melee-oriented class.
If you re-read PP, especially the Rkard vs. Borys battle, you'll notice that Bory's really the combat type guy... I've tried to translate that into having at least one melee-oriented class.

Fits with the info presented in RaFoaDK as well. If you remember, Borys, Hamanu, Dregoth, and Pennarin are described as being "the four champions who prided themselves on their sheer, brute strength".

**As a side note, I always kind of hoped that Dregoth would have his bad ass maul (the one he used to fell the First Sorcerer).
Ya see i write that because most of you are clowns who get off on writing stupid crap back to people who are here to use the service for its intended purpose. To those who chose to be silly, thanks for being yourself. To those who are helpful, thank you. Claytoniantomb = clown, redking = helpful do we see the difference?

I just thought a silly request ("common guys, this is cereal!") deserves a silly response.
LOL internets
-- Claytonian
Sign In to post comments