another quality product from FTA TV. :no:

#3 McDigital

McDigital

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

G'day,

And.......It's on air. Launching 17th September.

I warn you though, the loop is pretty annoying

#4 holdencaulfield2007

holdencaulfield2007

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

Spree

#5 davmel

davmel

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

Ten and ONE have taken a hit in bitrate. ONE is now down to 9.2 Mbps and Ten is at an awful 3.8 Mbps. Pretty pathetic that their main channel showing their latest premium content is now compressed so much.

#6 Huggies

Huggies

AV Forum Member

• 62 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

Yep this crap just came up in my channels earlier tonight.

#7 pc9

pc9

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

Ten and ONE have taken a hit in bitrate. ONE is now down to 9.2 Mbps and Ten is at an awful 3.8 Mbps. Pretty pathetic that their main channel showing their latest premium content is now compressed so much.

Is this madness ever going to end. Bandwidth restrictions are not just restricted to digital terrestrial television; FTA VAST which is supposed to be DVB S2 is clearly affected by compression issues. Foxtel's standard definition services are mostly unwatchable due to compression; and where I live, ADSL 1 with a breathtaking maximum download speed of 6mbps can't even properly stream a HD movie.

Perhaps a clue can be found in my gen y eldest son who doesn't give a damn about picture quality, nor he is particularly fussed about dad's 55" telly. Happiness appears to reside in the tablet and whatever other hand held devices he can get hold of.

#8 lizclinton

lizclinton

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

Maybe if they switch back to black & white they could fit another shopping channel or two in.

#9 pheggie

pheggie

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

My Tivo just added Another bloody shopping channel added CH15 Spreetv in Melbourne
waste of space degrading all of tens other channels.

SpreeTV promos now running damn you ten.

#10 Digital Penetration

Digital Penetration

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

So SBS, who once tried kidding us that 576p was HD are now broadcasting the best HD quality stuff? When it's not upscaled SD, that is.

#11 GoForMoe

GoForMoe

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

So SBS, who once tried kidding us that 576p was HD are now broadcasting the best HD quality stuff? When it's not upscaled SD, that is.

And while I don't want to provoke AlanH - once we've completed the restack, things will probably improve further with a move to the same transmission parameters as the other networks to get to 23Mbps, and probably increase HD bitrates further.

Honestly I don't mind TVSN - it's mostly Australian produced, which means for the negatives of it being on air, it's probably doing more local production than Ten's other channels, and the added audience should help keep that viable and reduce repeats - that's a good deal. But a constant loop of just 30 minutes of pre-recorded, mostly American infomercials with 'a special offer for the viewers' isn't justifiable in any sense.

#12 davmel

davmel

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

If anyone has seen the movie "Olympus Has Fallen" there is a fake news report from the Australian Ten news network at the 95 minute mark in the movie. I fell off my chair laughing at the glorious HD quality of the fake news report with a crystal clear network Ten coloured watermark in the corner. It seems the only way we will ever see the Ten logo in full HD ever again is in fictional movies!
How ironic that Olympus hasn't fallen but the bitrates of channel Ten have!
(i'm still shaking me head wondering why they showed Hamish Macdonald from the Ten network in a Hollywood movie.... Couldn't they find a reputable journalist from a more well known TV network?)

#13 jsmith

jsmith

AV Forum Member

• 6,518 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

Everyone ready for tomorrow night?

Posted Image

JSmith :ninja:

#14 mwd

mwd

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

Has not shown up in my Channel List yet here in Regional Queensland not that I am going scanning for it. The Moto GP last night on One looked pretty good fantastic detail on the slow motion shots.

#15 digitalj

digitalj

AV Forum Member

• 13,035 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

It won't be showing via SCA, SCA already has TVSN and Aspire.

#16 laurie

laurie

AV Forum Member

• 6,626 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

Stop complaining its FREE! :yawn: just goes to show what a disgrace our broadcasters are

Perhaps a clue can be found in my gen y eldest son who doesn't give a damn about picture quality

spot on pc9 as with 99.9% of the population

cheers laurie

#17 digitalj

digitalj

AV Forum Member

• 13,035 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

Perhaps a clue can be found in my gen y eldest son who doesn't give a damn about picture quality, nor he is particularly fussed about dad's 55" telly. Happiness appears to reside in the tablet and whatever other hand held devices he can get hold of.

I'm gen Y and have always wanted the best picture and sound quality possible.

#18 McDigital

McDigital

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

G'day,

If I was to tip on something, it would be that Channel Seven are yet to release their second "datacasting" station, if they intend to, that is..... (Prime already have ishoptv)

#19 Soap

Soap

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

Checked the bitrates here in Melbourne this morning:
OneHD - 11.3 Mbps (NFL footy - native HD)
Ten - 3.9 Mbps
Eleven - 2.6 Mbps
TVSN - 2.2 Mbps
Spree - 2.2 Mbps

Looks like they up the bitrate on One when it's native HD?

As for all the shopping channels, I hope the new federal government legislates to limit the number of shopping channels on FTA. And/or changes HDTV to MPEG4.

Edited by Soap, 20 September 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#20 g12345567

g12345567

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Just noticed this new channel. Another one to add to the deleted channel list on my TV. TV4ME, EXTRA, EXTRA 1, SPREE and TVSN. All these useless info/shopping channels are only adding to the reduced quality of the other main services.

#21 Aze

Aze

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

yep, me too, just did rescan and deleted all the rubbish :)

#22 ckent

ckent

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

(i'm still shaking me head wondering why they showed Hamish Macdonald from the Ten network in a Hollywood movie.... Couldn't they find a reputable journalist from a more well known TV network?)

The movie "Deep Impact" also has Sharyn Ghidella from when she was on Nine News.

#23 e.z

e.z

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:58 PM

Anyone's TV or PVR pick up channel 78?? Fresh Ideas TV.... another useless unnecessary channel

Edited by e.z, 22 November 2013 - 10:59 PM.

#24 Ron12

Ron12

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:27 AM

Yes I can pick it up in Melbourne. I get a black screen and silence, and the program description says Coming Soon. I prefer this to the endless loop that was on Spree TV. Geez I found that annoying.

Edited by Ron12, 23 November 2013 - 10:32 AM.

#25 jsmith

jsmith

AV Forum Member

• 6,518 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

Anyone's TV or PVR pick up channel 78?? Fresh Ideas TV.... another useless unnecessary channel

Yes here too in Sydney... also blank screen with info coming soon. Geez I'm so hangin' out for this one... :lol:

JSmith :ninja: