Filmmaker S.S Rajamouli’s magnum opus “Baahubali: The Beginning”, the first part in a two-part war drama, has set the cash registers ringing by grossing approximately Rs.60 crore on the first day worldwide.
“It’s a phenomenal start. Early estimate suggests that the film has grossed about Rs.60 crore on release day worldwide. This way, it may even reach the Rs.100 crore club over the weekend,” trade analyst Trinath told IANS.
The film, which is about the battle between two brothers for an ancient kingdom, stars Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Anushka Shetty and Tamannah Bhatia, Nasser and Ramya Krishnan in the lead roles.
- Thanks for inspiration: Shah Rukh Khan to 'Baahubali' team
- SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali' enters Rs. 300 crore club
- Here's why SS Rajamouli 'Baahubali' is India's biggest blockbuster
- SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali' collects Rs. 215 crore in first five days
- 'Baahubali' is India's fastest Rs.100 crore film
- SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali' is India's biggest opener, shatters many records
In US alone, “Baahubali…” collected a whopping Rs.15 crore.
Produced by Arka Media Works, the film released in over 4,000 screens in Telugu, Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam.
“The Telugu version did extremely well. The Tamil and Hindi versions did decent business too. In Kerala, since the film managed to release in only 50 screens, it couldn’t open big,” said Trinath.