Barça set yet another record, goals in a calendar year with Messi, Neymar and Suárez leading the way
Luis Enrique's team have won 51 of 65 official matches over the last 12 months, setting another Club record
No football team has ever scored as many goals in a calendar year: 180 is the record breaking figure recorded for 2015 by FC Barcelona, a year that will truly go down as one of the most successful in the Club’s 116 year history. The four goals in Wednesday’s win over Betis in their final game of an amazing 12 months saw the blaugranes overtake Real Madrid’s record of 178 set in 2014. We take a forensic look at the stats behind Barça’s record breaking total which helped them claim the League, the Copa del Rey, the Champions League, the UEFA Super Cup and the Club World Cup in 2015.
- Messi (48), Suárez (48) and Neymar (41) have scored 137 of those 180 goals
- 107 goals between January and June, 73 between August and end of December
- Previous best Barça totals: 170 (2011) and 175 (2012)
- The 180 goals came in 65 official matches, 51 ending in victory for Barça
- 51 victories in a calendar year equal Real Madrid’s record from 2014
- That figure means Luis Enrique’s team won 78.4% of their games in 2015
Quite a collection of statistics that give FC Barcelona more than a few objectives to aim at for the coming year of 2016!