DIXON-L Archives

Archiver > DIXON > 1998-01 > 0884270826

From: Bennett Dickson <>
Subject: Re: [DIXON-L] DICKSON marriages early 1800s TN
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 14:47:06 GMT

At 09:14 PM 1/7/98 -0500, Robin Hoff Kaspar wrote:
>Looking for anyone researching these early 1800s Tennessee Dickson
>marriages ...

Robin,

I don't know of the William DICKSON/Kelly GORDON family, but the other three
are all descendants of John DICKSON (1704-1774) of Duplin County, NC. I
can't find any Rachel S. DICKSON in this family or in any of the other TN
DICKSONs that I track, but that doesn't mean she doesn't fit. Here is what
I do have on the three families you cited.

David DICKSON and Eliza MCNAIRY married 16 June 1808 in Dickson County, TN.
Their chidren:
Robert DICKSON b: 10 Jan 1810 d: 09 Nov 1873 m. Rowena PAINE
Jane DICKSON m. Ira TARPLEY
Moulton DICKSON
Elizabeth H. DICKSON b: 20 Dec 1828 d: 13 Mar 1875 m. Charles Clayton ABERNATHY

Moulton DICKSON and Martha STRONG married 3 Feb 1807 in Dickson County,
TN. Their children:
Michael Moulton DICKSON b: 1811 d: 1855 m. Mary FENTRESS
Priscilla DICKSON
Chistopher W. DICKSON m. Henrietta S. BARRETT
Samuel Dunn DICKSONb: 1813 m. Sarah Isabella MCQUISTON
Elizabeth Jane DICKSONb: 1817d: 13 Feb 1847 m. George F. RAWORTH
Charles Strong DICKSON m. Lucetta BERNARD m (2) Lucretia HILL
Martha Ann DICKSON m. Charles STRONG
R.A. DICKSON
L. Newton DICKSON m. Mary ELDER
Joseph A. DICKSON m. Mary C. MCCAIN
Joseph Alexander DICKSON

William DICKSON and Polly GRAY married 19 Aug 1802 in Nashville, TN. Their
children:
Cornelia Ann DICKSON
Indiana DICKSON
Florida DICKSON m. Henry BALDWIN
2nd Wife of William DICKSON was Susannah HICKMAN m: 08 May 1807 in
Davidson County, TN
William DICKSON was a physician and congressman. He died in 1817. Dickson
County, TN named for him. I don't know of any children by his second wife.

Bennett

This thread: