PAYDAY 2

View Stats:
PAYDAY 2 > General Discussions > Topic Details
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
♥Ashley♥ Sep 9 @ 5:36am
Digital art contest!
Payday 2 Digital art contest

CLOSES 20th OCTOBER!

Hello there and it's time for another contest to see what talent the community has to offer! We've had some amazing masks made and heist designs! Lets see what you guys can do with digital work! Specifically, images! Not video's for now!

What counts as digital art? Well anything you make on your computer, you can use any software you desire. Photoshop, gimp, source film maker any tools available. We want to see the best art you guys have to offer. Characters, buildings, weapons, cannon or non-cannon everything goes. What do we want to see? We want to see effort and talent combined to make some beautiful images!

Unfortunately with the many advantages of digital art there are a few downsides, specifically regarding cheaters. We there will be a few rules that ALL entries will HAVE to follow to be entered into the contest. Sorry for any inconvenience but we want to make sure the right people are given awesome prizes! With that said, any entry that is found to have stolen art will result in a permanent community and forum ban. It's not worth it.

• THE ART WORK MUST CONTAIN SOME KIND OF TOASTED BREAD ITEM (A TOASTIE ect) Anywhere in the image no matter how small.
  • We need at least 4 screenshots of you developing your work. The more, the better for you.
  • These screenshots must be spread out through development, showing many different stages.
  • Art work must be made specifically for this contest. (You can use it after however you want. Images made before this contest do not count.)
  • At some point it would be very helpful if you put the finished image on the community hub!

Sorry for all the rules! Just we don't want to be handing out your hard earned prizes to art thieves! Speaking of prizes, we have some great prizes for the winners! Entries will be judged at a later announced date. The best will receive some great prizes as well but runner up entries will get rewards as well! Send your entry to toquin91@gmail.com

High Tier prizes:
Lootbag Codes (Pre-order DLC bonus.)
Alienware Alpha mask codes
E3 Mask codes
Payday 2 GOTY edition
Payday Con codes (Not confirmed yet)
Dozer mask codes (Not confirmed yet)

Other prizes:
Free store DLC
Copy of payday 2 to share with a friend
Humble bundle mask codes
Last edited by ♥Ashley♥; Oct 7 @ 9:36am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 382 comments
Stormalonger Sep 9 @ 5:39am 
tfw no drawing skills
Yamaha Sep 9 @ 5:45am 
Jesus christ, finally.
Last edited by Yamaha; Sep 9 @ 5:48am
Freddy Butcher Sep 9 @ 5:47am 
Someone hold my beer. I'm in.
happy cat Sep 9 @ 5:48am 
mfw i have no digital art skills
Yamaha Sep 9 @ 5:48am 
Originally posted by ♥Ashley♥:
  • THE ART WORK MUST CONTAIN SOME KIND OF TOASTED BREAD ITEM (A TOASTIE ect) Anywhere in the image no matter how small.
Is this really necessary, Ash?
Also, a deadline would be nice.
Last edited by Yamaha; Sep 9 @ 5:49am
♥Ashley♥ Sep 9 @ 5:50am 
Originally posted by Yamaha:

Unfortunately yes. It prevents people from simply directly stealing art that has already been made. It is possible to fake screenshots of you making it. With something like this, someone who didn't make it won't be able to put this in without it looking out of place.
Yamaha Sep 9 @ 5:53am 

Unfortunately yes. It prevents people from simply directly stealing art that has already been made. It is possible to fake screenshots of you making it. With something like this, someone who didn't make it won't be able to put this in without it looking out of place.
I beg to differ. But i understand.
Best of luck to all participants.
sexyboot Sep 9 @ 5:54am 
"Draw me like one of your french toasts" - Clover
Please people, I beg you
♥Ashley♥ Sep 9 @ 5:55am 

I beg to differ. But i understand.
Best of luck to all participants.

You could upload a video of you working on the whole thing if you wanted. The toast seemed a much easier task then recording, compressing and uploading a video.
ninja crouton Sep 9 @ 6:21am 
I use MS paint for all of my art. It's so pretty
♥Ashley♥ Sep 9 @ 6:34am 
Originally posted by ninja crouton (moving):
I use MS paint for all of my art. It's so pretty

Its a great metaphore for your personality.
Freddy Butcher Sep 9 @ 6:37am 
so.. when's due date? kinda stressing right now my idea probably might be the worst...
♥Ashley♥ Sep 9 @ 6:37am 
Originally posted by Plush trap:
so.. when's due date? kinda stressing right now my idea probably might be the worst...

It depends on how long it takes for people to get organised and when entries start to come in. You have at LEAST one month.
NoFlu Sep 9 @ 6:42am 
So did you mods come up with this or was it Overkill?
♥Ashley♥ Sep 9 @ 6:43am 
Originally posted by NoFlu | Loud!:
So did you mods come up with this or was it Overkill?

I do these by myself pretty much.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 382 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

PAYDAY 2 > General Discussions > Topic Details