In today’s multifaceted threat environment (phishing, trojans, worms, spam, viruses), complete content protection places enormous processing demands on security systems. New signatures are developed on a daily basis to keep up with the sophistication, frequency and quantity of new attacks. It is therefore essential for IPS systems to be able to handle ever increasing numbers of signatures efficiently. At the same time, network speeds are beginning to surpass the capabilities of security appliances to monitor, analyze, filter, and defend the network. As the speed of enterprise networks moves beyond 10 Gbps, IPS devices must correspondingly scale up in performance.
In addition, IPSs are being inserted not only on the edge of the network (to protect against intrusion from outside), but also increasingly inside the network (for privacy and regulatory compliance). This too is driving demand for higher bandwidth solutions.
Reservoir Labs has experience developing high performance, high speed pattern matching for IPS and data mining. R-Scope – Reservoir’s patent-pending pattern-matching technology – provides high volume, deep content inspection at line rates up to 100 gigabits per second. R-Scope can:
- Perform deep content inspection at up to 100 Gbps bidirectional on a 1U appliance
- Analyze hundreds of packets and flows in parallel
- Match thousands of signatures concurrently
- Support advanced network monitoring languages (Snort, regular expressions, and beyond)
- Compile signatures to high-performance embedded code for efficiency
Here are some R-Scope applications:
- Advanced network monitoring
- Intrusion detection and prevention
- Extrusion detection for Sarbanes-Oxley, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, misappropriation, privacy violation, copyright infringement
- Pattern-matching acceleration for data mining and other applications
If you would like to get more information about our network security services, please contact us.